+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I can't heal well in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    then there isnt a reason to heal pugs who arent willing to work with the system to stay alive if there was an arena system or organized group que i would agree with you
    I agree that often, healing a PUG just doesn't pay and I'm much more effective taking down targets than trying to heal a bunch of players who can't/won't.

If you PUG, you get what you get and that's that. The solution is to queue as a group, which fortunately for all of us is a feature the game provides.

That's why I find four other players with whom I play each night. Before I got to know these players, I spent time trying to find them and gradually built up a group of players on whom I can rely to effectively do their jobs within the group. Nothing is stopping you, me or anyone else from doing the same thing.

Do I PUG sometimes? Sure. Do I have to? No. I could easily take some time to find other players to fill out a group and queue up with them. Why don't I? Because I choose not to for whatever reason, whether it be time limitations or the fact that I know some of those players will suck balls and I might as well be pugging. Either way, it's a game play choice that I as the player make and when I make that choice, I know what to expect and I'm fine with that.

Default A Good Healer Build for PvP

1. Sentinel (AOE Heals, Damage Redux for your Targets)
    2. Warden (Some attacks, HOTs, Knockbacks for enemy targets)
    3. Purifier (Shield to absorb damage, some attacks)

Depending upon how many points you put into each, that of course is up to you.
    I can't heal all of you, but I will try...

Soulwalker

I wouldnt say sentinel is aoe heals, the only aoe if you have at low level is a castable one and the instant heal if you spec into it, I would say it is great for single target because of the buffs it has

Soulwalker

I don't know what most of you are talking about, Im lvl 23 cleric, main spec sentinal, followed by warden, and then purifier, and its all working very wonderfull (best healing i've done since....Guild wars? where it took careful consideration of what skill to use).

Heres some advice if im doing it right, use your HoTs on targets that are pulling some aggro and take some minor damage, then focus on the ones that are taking some massive damage with your bigger sentinal heals. Too slow? think ahead of time, you see your allies health bar sliding around, guess how long it will be before he gets hit again, the trick i guess is cast before he even takes a hit, you can always just interupt yourself anyways.

Most importantly, DONT forget about your special abilities, ive got one that when used makes my next cast an instant cast spell, its very nice. Another good piece of advice is dont spam off group healing, otherwise you'll find yourself running out of mana far too quickly.

If you folks want i can post my build up later (servers currently down), but as of now all i can say is that cleric healing is actually quite good, and for most of the matches i come in second place for most healed.

Default That too!

Quote Originally Posted by Winesmitch View Post
    I wouldnt say sentinel is aoe heals, the only aoe if you have at low level is a castable one and the instant heal if you spec into it, I would say it is great for single target because of the buffs it has
    it's excellent for the single-target, yup... but once you get around 28+ the AOE heals are awesome, plus the spec to reduce damage for your target of the AOE heal is Primo in PvP. all of that makes a world of difference.
    Last edited by Belatru; 03-01-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    I can't heal all of you, but I will try...

Soulwalker

P.S. i just saw people posting a specific category for each class, mind you its not really the case, just because your sentinal doesn't mean your only good for aoe heals, remember its this categorizing into simple classes that Trion is trying to avoid here, and they did a good job with it. Go further and ignore what people are telling you, the dumbed down summerization of each class will only blind you from what actually is good.

Soulwalker

Im starting to think clerics will never be the best for aoe heals, thats the bards business, I do notice that for pvp sentinel is the best spec

Soulwalker

Not sure if i can agree or disagree with you, or whether or not you can even say that. Remember hitting level 50 can change ALOT in this game, who knoes mabey sentinals will eventually overcome Barbs with AoE heals.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanglish View Post
    I agree that often, healing a PUG just doesn't pay and I'm much more effective taking down targets than trying to heal a bunch of players who can't/won't.

If you PUG, you get what you get and that's that. The solution is to queue as a group, which fortunately for all of us is a feature the game provides.

That's why I find four other players with whom I play each night. Before I got to know these players, I spent time trying to find them and gradually built up a group of players on whom I can rely to effectively do their jobs within the group. Nothing is stopping you, me or anyone else from doing the same thing.

Do I PUG sometimes? Sure. Do I have to? No. I could easily take some time to find other players to fill out a group and queue up with them. Why don't I? Because I choose not to for whatever reason, whether it be time limitations or the fact that I know some of those players will suck balls and I might as well be pugging. Either way, it's a game play choice that I as the player make and when I make that choice, I know what to expect and I'm fine with that.
    yes you can que with a group up to 5 and go in and stomp people who arent organized regardless of having a healer or not because my point was the healing role doesnt contribute as much as a hybrid ccing and dpsing while doing some healing enough for people to pull back and survive or just 5 organized dps who use their cc and lockdowns apropriately due to how easily it is to kill people and yes valor might change that, and no i am not saying going healing in a group is bad its just not so advantagious as it SHOULD be and virtually USELESS in a pug which someone who is grinding prestige6 may do a lot more than they want to since you cant have a raid group like in vanilla wow to grind warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lemon View Post
    P.S. i just saw people posting a specific category for each class, mind you its not really the case, just because your sentinal doesn't mean your only good for aoe heals, remember its this categorizing into simple classes that Trion is trying to avoid here, and they did a good job with it. Go further and ignore what people are telling you, the dumbed down summerization of each class will only blind you from what actually is good.
    Word.

You pick a Cleric then you pick out the utility you feel that you need to fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction View Post
    yes you can que with a group up to 5 and go in and stomp people who arent organized regardless of having a healer or not because my point was the healing role doesnt contribute as much as a hybrid ccing and dpsing while doing some healing enough for people to pull back and survive or just 5 organized dps who use their cc and lockdowns apropriately due to how easily it is to kill people and yes valor might change that, and no i am not saying going healing in a group is bad its just not so advantagious as it SHOULD be and virtually USELESS in a pug which someone who is grinding prestige6 may do a lot more than they want to since you cant have a raid group like in vanilla wow to grind warlord

. . . . . . . . . . .

It looks like you ran out of those, so I thought I'd post a few for you to borrow. In fact, just keep them. I have more if you need them. Actually, here you go just in case.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

These are also handy for when you get excited:

! ! ! ! !

I only gave you five as they shouldn't be used often, but if you need more, let me know.

These are for when you don't know the answer:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

These are also helpful:

, , , , , , , , , ,

Sometimes when I PUG, we do just fine even against organized groups. How? There were other players in the Warfront who were doing their jobs.

Sometimes I also run builds which allow me to heal, CC and also provide decent damage utility.

How would you change the Cleric and the specific souls so that when you are stuck with a PUG you are able to carry them? If you changed the Cleric to make them better specifically when pugging, how would this work when that same Cleric is in an organized group? How would this work exactly?

Soulwalker

I think not taking a healer into an organized group is a crime sure you can do cc and disables but so can the other group! what then? only a healer can save you out of that one.

Also I do want to try aoe healing as a sentinel in higher levels, once I get the warden instant heal combined with the other sentinel heals its going to be amazing

What I'd like to clarify is that when I go pure healer I have no means to attack in a meaningful way. This means I can ONLY heal and shield people (when purifier). If I start to heal well I get focus fired before anyone can possibly stop it.

Out HoTs and AoE heals seem to be fine, albeit sometimes way too mana intensive without a way to replenish effectively.

So it basically boils down to the fact that maybe purifier is just not a good PvP soul

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Demoth View Post
    What I'd like to clarify is that when I go pure healer I have no means to attack in a meaningful way. This means I can ONLY heal and shield people (when purifier). If I start to heal well I get focus fired before anyone can possibly stop it.

Out HoTs and AoE heals seem to be fine, albeit sometimes way too mana intensive without a way to replenish effectively.

So it basically boils down to the fact that maybe purifier is just not a good PvP soul
    I have to agree with everything you said, until you said that Purifier isnt a good PvP soul. True i admit its not something you want to spend alot of points in, but theres numerous things that its usefull for, not to mention you get a cleanse spell, which with all the warlocks out there prevented alot of damage occuring on them, making me waste less mana.

It's hard to heal someone when 3 people are ganking your mate and you get another one on you. If half is melee in your team or ranged and you're the only healer you're screwed. 2 healers it should be brighter since you can support the rest and heal eatch other if needed to. Also we're all testing the game so far, it offers tons of different types of builds so no wonder people are confused.
    Last edited by Oroborous82; 03-01-2011 at 09:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast