+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling all Mages!

Soulwalker

Default Calling all Mages!

I've tried all the melee souls up to at least 25 or so, not fond of either in particular. I'm going to go with a Caster this MMO and thought that Elementalist sounded fun. I've read all the negative feedback on them and just don't care really, it's what I want to go with. What I am looking for however is the pve solo build that is the Elementalist as primary soul. I could go with the suggested souls and wing my point distribution, but I'd like to get your guys opinions and effective builds if you don't mind sharing!

Thank you in advance!

Just take the pet healing talent, and pet buffing talents, and that's pretty much it. Everything else can go where ever you want.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Iri
    Champion

Warlock synergizes well with Elementalist for leveling... I believe it's eight points to turn your charge into health while your pet tanks and your dots kill, and Ele lets you turn health or charge into mana. Opportunity procs for improved Lightning Bolt, and a solid DoT rotation with the occasional nuke will add damage slowly enough for your pet to hold mobs for long enough to get everything applied, after which you get to sit and watch them die. I'd recommend Archon for a 0-point spec, as it's another dot and a better nuke, but Dominator also has some benefits.

Prophet of Telara

If you go this route you can solo all of the group quests as your elemental can easily tank the elites. Chloro/Ele build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...coRR.Ex000xoAz

If you aren't TOO attached to Ele I would suggest Necro/Lock for levelling as it is the straight up fastest killing machine there is in the mage line:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0ckLu.V0o.E0ohdc0M.b

You won't be soloing any elites with it, but you can handle up to around 5-6 normal mobs all at once after around levle 16 by just piling on your dots and then hitting soul purge and going through the mobs one at a time. Took me around 4 days played to go 1-50 with that spec.

Soulwalker

that is a link to a warrior build
    Last edited by Sinical; 03-13-2011 at 12:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread