+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 50 Archeons - Which of your buffs get overwritten by other classes?

Rift Disciple

Default Level 50 Archeons - Which of your buffs get overwritten by other classes?

So I've noticed at lower levels anyway, a lot of our buffs get over-written by other classes, which makes us pretty much useless. What about at level 50? Are our buffs staying on top? Or do they get over-written by every other class?

For instance, our stat buff increases every stat while other classes only increase 1 or two stats. Yet ours gets over-written if their single stat buff yields a higher value (say +30 where as ours might be +25).

Rift Master

Don't have any specific answers about other class buffs but I can tell you that I popped a potion for +int that was a 30 minute duration on a mage.

Casted my lifeveil and it procced the <10s +25% int buff and poof, potion was gone before I even left town.
    That was a waste huh. Lesson learned, guess you can't use a buff if a proc will remove it even tho the proc is short term.

If you don't have anything that buffs int higher than 25% (which of course is different per toon) it may get removed like that potion did for me. Just a note.
    Last edited by Fernt; 03-09-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Seems to me that Potions being over-written by buffs has to be considered a bug. The whole point of a potion must be that it adds on top of your buffs.

X

Don't really think the Archon buffs are supposed to be out shun by other longer lasting buffs. And as a 36 healing mage, the two buffs I get from my Archon tree stay on as long as I keep them up.

But the potions issue is something I guess they'll have to look into.

Any higher level Archons who can report of their buffs being overwritten?

None of mine have been overwritten, even with Bards/Clerics in the party. Regardless of level, really.

Only overwriting bugs I know of at this point are Endurance philters from Apothecary overwriting other END buffs regardless of level.
    Last edited by Furienify; 03-10-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    Don't have any specific answers about other class buffs but I can tell you that I popped a potion for +int that was a 30 minute duration on a mage.

Casted my lifeveil and it procced the <10s +25% int buff and poof, potion was gone before I even left town.
    That was a waste huh. Lesson learned, guess you can't use a buff if a proc will remove it even tho the proc is short term.

If you don't have anything that buffs int higher than 25% (which of course is different per toon) it may get removed like that potion did for me. Just a note.
    I'm also sure this wasn't intended cut the infant game some slack.

Soulwalker

Armorbuff? Can be overwritten.
    Statsbuff? Can be overwritten.

Several of the buffs are being overwritten by other classes and their buffs. I played 33 Archon in a couple of different setups in Expert Dungeons now and I got really bored to check everytime if someone activated his buff again by accident and thereby blocks my own.

5min duration = pain in the ***.
    Check for other buffs because you are being overwritten = pain in the ***.

For now IŽll switch to Chloro/Lock.
    Stormi - Level 50 Mage (EU - Steampike)

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!"

+ Reply to Thread