+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: elem/dom

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default elem/dom

    Hello... I mostly PvE right now. I was looking through lvling specs and it seems pretty standard to do some sort of combo with necro/lock/chloro. What about elem/dom/?? I have no idea what I would do as a third soul, I suppose chloro for the hell of it. Anyway, I am thinking this spec would net some decent damage and suvivability via elem shield spell and insta-squirrel. Here it is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...kogkAtz.bcihVk. I was kinda fiddle fartin around with it trying to maximize the damage I could get from both trees while still being able to stave off unwanted adds. Constructive criticism welcome, I am after all a noob :P
    Last edited by Baynne; 03-10-2011 at 06:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    nothin? this makes me sad

  3. #3
    Plane Walker GreenStoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    416

    Default

    imo elem past the 2 first lines is just horribly useless, and you'll probably start having issues at some point because elem are the worst at healing their pets... to effectivly heal you tank pet, you're pretty much gunna need necro's soul pruge or chloro's lifegiving veil/life nukes... and when you made it to the point you go there and get the needed tools, you're already damn close to the standard pve spec, so why not go for it, its gunna be much more efficient anyways ;p
    Down the rabbit hole...

  4. #4
    General of Telara Relair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Elementalist pet heal is really nice actually, and doesn't use charge like soul purge and revivify. Soul purge against elite mobs doesnt cut it for healing pet, you have to spam life shift like crazy and hope soul purge stops the bleeding long enough to heal yourself back up so you can spam life shift again. Sometimes I switch from necro to elementalist for a level and its crazy how much faster I can kill stuff with ele/sc/dom setup. It's fun, no reason not to try it out and see if you enjoy it, plus theres a billion necros everywhere, always nice to try something different.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    It is true that healing elem pet doesn't seem to be a priority in the tree, but I have learned to make due with how it is. Squirrel helps to cut down on the danger, and if that fails I can pop ice shield while I cast a new pet. Using this method I have died waaaaay less than I did as a necro/warlock lol. Also right now if I want the new pet at 21 it doesn't leave me a lot of points to spend elsewhere. I will have to mess around with it some more. I have not gotten a character beyond 20 yet cuz I am such a slacker. It's a problem I have in all MMOs lol.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    Elementalist pet heal is really nice actually, and doesn't use charge like soul purge and revivify. Soul purge against elite mobs doesnt cut it for healing pet, you have to spam life shift like crazy and hope soul purge stops the bleeding long enough to heal yourself back up so you can spam life shift again. Sometimes I switch from necro to elementalist for a level and its crazy how much faster I can kill stuff with ele/sc/dom setup. It's fun, no reason not to try it out and see if you enjoy it, plus theres a billion necros everywhere, always nice to try something different.
    you're out-damaging a necro/lock with an elem/sc? WTF?? the necro zealot alone does more damage than an elementalist.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-11-2011 at 08:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    you're out-damaging a necro/lock with an elem/sc? WTF?? the necro zealot alone does more damage than an elementalist.
    This is not true sorry. Ele/sc dps with with full pet talents past level 30 is one of the highest dps builds. wind pet plus air damage talents from sc= ****ing good damage. I have tested both and can conform this for sure. On top of this, ele damage with out pet is higher then necro with out pet. Necro had better pets till 30 but tides change after that.... the funny thing is that most people will never know because everyone on the forums here has said necro is better without any testing at all. Most players have never mad it past level 20 when posting about necro/warlock... Anyway check it out and let me know your results.

  8. #8
    General of Telara Relair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pool842 View Post
    This is not true sorry. Ele/sc dps with with full pet talents past level 30 is one of the highest dps builds. wind pet plus air damage talents from sc= ****ing good damage. I have tested both and can conform this for sure. On top of this, ele damage with out pet is higher then necro with out pet. Necro had better pets till 30 but tides change after that.... the funny thing is that most people will never know because everyone on the forums here has said necro is better without any testing at all. Most players have never mad it past level 20 when posting about necro/warlock... Anyway check it out and let me know your results.
    ^^ This. Lightning strike + all those sc air talents is beastly, and the air elemental really ramps up and starts doing alot of dmg, darn near what the zealot does if you keep up crystalline missiles/ignite on the mob.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Can the air elemental be useful when soloing or is it still better to always use earth pet for tanking? So far I have found earth pet amazing in the threat department, though I have been pulling some lately because the mobs have more hp = me casting more spells.

  10. #10
    Telaran Fenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pool842 View Post
    This is not true sorry. Ele/sc dps with with full pet talents past level 30 is one of the highest dps builds. wind pet plus air damage talents from sc= ****ing good damage. I have tested both and can conform this for sure. On top of this, ele damage with out pet is higher then necro with out pet. Necro had better pets till 30 but tides change after that.... the funny thing is that most people will never know because everyone on the forums here has said necro is better without any testing at all. Most players have never mad it past level 20 when posting about necro/warlock... Anyway check it out and let me know your results.
    Wich spec and rotation are you using? Might try it out. Wish the air pet looked a bit cooler tho
    I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    The air pet's appearance seems to be somewhat intriguing. They seem to be unique looking in Rift.

    I think that the earth pet's look should be redone though. They need to be a little more unique. The Great Earth elemental is a little more unique than the Lesser, but still not enough.

    Does anyone have any screenshots of the fire elementals? Of course when going for a significant mix of two classes one would not be able to get the ability, but it could be fun to sometimes test it.
    Last edited by Dynamic World; 03-12-2011 at 04:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts