+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [VIDEO] How to TOP the RIFT Charts as a Chloromancer / Warlock and win Rares and Epic

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Trust me. Unless you are using a deep Necro soul pairing Necrosis is poop compared to Pyro 0 point, Archon 0 point, Dom 0 point.

Take those points off. Necro is completely useless unless you are going deep into it for good pets and pet buffs. Never 2 point a Necro. Unless you have at least 12 points don't spend anything in necro.
    What are the 0 point builds for the other souls?

I was going to finish necro up to the 3 point necrosis buff

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by s1wg4u View Post
    What are the 0 point builds for the other souls?

I was going to finish necro up to the 3 point necrosis buff
    It's not worth it. Archon 0 point DoT does more damage and buffs you AND debuffs the mob. Pyro instant cast fire nuke is also more damage than maxed out Necrosis. The main damage from Necrosis comes from the crit buff it gives your pet. Not the actual DoT.

What I do is I pull up each 0 point and put the 0 tier skills on the action bars that I will use. Then I freely swap between them stacking archon buffs/damage, poping Dom for CC if needed or popping Pyro for the instant fire nuke.

Necro is a very pet dependent soul. Unless you are going deep you should really not use Necro at all.

pr0tip: You can change a soul out that has no points spent in it while in combat.
    Last edited by XiL; 03-05-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Disciple

It's not worth it. Archon 0 point DoT does more damage and buffs you AND debuffs the mob. Pyro instant cast fire nuke is also more damage than maxed out Necrosis. The main damage from Necrosis comes from the crit buff it gives your pet. Not the actual DoT.

What I do is I pull up each 0 point and put the 0 tier skills on the action bars that I will use. Then I freely swap between them stacking archon buffs/damage, poping Dom for CC if needed or popping Pyro for the instant fire nuke.

Necro is a very pet dependent soul. Unless you are going deep you should really not use Necro at all.

pr0tip: You can change a soul out that has no points spent in it while in combat.
    I see. Thanks for the advice. At the same time however, I think the pet damage + necrosis is going to be more than any other rank 0 point tree. I think it's preference.
    Last edited by s1wg4u; 03-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.

XiL

I see. Thanks for the advice. At the same time however, I think the pet damage + necrosis is going to be more than any other rank 0 point tree. I think it's preference.
    That would also be a mistake. Your starting pet as a Necro is complete garbage. It does nothing for you but distract a mob while you cast your first spell. It will not provide you with more damage than Archon or Pyro 0 point will. Like I said unless you plan on going deep into Necro you will get more from any other 0 point soul.

You should probably stick to asking questions rather than making assumptions. You will be much more effective.
    Last edited by XiL; 03-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Disciple

That would also be a mistake. Your starting pet as a Necro is complete garbage. It does nothing for you but distract a mob while you cast your first spell. It will not provide you with more damage than Archon or Pyro 0 point will. Like I said unless you plan on going deep into Necro you will get more from any other 0 point soul.

You should probably stick to asking questions rather than making assumptions. You will be much more effective.
    It wasn't an assumption, it was a hypothesis. Hence the 'I think...'

Gimme a break. Have you even tried out The starting lock pet past it's 1st or 2nd skill level? A lot of the times the pet kills the mobs before I even have a chance to redot

XiL

It wasn't an assumption, it was a hypothesis. Hence the 'I think...'

Gimme a break. Have you even tried out The starting lock pet past it's 1st or 2nd skill level? A lot of the times the pet kills the mobs before I even have a chance to redot
    I started my main character as Necro bud. I played nothing but Necro in beta. I kinda have a firm grip on how and why its effective. Your job now is to test the knowledge I have shared with you and improve yourself.
    Last edited by XiL; 03-05-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

Alright dude,

I did the math.

Necrosis damage over 8 seconds: 252
    Pet damage over 8 seconds: 131
    Necrosis + pet damage over 8 seconds: 383

Pyromancer Instant Cast w/ 8 second cooldown damage: 131 - 277 if crit.

That's not even close.

The archon damage is 10 less per a tick, but the 400 HP buff is nice. So it's purely situational, and what you want to use it for. Being i'm chloro, more life won't really help me because I can heal a **** ton.

I'll stick w/ the Necrosis and lvl 1 Pet, who by the way hits for 50 - 60 every 1.5 seconds.

XiL

Alright dude,

I did the math.

Necrosis damage over 8 seconds: 252
    Pet damage over 8 seconds: 131
    Necrosis + pet damage over 8 seconds: 383

Pyromancer Instant Cast w/ 8 second cooldown damage: 131 - 277 if crit.

That's not even close.

The archon damage is 10 less per a tick, but the 400 HP buff is nice. So it's purely situational, and what you want to use it for. Being i'm chloro, more life won't really help me because I can heal a **** ton.

I'll stick w/ the Necrosis and lvl 1 Pet, who by the way hits for 50 - 60 every 1.5 seconds.
    You don't understand and never will. Enjoy being wrong.

Soulwalker

I don't know if its normal, but I received an epic stone today at level 15.. War/Nec/Cho

Rifts don't matter, if you do any at higher levels it'll be because you solo'd them.
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Saphelpia View Post
    I don't know if its normal, but I received an epic stone today at level 15.. War/Nec/Cho
    Very nice. I recommend the stone that can proc and 350+ health over 8 sec heal

Rift Disciple

Bump so people will see it.

Rift Disciple

Bump so people will see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3