+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best Passive healing to go with Runeshaper

Telaran

Default best Passive healing to go with Runeshaper

So I am four-boxing Runeshapers. I played around with mages and inquisitors a bit, but overall the Runeshaper with two early hard hitting instants, and a no CD AE channel is fantastic.

I've been using Druid as my secondary soul for a while, and find the Faerie Healers (since ive got four of them) to work really well. They keep my guys healed pretty well, but occasionally the mobs kill them quick. So I introduced Justicar, and tried 12 in Justicar for a method to heal the Faeries passively, so they can keep healing me.

When possible I run through groups of mobs, circle up a bunch, an then drop four AE channels. Works pretty well for AEing and the Faeries healing, but not sure if this the best way to passively heal. I don't want to have to actually cast the heal spells so Faerie healers and Justicar Reparations seemed the best to me.

I thought I'd check with you guys for other suggestions on passive healing methods.

Thanks,
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable View Post
    I don't want to have to actually cast the heal spells so Faerie healers and Justicar Reparations seemed the best to me.
    Once you get past level 30, the Faerie itself becomes more and more useless, so eventually you will need another source of self-heals. Justicar will do for some part of it, but since you might as well skip druid after 30, here's a few alternatives:

Defiler: 0-12 points, up to 3 insta-cast DOTs that also heals while doing damage, plus an absorb shield.

Inquisitor: 11-12 points, talent makes one insta-cast DOT heal for 3% or 6% of health.

And then of course the actual healing souls can work as offsouls too.

Once you get up to 66, the choice of offsouls for most classes becomes completely different due to legendary talent points. For selfheals, a Cleric will go back to Druid, as the Faerie becomes a passive non-pet option that triggers when you are hit in combat. Which happens quite a lot when you're out soloing, for obvious reasons. It will be sort of wasted on the characters that do not get hit, but that's something to think about later. Right now, you don't have that much useful choice from 30-66 for selfheals unless you can survive with the DOT-heals or you pick an actual healing soul. I think the DOTs should be enough, considering that you are running 4x the damage compared to soloing, so selfheals SHOULD NOT be a big problem at all. And when you hit 50 and Planar Attunement opens up, if you place your points correctly (Hint: Death, red crystal), you'll do just fiiiiiiiine without any offsoul selfheals.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Telaran

Ambrodel,
    Thanks very much for the detailed descriptions. Yeah, they aren't doing bad right now. I have a faerie or two drop when I decide to pull a ton of mobs at once.
    But I expect things will get harder and figured I should probably get an experts opinion of my options.

Best,
    Mal

+ Reply to Thread