+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me pick my third soul :D (PvP)

Default Help me pick my third soul :D (PvP)

Scenario 1: so I'm necro/warlock for the pet ( = unlimited mana) and the soul purge. I sort of want to be able to put 31 points in each tree, which would require my third soul to have very few points. In this case, I would do archmage, to get the most out of the least points. It is a PvP soul, after all.

Scenario 2: I could also go dominator for the mana drain and other CC stuff, but to get the most ouf of that tree I would need to only put 20 points in each tree, give or take.

Which shoudl I do and why? Or if neither sounds good, what other suggestions would you give me?

bump '

I look at it this way, why put a few points into a 3rd sole that will slightly buff some abilities in a soul tree you don't really use? Archmage is there for a reason, it's the PvP soul, you either take a damage increase or a crit reduction, it's an easy choice.

Plane Touched

It is my opinion that mana drain at higher levels isnt as valuable as it was at the lower levels, but squirrling someone is always valuable. I'm running a dom/lock/archmage specced for full damage and I can usually top the charts. I find that neural prod is extremely useful especially in Whitefalls where you have to run and gun.

I don't use life leach that much because most of the time I'm either void bolting (to focus fire) or using devouring shadows (to AE). I'm trying to get as many abilities to increase my damage % as possible. The priest lament is very handy as is the 32 pt talent in the lock tree Choke.

This the spec I am currently using.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....eM0AoVVxo.xpt

While you're leveling just grab archon 0 points, 16 in necro, and continue to pump warlock. Archon nets you another dot, and a significant bonus to endurance. (Also, pillaging stone stacks, but those are a pain to keep up in a Warfront since you'll die whenever a warrior decides, hey I'm charging that guy this time)
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

I'm considering rerolling a cleric just because warriors **** all over me no matter which souls I pick and what kind of crowd control/damage/healing spells I try to use.

Step one: Flamespear
    Step two: Repeat step one twice
    Step three: Fiery Burst
    Step four: Repeat steps 1-3 until dead.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RlFT View Post
    I'm considering rerolling a cleric just because warriors **** all over me no matter which souls I pick and what kind of crowd control/damage/healing spells I try to use.

Step one: Flamespear
    Step two: Repeat step one twice
    Step three: Fiery Burst
    Step four: Repeat steps 1-3 until dead.
    Ahhh young bull... Wait till you become the victim of Titan Strike.

+ Reply to Thread