+ Reply to Thread

Thread: justicar tank/dps build?

Soulwalker

Default justicar tank/dps build?

oi all,
    like title sais im kinda looking for a justicar tank/dps build.
    i made me a justicar MT build but for questing and rifts a semitank/dps build would seem nice imo.
    so any suggestions and what 2 souls to take with justicar as main soul?

thankies in advance

I like the Druid/Shaman. The pet healing from druid is good, along with the Shield of Oak.

I replaced the Shield of Oak with Glacial Shield from the Shaman tree once i had 6 points spare to put in it.

I like the buffs in Shaman so i will probably continue to spec into it as my 2nd tree.

Soulwalker

so just go justicar attacks, druid 0 point for pet and shaman for buffs?

faq

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...s0egkRR.VIdz0M

May need some adjustments, had in mind a fully sustainable (self heal, self mana regen) PvP build when I spec'd it out.

All the movement debuffs are obviously to prevent kiting in PvP and have little to no use in PvE.

Are shield of oak and glacial shield on the same cooldown? If not (I'm assuming they aren't), macro them to the same button and you'll use whatever is up.
    Last edited by faq; 02-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Soulwalker

thanks for the replies.
    think ill use that build and do lill bit of tweaking.
    like u said snares are not rly needed in pve

greetz

edit: racials can be ignored i guess? 10 int for defiant "magic class" seems not that OP imo or am i mistaken?
    Last edited by Wushan; 02-17-2011 at 12:53 PM.

faq

I would completely ignore racials at this point. There is still a likelihood that they are changed again.

I've always picked races on how I like the animations, honestly. If I can't stand the run or cast animation cause it looks ******ed, that race is out.

I've played the Justicar with complimenting souls of Shaman and Druid. Honestly the pet is probably the best aspect of Druid and I don't spend any points in the tree. I like putting points into the Shaman soul because of the nice buffs and shield you get for only a few points in. If you really like Justicar but want to try a melee/ranged build with it: inquisitor is not so bad. You get some dots you can throw on while you melee with justicar/shaman: justicar/druid.

If you have trouble deciding, try them all out in different roles! : )

Soulwalker

hmm think ill go for druid 0 point once i can unlock the frozen armor thingy from sham. but i might still stay at 10 druid for strenght of the earth and spirit of the hunter. still looking for own tweaks

Soulwalker

shaman build is just for the buffs and passives right?

faq

Yea, for the most part.

I do hit lightning hammer every time its off cool down though. The justicar spam skills return more hp and your ranged abilities do more than mighty blow.

Glacial shield and fated blow are great and should be used. Glory of the Chosen and Ageless Ice also serve their purpose well since Purpose and Ageless Ice don't share a cool down and Glory of the Chosen is a free heal off of the GCD.

Plane Touched

I've got a couple builds on my cleric for tanking and questing. For questing/PVP/etc. I run Shaman/Justicar/Warden. I go a little more heavy in Shaman and only have warden for the ranged instant cast spell and the HoT to compliment the Justicar heals.

For tanking I run Justicar/Shaman/Purifier. This build seems to work pretty well although I need to get a few more levels so I can get the power return skill from the Shaman tree. I tanked Deepstrike Mines earlier today in this build at level 25 and it went really well. You get a ton of self heals from Justicar, cycling the shields from Shaman and Purifier worked really well too. I was able to hold aggro on multiple mobs without a problem and help keep myself alive. All in all, I was really pleased with how that combination worked out.

Telaran

If you really want a dps justicar then you might want to skip the points in shield skills and go 2hand.

+ Reply to Thread