+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ele dps Rotation

Soulwalker

Default Ele dps Rotation

Hi guys, I know ele doesn't get a lot of love... but I really enjoy the idea behind the class!

I use SC as my secondary and for solo have it specced into arctic chill for a total of 75% movement reduction (i pull mobs with this, and air pet, and they're dead before they get to me!)

In a group, i swap roles to have high voltage for +10% crit on air spells. That, combined with ele's "charged" ability gives me 25% additional chance to crit Lightning strike and +15% damage on it.

Now I just want to check my rotation with you guys. Im only in the 20's bracket now but for instances, i cant seem to pull too far ahead of other players dps. We are all usually ... pretty similar (is this normal?)

I open with ignite to instantly get my air pet on the target and give it +30% crit chance. Then go to icy carapace, lightning strike, and spam crystalline missiles X3(the first cast triggers icy carapace's nuke portion). I have the timing perfectly down so that after all of that i can repeat this rotation and the cooldowns will be up in order. It's ideal! However, i'm not sure if i could get better dps some other way...

Like i said, my dps is good... but i consider myself a good mmorpg player and would really like to do a little better on average. Does this really REALLY take completely switching my spec? I'm trying to make ele work! I know it can

elementalist felt the most broken for a proper rotation

it feels like its only a few tools that each individually were made to be in the roation of another tree
    +the soul is horrible past the 2nd line

look like its intended as a sub spec, or broken... imo worst tree in the game to spec as a main soul :/
    Down the rabbit hole...

Soulwalker

My guess is that people dont really give the spec a try... the fully tallented air pet hits very hard on mobs with the +30% crit chance and +50% skill damage debuffs applied. That damage also happens mana/ GCD free for me, so i can be running my chain. After a few more instances tonight, i'm pretty happy with the rotation im using. I slotted Dom in as the third soul and am having trouble deciding between it and archon.

Archon gives the pillaging stone/searing vitality self buffs while dom gives an instant spamable air spell (neural prod) and a larger instant air spell with a cooldown (for two points spent, and i forget the name.)

I could use neural prod / the other air spell from dom in my rotation after crystalline missiles gives it's debuff but before my other CD's are up to restart the chain... or, i could just stick with what i'm doing and use the archon buffs to keep my stats boosted (i prefer this!)

Anyone have an idea of how pets scale off their owners stats?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kirum View Post
    My guess is that people dont really give the spec a try... the fully tallented air pet hits very hard on mobs with the +30% crit chance and +50% skill damage debuffs applied. That damage also happens mana/ GCD free for me, so i can be running my chain. After a few more instances tonight, i'm pretty happy with the rotation im using. I slotted Dom in as the third soul and am having trouble deciding between it and archon.

Archon gives the pillaging stone/searing vitality self buffs while dom gives an instant spamable air spell (neural prod) and a larger instant air spell with a cooldown (for two points spent, and i forget the name.)

I could use neural prod / the other air spell from dom in my rotation after crystalline missiles gives it's debuff but before my other CD's are up to restart the chain... or, i could just stick with what i'm doing and use the archon buffs to keep my stats boosted (i prefer this!)

Anyone have an idea of how pets scale off their owners stats?
    they see the damage the pets do and instantly switch to necro. zealot pet at 39 has 3 spammable skills. one hits for 430, the other 2 hit for 260.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread