+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/Warlock/Dom - Neural Prod vs. Plague Bolt

Soulwalker

Default Necro/Warlock/Dom - Neural Prod vs. Plague Bolt

Hi, I just started Necro/Warlock/Dom and wonder if invest any points into Plague Bolt talents since Neural Prod is instant cast which makes Plague Bolt pretty much useless. But there's a matter of Deathly Calling. Will it make it worth down the line? What's the mechanics behind this (damagewise)? Anyone did the calculations comparing damage done by pet with DC vs. damage by necro not shooting 2s Plague Bolts?

Shadowlander

Bolts will do more damage but you will get interupted, better to just spam proc and use the instant cast procs for bolts.

Soulwalker

Void Bolt + Grave Rot for stacks

/end

Soulwalker

I have played Necro/Warlock throughout all the Beta phases and currently have one at lvl 35. Not once have I placed Plague Bolt on my action bar/hot keys. For Deathly Calling, it is much more efficient to use Grave Rot in my opinion. As for spamming Neural Prod, that is what I use most of the time as my direct damage spell. I keep Void Bolt on my hot key and only use it if Opportunity procs and I don't need to use a CC.

I actually get more Opportunity procs by spamming 2-3 Neural Prods then I do throwing out my DoTs.

I use the Zealot most of the time (both PvE and always in PvP) and Deathly Calling lowers the cooldown of it's Blood Spike, which most of the time is hitting for 350-450 damage. The main things you want to throw down before your Zealot gets to the target is Looming Demise and Necrosis, which are usually the first two DoTs I throw out, followed by Grave Rot, Essence Link and Dark Touch. From there, it's usually Soul Purge and Neural Prod.

Soulwalker

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread