+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage macro thread

Rift Master

Default Mage macro thread

While mages are not 1 macro-button calling like warriors, there are some useful macros that we can use. I personally dont fully understand how macros work in this game, sometimes they let you cast more than 1 spell, sometimes they dont, but I figured id make a thread where people can share useful mage macros.

Ill start it off with necro / elementalist macro

#show Summon: Shadow Revenant
    cast Exhume
    cast Shadow Revenant

Hit the button twice, first time it activates excuse, second time summons your shadow revenant. Obviously it applies to elementalist as well with fast summon and their pets.

I'd like to see what some mages are doing here. For myself, besides mouseover macros (which are amazing and essential for chloro healing), I can't for the life of me really find any use for them. Mages just do not lend themselves towards heavy macro use.

OP, even your macro is at best a minor convenience.

This game badly needs castsequence macro equivalents. We can't combine spells in the way wars can string their moves together. We're rather at a disadvantage because of that.

Ascendant

There really isn't a combination that is difficult enough to warrant a castsequence macro.

I find myself wanting castsequence macros when I play my 51 pt archon, actually. There's really a redonkulous number of spells to keep track of.

Telaran

I guess this is a good place to ask this.

So I tried a simple macro on my Chloromancer:

cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores

It works fine when I'm targeting mobs but casting to target of target doesn't work. I like to keep tank targeted but with the macro the first use always changes the target to a mob (and I even have smart targeting disabled). Do I need to change my macro somehow or don't they just function with target of target properly?

Rift Disciple

cast Radiate Spores
    cast Ruin
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores

For a chrolo/lock. Great for pvp.

Plane Touched

On my Chloro I use a few macros

Main
    #show Nature's Touch
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores

Bloom
    #show Bloom
    cast @mouseover Bloom

Soulwalker

#show Transmogrify
    cast @focus Transmogrify

With that, if you have a focus set you will automatically cast transmog on your focus. Doesn't even change targets. Great for PVE, if you want to CC a mob and keep healing/DPSing, just /focus it and hit your button every ~30 seconds.

Soulwalker

I may be being a little stupid and n00b like but how does a mouse over macro help a chloro heal better?
    Last edited by Etches; 03-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Soulwalker

I haven't tried it out myself, but I imagine it would help a little if someone needed a boost in health. You can keep your tank or the mob your attacking targeted and still heal that one DPS that didn't get out of the fire in time, instead of needing to target him.

General of Telara

I personally don't like mouse over macros, but it's a matter of taste I guess.

Here's an even better Transmog focus macro (from http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Macro#Fo...Transmogrify):

#show Transmogrify
    focus [alt]
    stopcasting
    cast @focus Transmogrify
    cast Transmogrify

If you hold alt while casting it, it makes your current target the focus target. Cast it again to Transmogrify your focus target. If you have no focus target, it simply Transmogifies your current target without making it your focus.

If you want it to Transmogrify your target at the same time that you set it as your focus, then remove the "stopcasting" command.

If you want to be able to clear focus by casting ctrl+this macro, the just add "clearfocus [ctrl]" before the "stopcasting" command.

Soulwalker

is there a way to keep Ice Shield from the Ele tree up with a macro. I tried but to no success

Easy Peasy Pyro macro.

#show Fireball
    cast Inferno
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

or if you're using Countdown for raids, just put Countdown between Inferno and Flame Bolt.

Don't forget the new /suppressmacrofailures.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by gateway View Post
    is there a way to keep Ice Shield from the Ele tree up with a macro. I tried but to no success
    Well you can make either all of your abilities or your spamming nuke the following:

#show x
    cast Ice Shield
    cast x

So if Ice Shield's CD is up, it'll cast Ice Shield. Otherwise, it will cast x.

Soulwalker

mines pretty basic..one I learnt while playing world of warcraft cause my warlock pet was a *** that attacked everything. In dungeons keep ur pet on passive

/cast <spell name> <---whatever spell that u use to attack a mob and that u want ur pet to attack
    /petattack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast