Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: best soul combination with inquisitor?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default best soul combination with inquisitor?

    Hi all! I'm a newbie looking to start open beta on the 15th by starting a cleric. I've already decided that inquisitor is the way forward for me as I dont want to be a total healbot but I'm having difficulty choosing a secondary soul. The amount of soul combinations this game has is quite incredible. From what I understand Warden is more based on HOTS while sentinel is more single target heals. My question is how does either couple with inquisitor in pvp and pve? Is one more favourable or balanced with inquisitor or clearly more powerful ingame? I would like heals but I want some utility as well. Also is having a 'healing' soul as a secondary sufficent enough for you to get picked in pve dungeons with a well balanced group? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by steveyruss; 02-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kocaeli - Turkey
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveyruss View Post
    Hi all! I'm a newbie looking to start open beta on the 15th by starting a cleric. I've already decided that inquisitor is the way forward for me as I dont want to be a total healbot but I'm having difficulty choosing a secondary soul. The amount of soul combinations this game has is quite incredible. From what I understand Warden is more based on HOTS while sentinel is more single target heals. My question is how does either couple with inquisitor in pvp and pve? Is one more favourable with inquisitor or clearly more powerful ingame? I would like heals but I want some utility as well. Thank you in advance.
    pick cabalist and purifier with inquisitor, imo thats the best way to play inquisitor, purifier survivability+cabalist aoes+inq CC/DPS=win
    Last edited by S0rrow; 02-13-2011 at 06:10 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveyruss View Post
    Hi all! I'm a newbie looking to start open beta on the 15th by starting a cleric. I've already decided that inquisitor is the way forward for me as I dont want to be a total healbot but I'm having difficulty choosing a secondary soul. The amount of soul combinations this game has is quite incredible. From what I understand Warden is more based on HOTS while sentinel is more single target heals. My question is how does either couple with inquisitor in pvp and pve? Is one more favourable or balanced with inquisitor or clearly more powerful ingame? I would like heals but I want some utility as well.
    Inquisitor is the best class really. Just don't tell anyone I went with Sentinal for my secondary soul though. Primarily for the crit damage, and got two heals out of it along the way.

    Also is having a 'healing' soul as a secondary sufficent enough for you to get picked in pve dungeons with a well balanced group?
    No. Instance healers need to be fully speced for heals. There was more than one occasion where having off-heals saved the day in the instances I ran though. The nice thing about Rift is you can jut switch to your healer role though if you are main healer.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Thanks for the advice so far but I still have no idea what secondary or tertiary soul i want even after looking at the abilities. Purifier and Sentinel seem closely related to me but the latter seems more powerful in healing while purifier seems to have more sheilds? Hmm. Honestly without experimenting myself ingame I just cannot seperate which would be better without proper testing. Also the Warden soul has a nice knockback on the first tier. Surely this would be quite desirable along with the inquisitor snare? Lastly is cabalist a soul that is obtained from pvp because I do not see it on the soul builders thanks.
    Last edited by steveyruss; 02-13-2011 at 07:33 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Uiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    425

    Default

    There is no 'best' one but I found these to be most effective:

    Inquisitor/Cabalist : key features - damage/spell enhancements and Maelstrom (spell)
    Inquisitor/Cabalist/Sentinel: key features - damage/spell enhancements, self heal and support (resurrection)
    Inquisitor/Cabalist/Purifier : key features - damage/spell enhancement and damage warding
    Inquisitor/Warden: key features - Support healing/dispel

    Of-course with the Inquisitor as the main soul your primary role will be DPS caster Cleric.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    There is no 'best' one but I found these to be most effective:

    Inquisitor/Cabalist : key features - damage/spell enhancements and Maelstrom (spell)
    Inquisitor/Cabalist/Sentinel: key features - damage/spell enhancements, self heal and support (resurrection)
    Inquisitor/Cabalist/Purifier : key features - damage/spell enhancement and damage warding
    Inquisitor/Warden: key features - Support healing/dispel

    Of-course with the Inquisitor as the main soul your primary role will be DPS caster Cleric.
    not what I expected but anyway. If I did a a inquisitor/warden build does Fanatics Faith (surely unmissable?) stack with the wardens Walk In The Light? Would solo leveling be okay with this duo? For groups i imagine it would be pretty effective. Also I expect that I will be devoid of any single target heals with such a setup?
    Last edited by steveyruss; 02-13-2011 at 07:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Dominar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    435

    Default

    I personally think that Cabalist is the best one to go with Inquisitor (and vice versa)

    Really take a look at those two Souls.
    Notice what they offer with regard to an offensive arsenal.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Ligero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Inq/Cab/PvP soul.

    Do that and I think you will find your own way eventually.
    Healer

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Oricular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveyruss View Post
    is cabalist a soul that is obtained from pvp because I do not see it on the soul builders thanks.
    No, it's one of the 8 primary Cleric calling souls. Are you using the ZAM soul builder? It's clearly available there.

    Quote Originally Posted by steveyruss View Post
    If I did a a inquisitor/warden build does Fanatics Faith (surely unmissable?) stack with the wardens Walk In The Light? Would solo leveling be okay with this duo? For groups i imagine it would be pretty effective. Also I expect that I will be devoid of any single target heals with such a setup?
    You are getting warden and sentinel mixed up. Sentinel is the soul with Walk in the Light, and it does have a single target heal early on, and it does stack with inquisitor's Fanatics Faith (though I would rather have Inner focus & Castigation filled out before fanatics faith).... Sentinel's 6 point talent Shards of Light is also a very potent newbie spell for killing mobs.

    I played several different soul builds from 1-10 (testing out leveling).

    My final scorecard will have me starting the game as inquis / sentinel / purifier. Then, when I reach 15-16 or so, I'll buy another role after gathering my other souls, for pure healing instances / rifts, and change my primary leveling spec to inquis / cabalist / purifier.
    The thunder cracks in the distance.
    Alerted, a quick glance to the right ushers forth a fast burning streak of lightning.
    He has come.


  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Inq Sent Templar is the way to go for PvP. Inq/Sent/Warden is the way to go for leving. Nice dmg, 2knock backs, a cleanse, a debuff, possible 3 types of heal 2 sent/1 warden. Could have a nice set up with instant attacks vex,herectic,waterjet, your channeled spells then throw in BOD and fanaticism for the huge crit attack. Cabalist is nice to get some added spell damage but the other spell are more aoe/channeled. Take survivability over an extra 5% dps.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Rivellana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Yeah I have to agree with the camp that found inquisitor/warden/sentinel the way to go.

    You don't need to put much into the warden tree to have a knockback and a nice hot, and you don't need to put anything into sentinel to get the instant cast heal. Inquisitor does a ton of damage just by itself so the healing support trees just make sure you stay alive. And you can down 3-4 mobs at once and never dip below full health or half mana if played right.

    Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

  12. #12
    Telaran Malwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Írebro,Sweden
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Personally i plan to go Inq / warden / sentinel for DPS with sme healing capability and then make a pure healer role aswell of Sentinel / warden.
    I dont think there is a right and a wrong way of doing it tho, the great thing thing about this system is that you can very much adapt it to your playstyle and personal likes.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Thanks guys some of your posts give me more confidence in the inquisitor/sentinel build, I will get building that immediately once open beta starts, caba will be my tertiary soul until I get high. I kind of liked the idea of a warden build and missing out on the knockback isn' good but I'll leave the HOTS to the bards.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple freche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I don't see why people would take cabalist for PvP. All he got is channeled spells and standing still sucks.
    I too have tried Inq./Senti/Warden pure insta cast build, it works really good the first 15 levels. Then I had to swap for BoJ spam with chance of insta BoD cast, I went Inq/Senti/Druid (just for the crappy fairy, but better then nothing) when I changed to BoJ spam.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Rivellana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freche View Post
    I don't see why people would take cabalist for PvP. All he got is channeled spells and standing still sucks.
    I too have tried Inq./Senti/Warden pure insta cast build, it works really good the first 15 levels. Then I had to swap for BoJ spam with chance of insta BoD cast, I went Inq/Senti/Druid (just for the crappy fairy, but better then nothing) when I changed to BoJ spam.
    IDK when I got to 20 that's when I could start taking 3-4 mobs at a time with soul drain, I do believe. Don't really need to BoJ spam with a couple soul drains on multiple mobs. For single mob though...yeah.

    Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts