+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I actually had an enemy in a WF /s lol my mage.

Default I actually had an enemy in a WF /s lol my mage.

Playing in a Codex map, during the initial bull rush for the codex, I open with a Backdraft and AoE spam to keep the guardians off the cap. Then I find the healer, in the middle of the fray. Not a second after I target him. "Pyro... really lol?". Fortunately for me, wildfire, countdown running up and inferno happened so I did no need to justify myself in /s.

Anyone else have any eat your words Mr Easymode class moments? (We mages know we are playing in hardmode in Rift. I am the time to put every game I play in nightmare, legendary or whatever the first time I play it, so this is a perfect calling for me.)

i think mage jokes should be starting soon now
    Down the rabbit hole...

Shadowlander

Three mages walk into a bar... and are ganked by a saboteur.

Telaran

A Stormcaller, Champion and Saboteur were forced by a wicked witch to jump over a cliff, but their fairy godmother obtained a magical concession for them - whatever word they spoke before they jumped they would land in.
    'Feathers' said the Champion, and he landed on a soft bed of feathers.
    'Cushions' said the Saboteur and he landed on a pile of nice cushions.
    The Mage ran up to the cliff, tripped over, stubbed his toe, '****!' he said...
    Last edited by shi7an; 03-07-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStoned View Post
    i think mage jokes should be starting soon now
    "My mage is so weak, people always confuse me for a shadow revenant."

"My mage is so weak, I use the "Respawn" button on GCD"

Shadowlander

My mage is so weak I get volume discounts at the healer.

My mage is so weak I NEED a global cool down on my rez.

My mage is so weak all the resurrection technicians know me and my pets by name.

I know where all the respawn points are. Yes I am a mage.

My mage is so weak I am always shocked when the game is in 'color.'

Shadowlander

All the best crafters are mages.

Rift Chaser

I couldn't help but gawk in shock when i saw a mage unload on me and i realized my hp bar wasn't moving.
    The only answer i could come up with was a TITANSTRIKETOTHEFACE.
    Last edited by Freethinker; 03-07-2011 at 07:31 AM.

a void knight attacked me and said lol

then he killed me and said it again
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Please do not offend the sensitive mages on this forum.

You know what happens?

They roll a lock/necro, tab dot spam in wf so they triple the damage of everyone else to improve their feelings of self worth.

We need to address the root of the issue. I suggest we form a support group. I will start,

"My name is Bonegnasher, and I used to be a glass cannon. I gave up the cannon, and while its been hard, I try not to think of those days. Some times I wont even go out, because my friend runs around shooting fiery bolts of death from his massive cleaver, and I feel completely inadequate beside him. I admit, I have used Cinderblast on squirrels fantasizing they were rogues. I know I need help, please help as I am in ruin spending all my plat on cheap wine, drowning my sorrows"
    Last edited by MacTheKnife; 03-07-2011 at 07:51 AM.

I don't get LOL's in warfronts, but I get a lot of attention. (Lock/Chloro)

I have had the experience, however, of targeting some guy with 16 buffs on him, unloading my heavy DPS, and not seeing the HP bar even quiver for a second.

Gee.....maybe I should L2P....ROFL

"Learn to play" is just short for "Learn to play another class", by the way. Just an FYI.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Champion

I had several occasions in open world pvp where an enemy would wave during my pyro cast times, or dance, let me get off a fireball instant cast, fireball, then completely destroy me, tossing me a hug on my corpse.

Not once did the enemy target have the time to lol me in combat, but several times. In fact i think its a growing trend, as people are quite aware of the mages gimped pvp role. You wouldnt know it on the forums, but in game, everyone knows a free kill when they see a mage running around.

I was heavy pyro, warlock for the procs and mana managment, and archmage with the damage soul skill 5/5.
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-07-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Soulwalker

I get laughed in /s all the time on my mage. And then they tell me how bad I am.

I have replied that I just don't have the burst and then just accept that I will never kill a player on my own.

Ascendant

funniest thing I've heard is after I lost a fight, was in scarlet gorge on defiant side fighting a lvl 35 dps cleric on my 32 mage (could have been warr not sure, melee at any rate) fought for a while and was just about to win when a 50 who was watching decides to hit me for 4k with 1 skill. Anyhow as I lay there the poor little cleric was asking *do they have self heal!*, obviously never expected a mage to put up a fight.

Rift Disciple

Took a dirtnap by a riftblade while questing. So I switched to my pvp Necro build. He was at 75% health when I sent my pet in. Which then prompted the response" Really?lol". Got burnt down real fast while silenced. I also was taunted by a sin after he killed me. He knew I couldnt do anything about it.
    After the riftblade comment is when I came on the forum's yesterday saying I think we should be looked at.I'm going to make my mage a PVE character and make a rogue or cleric for PVP.(Hate wars to much to be one).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast