+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [20 Necro] Feedback

Rift Master

Default [20 Necro] Feedback

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zvws.xo.Vxct0z

6 lock
    20 Necro
    0 Domi

Plague Bolt x2 -----> Essence Link ------> Looming Demise -----> Necrosis -----> Dark Touch -----> Grave Rot if AoE -----> Soul Purge

Pull Next

PvP : Essence Link ----> Looming Demise ----> Necrosis ---> Dark Touch ----> Tab & Repeat --->Soul Purge as needed

* Is it worth getting Mana Wrench?
    * Higher tier talents, the good and bad?
    * Neddra's Influence looks really good, any thoughts?

Rift Disciple

Should probably have put the 5 points into Death's Ally, and put points into Void Bolt as it does more damage than Plague Bolt.

Soulwalker

I wouldn't put the points into void bolt, your pets use deathly calling for abilities. The dps difference is significant, and plague strike is the primary builder for calling points. I tried it and the difference at 20 wasn't that significant, but it was closer to 26.

Just my 2c. You might be able to put points into void bolt and use it after dropping 2 points of deathly calling for you pet to max it's damage... but my experience was that everything was dead before I got to the void bolt.

I love mana wrench. I'll post my Necro/Loc/arch builds after work, i've been running 2.
    The Necro/Loc/Arch has survivability hands down. (in order of point priority)
    The Loc/arch/necro/ does much more damage (~40dps), but survivability is limited)

Rift Disciple

Mana wrench is useless if necro is your main soul. With soul purge I just use the hp-mana insta and don't run out of mana with group pulls. With group pulls void bolt is better since I focus on the adds on me, but to burn a target then I think plague bolt is better for deathly calling. A circumstantial thing, but I wouldn't put points in both.

Soulwalker

Plague Bolt is horrible and becomes even more useless than useless when you get Grave Rot.

Baby Jesus says go Void Bolt \o/

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Anasiati View Post
    I wouldn't put the points into void bolt, your pets use deathly calling for abilities. The dps difference is significant, and plague strike is the primary builder for calling points. I tried it and the difference at 20 wasn't that significant, but it was closer to 26.

Just my 2c. You might be able to put points into void bolt and use it after dropping 2 points of deathly calling for you pet to max it's damage... but my experience was that everything was dead before I got to the void bolt.

I love mana wrench. I'll post my Necro/Loc/arch builds after work, i've been running 2.
    The Necro/Loc/Arch has survivability hands down. (in order of point priority)
    The Loc/arch/necro/ does much more damage (~40dps), but survivability is limited)

this poster is correct and the difference in using and not using deathly calling is significant after you get the 21 pt pets

the tank pet will burst for 400+ non crit with his TAUNT at level 33, and crit for over 600

the rogue pet will hit 100x3 every couple of seconds non crit plus a few other abilities that guarantee crit

you also need to keep necrosis and looming demise up and they need to put i a talent that reduces aoe dmg to the pet on boss fights. right now it's the only pet tree without such a talent and it sucks having to resummon them during a huge invasion boss because they will die faster than exhume recharges

however you still shoudlnt put points in improving plague bolt. the priority is 22 in necro for imp pets and fd, then 25 in warlock for always on +20% spell damage. after that do whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Dixa; 03-04-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Soulwalker

idk, i dont seem to use void or plague bolt.

take those 5 points and put them into deaths ally, if you are main necro you want to maximize your pets dmg as much as you can since that is your main source of dps.

2 points into dom for thunderblast too for knockback if you pvp at all

as others said grave rot is your source of deathly calling which is HUGE for your pet later on, love seeing that 100% critting blood spike land from my zealot

Quote Originally Posted by scorpitron View Post
    idk, i dont seem to use void or plague bolt.

take those 5 points and put them into deaths ally, if you are main necro you want to maximize your pets dmg as much as you can since that is your main source of dps.

2 points into dom for thunderblast too for knockback if you pvp at all

as others said grave rot is your source of deathly calling which is HUGE for your pet later on, love seeing that 100% critting blood spike land from my zealot
    This.

And - Neural Prod, learn to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspilli View Post
    This.

Imp void bolts are more dps though neural prod still has it's use just cause it's instant.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspilli View Post
    This.

i actually have it chained with necrosis and dark touch for my 3 instant cast whammy

i like to pvp and stay on the move, so the only thing i use thats not instant cast is soul purge (for obvious reasons), everything else on my necro/lock/dom is instant casting and pet direction.

Ascendant

<sigh> don't listen to fools saying to use plague bolt they want you to use, just get grave rot, it stacks it quicker does more damage and is all around a LOT better, this then leaves you free to use other skills. First thing I did when I made my nec was remove plague bolt from action bar, best decision I ever made

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Klesk14 View Post
    Should probably have put the 5 points into Death's Ally, and put points into Void Bolt as it does more damage than Plague Bolt.
    Plague Bolt does 5% more dmg per stack. But even then I don't bolt at all.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Plague Bolt is horrible and becomes even more useless than useless when you get Grave Rot.

Baby Jesus says go Void Bolt \o/
    I pull with Plague Bolt to get the first x2 stacks up ---> All DoTs and Grave Rot when mobs is on me then Soul Purge = full health and dead mob(s)

Soulwalker

Necrosis > Dark Touch > Grave Rot > Void Bolt/Soul Purge

+ Reply to Thread