+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My cleric build (Codenamed: Vigils Light)

Default My cleric build (Codenamed: Vigils Light)

Soooo clerics eh? they're pretty cool in a smashy-smashy healy-healy pew-pew kinda way. lots of ways of doing things and doing them well!

This is myc current cleric Build and it's designed for use through leveling and on to endgame;
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....vEoixtoqz.Vuz

This is a DPS caster build, there are three Damage Over Time spells; Vex, Sanction Heretic and Banish, two life one death, after applying these I go into Bolt of judgment spam and cast Bolt of depravity when life and death concord procs, this also aplies a short DOT due to symbol of corruption.

The points spent in justicar and sentinel mostly allow for some utility;
    sentinel gives a DOT (banish), an instant cast heal, a 2second cast heal and a resurection spell, whilst increasing critical damage/healing by another 20% (with the same talents taken in the inquisitor tree the build gives HARD crits.)

Justicar gives some survivability with increased armour and 100% chance for salvation to heal you for 11%/25% of damage done with your attacks* (note with 2/2 taken in contempt in the inquisitor soul your vex also heals you per tick).
    The use of the cavalier buff means you're able to convert all your caster stats into melee stats for melee combat,with 2 melee strikes also unlocked in the Justicar Tree. The Mein of honour drasticly reduces your chance of over aggroing by effectively halving your aggro and increasing you heals, including salvations selfheal, by 50%.

so what we have is a cleric spellcaster who heals themselves even as they damage the enemy and, an able emergency healer who is a non-too-shabby melee fighter if incapable of keeping range.

I believe I have come up with a pretty tough build here, but I only have my perspective, yours, and your ideas and especially criticisms, are extremely welcome. i'm trying to make a good build here not flatter myself.

*thats 15%/32% with mein of courage up rounding down.

Soulwalker

If you're going to go 10 into Justicar, wouldn't it make sense to free up one more point from Inquisitor so that you can get Reparation? Seems that it would increase your utility even more if it can proc off of spells. If it can't, then nevermind.

Soulwalker

I would suggest to drop justicar alltogether and go with warden instead.
    Warden gives you an instant hot and an instant nuke + more utility.
    Something along the lines of this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....EEkbMxzqz.VVb

You pull with bolt of depravity, fire one bolt of judgement, put up the 3 dots and instant nuke with waterjet until mob is dead. Thats the reason why no points in symbol of corruption and life and death concord. Harsh discipline is useless, its channeled and heals for nothing. Agressive renewal is amazing. With soul drain you can easily farm low level mobs (pull 5-6 soul drain them away, rinse and repeat). Im not sure if fanatics faith is really doing what the zam descriptions says. Bewilder is probably not worth a point. and im not sure about corporal punishment either. Going to test if surging rapids or fluidity is more useful tomorrow.

Atm Im level 28 (0 points in sentinel atm) and pve is easy going. I basically never had to drink so far. Its possible to chain pull for a couple of minutes until you run low on mana, but thats long enough to finish a quest and move to another spot. 1 mob of same level is short work, 2 mobs takes shield/hot, 3 mobs will hurt you and 4 mobs you should start running early. The dps is not amazing, survivability the same, nonetheless its a solid grind spec., sadly a bit boring.

Soulwalker

Default Just trying to figure out what you said

You pull with bolt of depravity, fire one bolt of judgement, put up the 3 dots and instant nuke with waterjet until mob is dead. Thats the reason why no points in symbol of corruption and life and death concord. Harsh discipline is useless, its channeled and heals for nothing. Agressive renewal is amazing. With soul drain you can easily farm low level mobs (pull 5-6 soul drain them away, rinse and repeat). Im not sure if fanatics faith is really doing what the zam descriptions says. Bewilder is probably not worth a point. and im not sure about corporal punishment either. Going to test if surging rapids or fluidity is more useful tomorrow.

Which three dots?

+ Reply to Thread