+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me out? Chloro/Lock/???

Default Help me out? Chloro/Lock/???

I have a Chloromancer/Warlock/Dom build right now. I roleplay, plus in general I want my overall character class to be intensely focused on spells using only life and death.

I was going to use my third soul as a Necromancer, however, in general chat I find out that the Necro pet isn't viable later on unless points are put in. I went Dom, then, but really dislike it. I'm almost level 13 now and can quest another soul, but I don't know which one to go with my life/death build.

First off, I'm not sure how many total talent points I get. I want to heavily spec in Chloromancer with an off-focus on Warlock, also. But then if I go Necro, I won't have much of a pet come level 30...

So I could off-spec Necro instead, but if I do that, will I still have a good end-game pet?

I'm not really sure what to do for my life/death build, and if anyone has any suggestions for me, that'd be awesome!

Thanks so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jojormitar - Bahmi Elementalist/Pyromancer - Faeblight (RP! )

Popular forum! I hate bumping but...

/bump?

Any suggestions would be wonerful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

exe
    Soulwalker

I currently use 16 Chloromancer / 22 Necro / 7 Warlock life/death for soloing and questing.
    It is a very save and efficient build with strong dots. (I started with Chloro/Necro/ 0 Archon to get a free dot and selfbuffs without points invested)
    Your skeletal knight gets synthesis, you get life leech (refreshed by void bolt), 2 more dots, ruin and vile spores with +100% dot damage, 2 emergengy heals if you pull too much, and several other handy abilities (reclaim power for manareg, soul purge, improved entropic veil)

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRwv.xdch.b.0M
    14/2/2
    this is the core of a strong death/life build i used all the way till 50. after u have those alloted points put as much as u can into warlock and the extra in necro, i can solo a rift stage 1-5 with that build, well cant always solo the elite at the end but its a 50/50 shot

Awesome! OK, thanks for the help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prophet of Telara

Hmm. So the basic information that you're really asking is how much Necro do you need in order to have a pet that will go with you through to 50. You need a minimum of 21 points to get to the upgrades, which will allow your pets to go up to level 50.

You get a total of 66 soul points at level 50 - which answers the other question you had.

So... that's the basic information out of the way. Then the questions get more difficult really... because the Necro/Lock/Chloro mix can be balanced in many different ways in order to give different types of game-play for different kinds of content:
    1) How much do you want to be working with and around your pet? Do you want to really just use a tank pet when soloing and pretty much just tell it to attack and then get on with your own casting? Or do you want to be more involved with casting stuff that improves the pets' performance?

2) Are you more a lone wolf pioneer - soloing your way around the world? Or are you a gregarious type who wants to spend a lot of time with groups, completing quests in instances?

3) Are you striving primarily to act for your side in winning the war of Rifts and Invasions?

4) Or are you striving to defeat the other side by killing players of the opposition?

5) Would you like a focus of your casting time to be on healing? More on Offence? More on Support/Debuff?
    Answer some of the questions and we should be able to give some better pointers on which direction to go.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 03-11-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    Hmm. So the basic information that you're really asking is how much Necro do you need in order to have a pet that will go with you through to 50. You need a minimum of 21 points to get to the upgrades, which will allow your pets to go up to level 50.

You get a total of 66 soul points at level 50 - which answers the other question you had.

So... that's the basic information out of the way. Then the questions get more difficult really... because the Necro/Lock/Chloro mix can be balanced in many different ways in order to give different types of game-play for different kinds of content:
    1) How much do you want to be working with and around your pet? Do you want to really just use a tank pet when soloing and pretty much just tell it to attack and then get on with your own casting? Or do you want to be more involved with casting stuff that improves the pets' performance?

I prefer to have my own casting and let the pet tank.

2) Are you more a lone wolf pioneer - soloing your way around the world? Or are you a gregarious type who wants to spend a lot of time with groups, completing quests in instances?

about 60/40 groups/solo

3) Are you striving primarily to act for your side in winning the war of Rifts and Invasions?

Probably.

4) Or are you striving to defeat the other side by killing players of the opposition?

Well, a bit of both, actually. PvP is occasional for me.

5) Would you like a focus of your casting time to be on healing? More on Offence? More on Support/Debuff?

[B]I really like both equally. I like to DPS in rifts so far, and DPS/support in groups with the occasional heal.[/B]

Answer some of the questions and we should be able to give some better pointers on which direction to go.

X
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by HolyHookerJuju; 03-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prophet of Telara

Hmmm then you might want to try out a build something like this one. There are various things you might spec a bit differently based on how your actual playstyle works out... there's a lot of variation available in play-style with this kind of build.

On the one hand, that can be seen as a great benefit - lots of diversity available. On the other hand, you never have enough GCDs available in any given battle to be using all of the spells you have available.... so how your actual game-play develops when using it, may make you want to change some of the choices I've included.

If you want to build a single role with lots of variety and flexibility - but also maybe some stuff you won't use all that often, then this kind of build is good. If you wanted to build a more focussed role... less of a jack of all trades, then there are very different ways to build things. To me, from your answers, it sounded like you wanted to go more the flexible, jack-of-all-trades route.... so that's how I came up with the build. I also had in mind, that it may be better to split things into different Roles... but considered that this may be less attractive from a role-playing perspective, which you said was your focus.

Soooo....

You get enough points to have good pets on the Necro side - with emphasis on passive improvements that don't require you to specifically be maintaining given spells or effects on the mobs... but enough to make them useful. You get a nice spot heal that can contribute to your group support. And you get an extended, improved DoT that will fit in with the 'main' soul playstyle of Lock, which will be primarily focussed on DoTting.

From that 'Main' Lock soul, you get your DoTs, a lot of damage enhancing abilities and primary nuke. The Lock is also the better soul for that mix of DPS and Support with DoTs (which you can radiate out to more than one enemy), and some good AoEs and a decent nuke on the DPS side - plus Endurance buffs, Fear, Snare, Silence, Stun and Damage enhancing debuff on the support side.

Finally, you can add some useful, more passive background healing with Radiant Spores on the Chloro tree - along with another DoT to layer onto the primarily DoT driven Lock playstyle - which will also generate some background AoE healing. Between Radiant Spores and Withering Vines, you'll be casting enough to maintain the 25% Intelligence buff from Natural Awareness too.

The addition of Entropic Veil gives you a great charge based damage enhancing capability - which you don't really get with the other trees. If you use it just before casting all of your DoTs - then it's even better use of charge for DPS than Soul Purge in many ways. Stream of Reclamation offers another level of 'DoT' damage while the others are ticking and can be good damage while enhancing your Radiant Spores a bit. Finally, you get another spot heal - but an instant one this time, which is a useful helper in groups.

All in all, that allows you to have a decent 'command and forget' pet up to the top levels. Your casting time is primarily about your own DPS but has a healthy mix of support stuff in there. You'll have a primarily DoT focussed casting rotation - which can allow you a little more casting time for that support stuff too - if needed. And you get to provide some passive/secondary healing, with a couple of spot heals thrown in, when needed.

That seems to fit the kind of requirements you have. Like I say... there are quite a few things in there that you might choose to spec differently, but I think this one is fairly well tailored to you - though you'll probably make adjustments based on how your actual playstyle develops with it.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 03-11-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Thank you so much!! That looks perfect both for roleplay and my playstyle.

You're a savior!Thanks!

Paws up! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread