+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: Ground of Strength is out of control.

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Cybaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kinshasa
    Posts
    246

    Default Ground of Strength is out of control.

    As of writing this, I've been 50 for over a week, and I'm currently rank 2. Sub 50's need not even read this. You've yet to experience the real game. You probably still think Saboteurs are a problem. (They have buffs coming in on alpha test, as a matter of fact.)

    Level 50 Warfronts currently have one winning strategy, particularly the black garden - stack Pyromancers.

    The team with more Pyromancers wins. It's like clockwork. They take heavily reduced damage, are immune to all forms of CC, and if there is any kind of diminishing return factor on the 30% stun-on-spell-damage, it doesn't show when there are multiple pyromancers all laying down aoes. A Pyromancer with a healer and guard is unkillable. The stun effect with the constant, high damage aoe ticks several Pyromancers can field locks moving groups dead and kills them in a matter of seconds. The fireball firing line guns down anyone without a near-total damage immunity with no chance of escape thanks to the stuns. All it takes is two or three pyromancers calling the same target to win a match. Fireballs hit me for around 1700, non-crit. Cinder bursts can crit for well over 3k, if they're specced for crit damage.

    All this, and they can't be silenced, stunned, or knocked out of their little fortresses.

    This is far worse in The Black Garden than anywhere else. The first team to park their Pyromancers midfield dominates.

    "Crito, I owe a **** to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? "
    SUPREME GRILLMASTER of The Enclave

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster View Post
    As of writing this, I've been 50 for over a week, and I'm currently rank 2. Sub 50's need not even read this. You've yet to experience the real game. You probably still think Saboteurs are a problem. (They have buffs coming in on alpha test, as a matter of fact.)

    Level 50 Warfronts currently have one winning strategy, particularly the black garden - stack Pyromancers.

    The team with more Pyromancers wins. It's like clockwork. They take heavily reduced damage, are immune to all forms of CC, and if there is any kind of diminishing return factor on the 30% stun-on-spell-damage, it doesn't show when there are multiple pyromancers all laying down aoes. A Pyromancer with a healer and guard is unkillable. The stun effect with the constant, high damage aoe ticks several Pyromancers can field locks moving groups dead and kills them in a matter of seconds. The fireball firing line guns down anyone without a near-total damage immunity with no chance of escape thanks to the stuns. All it takes is two or three pyromancers calling the same target to win a match. Fireballs hit me for around 1700, non-crit. Cinder bursts can crit for well over 3k, if they're specced for crit damage.

    All this, and they can't be silenced, stunned, or knocked out of their little fortresses.

    This is far worse in The Black Garden than anywhere else. The first team to park their Pyromancers midfield dominates.
    It is amazing how good this ability is and how nobody seemed to notice it in the tree during the million and a half buff calls for mages or nerf calls for other calings/souls. This+ dominator is pure win in PvP and is a bit of a joke.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Cybaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kinshasa
    Posts
    246

    Default

    And yet you could never tell -any- of this from reading the forums. It's like we're playing a completely different game.

    "Crito, I owe a **** to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? "
    SUPREME GRILLMASTER of The Enclave

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Haha i wondered when someone would start complaining about this. I never dared say anything because the mage community would become OUTRAGED since i dare question any of their abilities. Since apparently a mage hits like a level 30 warrior if i am to beleive what i am hearing...

    Meanwhile we are getting destroyed at 50

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    WOW! so the only way to actually be effective as a mage is to have a healer and a guard!?!

    that is OUT OF CONTROL!


    having 3+ pyromancers focus fire one person and kill them is just ridiculous... it should be at least 10+ pyromancers to take down one person!!!



    sheesh


    in all seriousness though, is there any reason that in order to be effective as a mage in pvp we mages are FORCED to play pyro/dom/archmage?

    mages are still broken levels 1-44 and after that we only have 1 viable soul combination to play in pvp (2 if you count healer spec)

    i sense nerf for GoS incoming... but at least buff up mages other souls
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-07-2011 at 05:36 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    You got rolled by a competent assist train? I wouldn't be posting about that.

  7. #7
    Rift Master nacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Pyro is the only mage soul that has any chance in PvP, and that's only because of that single ability at level 44.
    Sure, take it away, but then let's give mages the ability to not get erased from existence as soon as a warrior or rogue notices him.

    or...

    Take it away and do nothing else to mages. Let's get Warrior and Rogue WF population numbers up to 98% (1.9% clerics)!

    It's just a coincidence that they're the vast, vast majority of warfronts. They're not strong at all, if anything, they need more buffs.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    l2play

    10char

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    You got rolled by a competent assist train? I wouldn't be posting about that.
    You mean 3 people got rolled by that one ability unable to escape. And no it is not always possible to escape in time when you see (if you see) that crap on the ground.

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    LOL You've been 50 for a week? Well that makes you a pro in/on 50 PvP, definitely. And **** it takes 3 pyros a healer and a guard to focus down one opponent? ****... What if that opponent has Dom's reflective presence? **** NOW IT IS GOING TO TAKE 3 warriors!!!

  11. #11
    Champion Carolius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Ahhh, let the mages have their fun for a little while at least before you fix this. They had 49 levels of having to eat the ^%$#-meat sandwich and being every other base class's little &^#$@. They deserve their 15 sec just for putting up with that.

  12. #12
    Champion PandemicUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    ah excellent the whine about pyromancers has finally started!
    RIFT Whitefall server / Pandemik / Mage (Pyromancer) Level 10-50 in warfronts. 300k favour earnt before hitting lvl 50 / Guild Black Company
    First player on Whitefall pvp server to reach 5000 pvp kills (Cutthroat). 25k+ pvp kills now pugged the whole way - single target only.

    WAR Karak Eight Peaks and Karak Norn EU servers / Pandemic / Bright Wizard / Guild Black Company
    DAOC Excalibur EU server / Pandemic / Troll Warrior / Guild Black Company

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    You mean 3 people got rolled by that one ability unable to escape. And no it is not always possible to escape in time when you see (if you see) that crap on the ground.
    Ah yes, it's a special case, I see.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Qlippoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Let's see:
    - riftblades are OP
    - saboteurs are OP
    - pyromancers are OP

    Now we must just find which Cleric soul is OP so that every calling has an OP soul and the QQ "only my calling sucks, everyone else is OP" ends.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander gun fu panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I'm not even 50 yet and I knew this was coming. Just reading the ability stood out to me. Also the 500 base damage instant nuke looks like it just tops off the god mode for high level Pyromancers.
    "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is the exact opposite." - Bertrand Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts