+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade/BM: The real pet class.

Soulwalker

Default Riftblade/BM: The real pet class.

I played my first mage to level 12 last night. It was not nearly as smooth or as powerful as I had expected from past MMO experiences. Normally, pet classes, like the Necro I played, tend to excel at PvE early on. As you may all know the Necro play style up to 12 can be best described as "uneven" or even "rough". Not having a taunt on the pet, slow casting damage spells, cloth armor, and low HPs makes for some fun when adds occur.

I suspect from what I read the Elementalist is in the same situation. Perhaps a little worse.

So, after hitting 12 on the Necro I rolled up a Riftblade/BM. To be clear, I put 4 points into Riftblade only. OH. MY. GAWD.

Most stuff dies before you even get hit in melee. Plus you have the plate armor, pet, and HPs to take a slap or ten. It was ridiculously powerful. I was giggling like child with a new action figure....

My noob Warrior nukes down mobs from range with Fiery Burst and Flamespear better than my mage!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about the absurdity of that statement and try to comprehend that it isn't even close. The RB/BM is MONSTER compared to a mage. Or at least compared to the Necro or Ele.

Just thought I would share what was an extremely eye opening and sad bit of info IMO.

Soulwalker

Mages aren't as balanced as every other class unfortunetly.

Old news, everyone does everything better than us

troll, and on top of that very much fail
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post

Try it. Riftblade/BM versus Necro or Ele. I did it last night.

nvm ... not even worth posting in
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 03-02-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post

So every time someone disagrees with you they are a troll? Please don't bring this immature mentality into rift or pretty soon it will be as bad as WoW.

The OP is right, at level 12 mages in general are fairly worthless and much weaker than warriors but if you stick with it they do get better

Telaran

Fail troll is failing..

Listen, you can't base anything on 12 levels. That is freaking stupid and you are nuts to come and champion or blast a mmo class on a dozen levels unless that is end game for it.

So stop with the sky is falling chicken little. If the mage is not for you, fine. But stop trolling

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lysico View Post
    Fail troll is failing..

Listen, you can't base anything on 12 levels. That is freaking stupid and you are nuts to come and champion or blast a mmo class on a dozen levels unless that is end game for it.

So stop with the sky is falling chicken little. If the mage is not for you, fine. But stop trolling

I don't understand this attitude. How bad does the class have to be and for how many levels before people, like myself, who love to play spell casters, quit to try something else? Should I play 20 levels of a bad class? How about 30?

The point I am trying to make is that the Riftblade, a warrior, make a MUCH better pet class caster that a Necro and I presume an Ele. I find this conclusion even for 12 levels to be startling and disturbing.

Also, the real point of my post, was to direct player who are unsatisfied with pet mages to something I found ridiculously fun. A Riftblade/BM. I challenge anyone suggest a more powerful, effective, and fun Mage soul combo.

a troll telling the truth. lol

Plane Walker

So the people calling the topic creator a troll... so tell us, why dont you tell him when his example becomes wrong? The level he got to doesnt matter, he provided his opinion and the only thing you can say is he didnt play long enough?

Funny story.. that reminds me of Final Fantasy 13 where many people found it so bad they stoped around 20 hours in.. and people would tell them they could at least have played past the intro ;P

When you dedicate several hours to something and it is sucking, and then try something else that functions much much better, you have good reason to complain when you are paying for the service.

You're all calling him a troll, but the funny thing is - 40 levels later? Not much different!
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Champion

It's not that BM is any good or better than a mages pets, it's that early on RB is strong. If you go to the warrior section you'll be hard pressed to find a thread on BM, let alone one that puts BM in a good light.

Go roll a Sab/ranger and tell us how awesome the piggy is.

Telaran

Lol anyone who played a level 4 RB would be disappointed at how slow other classes kill, I haven't played so over powered at that level. But that is RB not BM, and no one is concerned about what goes on at single digit levels.

Still the RB is nuts no doubt... so why do I play mage as main...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DrRumpy View Post
    I don't understand this attitude. How bad does the class have to be and for how many levels before people, like myself, who love to play spell casters, quit to try something else? Should I play 20 levels of a bad class? How about 30?

The point I am trying to make is that the Riftblade, a warrior, make a MUCH better pet class caster that a Necro and I presume an Ele. I find this conclusion even for 12 levels to be startling and disturbing.

Also, the real point of my post, was to direct player who are unsatisfied with pet mages to something I found ridiculously fun. A Riftblade/BM. I challenge anyone suggest a more powerful, effective, and fun Mage soul combo.
    Some people like the taste of ****.

+ Reply to Thread