+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentinel, PvP

Telaran

Default Sentinel, PvP

Hey does anyone have a Sentinel build for PvP? With a few macros to get me started?

I looked around on the forums but the links to specs are either no longer working or else from some old date like 2013, so I wasn't sure if they would still apply.

I've been doing PvP with 61 Purifier (my favorite soul) but just kind of curious to branch out and improve.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alt: Frazzleweed (20-something mage)

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...yFkGGa8/D|TLPM

something like that.
    legendary fairy healer, flame lance, light of redemption, banish, + whatever. I don't find fullness of life or communion to be very good imo, but they haave their uses.

Basically all you do is keep up flame lance, spam crucial invocation+healing breath whenever it procs, and be very liberal with CDs. Use reverent supplication (and legendary healing communion if you take it) to gain back mana. I wouldn't bother using Subtle Invocation at all and only use Healing Invocation to top someone off while you're not in combat or something. Just stick to Crucial Invocation for actually healing.

have

cancelbuff Reverent Supplication

macro'd somewhere. I have it on my bar as its own macro with the big red X symbol.

#show Crucial Invocation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath

You can make the same macro for Subtle/Healing Invocaton, just take out Touch the light for them.

Running and casting with Faith's Reward (64 mastery) will get you a free Cruicial Invocation, so just keep spamming forever.

I have a macro for the buffs (and probably more), but servers still down so I can't get to it.

Come on Sarleaf, you should surely know there are no useful cleric healing specs except for a bugged purifer ability. End of story!
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Thanks so much, Xydru! Saving this.
    I'll start with spamming that macro and experiment as I get more comfortable.

Refuge, lol... Actually, that might fit nicely with the "Bug Hunter" title from last summer fest...

Telaran

Wow, that macro is quite a mana-drain! I see now why you recommended having that other mana ability hotkeyed.

This was somewhat hilarious to try in a warfront because of how noobish I am with the spec....

I mainly stared down at all these new spells on my bars, not really looking up to pay attention to anything in the warfront, only realizing later that I've been spam-healing someone who's already been at full health for a while.

The team is pretty much at full health and I'm smiling to myself, thinking, "wow, I'm doing pretty well!" Then I realize that actually we also have a primalist healer and a mage healer, too.

In a different warfront, someone from the other team came up to take a flag. I'm searching my bars for something besides a heal to throw at them, and that's when I realize that I haven't put any offensive spells on my bars at all.
    >.<

So I have a long way to go, but I'll practice and hopefully get better. Thanks again.

Edit: I'd just like to say how awesome it is that I now have THREE breaking-free abilities!

Also, one of my frustrations with Purifier was that the long stream of fire gives away my position, when I'd really rather just be hiding in the bushes, ninja-healing (although I've been wondering recently if the other team often puts a giant healing symbol over my head). Sentinel seems to be better, and the only "stream" cast is that one purple Soul Stream heal (or maybe I'll stick with Vicar's Bulwark *shrug*)
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-11-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Cleric players are at a hefty disadvantage in warfronts.

Cleric is the only class that has to deal with lengthy cast times that expose you to debilitates.

The majority of buffs that make your sentinel heals excel are easily purged.

Cleric is the only class that has Mana restrictions that have much of an impact on play.

Combine all that with the nerfs that effect every healer and you end up quite handcuffed.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

I wasn't joking Sarleaf, it's actually pointless to bother lol. Your most powerful invocation heals for about 1-2% and costs 1/4 of your mana. Throw it away man. You can do more self healing in inquisitor while actually being useful.

If you want to heal, you may aswell go tank with 21 purifer. You'll do way more healing in that spec simply with the bugged ability, as well as being somewhat tanky to act as a flag defender.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    If you want to heal, you may aswell go tank with 21 purifer. You'll do way more healing in that spec simply with the bugged ability, as well as being somewhat tanky to act as a flag defender.
    Not a bad idea! I'll give it a shot, thanks

I attempted to put together a build that would be purifier, justicar and inquisitor, but it kind of seems like it would just end up being a master of none and jack of sh*t. (isn't everyone in search of that "dream build" that can do it all? haha)

Well you still need druid for that passive heal vs dots, it's not a great spec, but its the only one that actually heals for anything useful.

0/32/44

PTS is looking like it's testing a fix to certain heals though, so when that comes out cleric heals will be much much worse.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    PTS is looking like it's testing a fix to certain heals though, so when that comes out cleric heals will be much much worse.
    Noob question: What is PTS?

The cleric heals... are you talking about my awesome-spectacular-amazing battle rez heal? Are they going to nerf it? Boo.

Story time!

Yesterday, I was in my 61 Purifier spec in a warfront and some enemies were beating up on a team mate.

Like normal, I cast my big battle rez heal buff on the team mate (for those who don't know, it ticks for 6 seconds and during this time, the friendly player is immune to death. At the end, it heals for thousands).

So I cast it on my team mate and then immediately after, someone from the other team cast the rift tomb thing on that team mate.

I watched in absolute horror as the b-rez ticked away, with the team mate still entombed, and then the b-rez went off, and he was of course immune to that heal. Then the rift tomb thing faded and the person promptly died.

That amazing timing could have just been a coincidence... a lucky fluke...

...but what if it wasn't?

Then, wow. O.o I’ve never seen such impeccable and perfect timing. I actually feel admiration and awe. Someone out there is either extremely lucky or else a well-seasoned player who is extremely observant and aware. If it was luck, then you’ll get a /grin. If it was intentional timing, then wow, my hat’s off to you, whoever you are. *bows*

(I considered posting this in the pvp forum, but I’ll just kind of semi-bury it in this post. I have the urge to talk about how amazing this move was, but also maybe I shouldn’t give away too many tips to the opposing players, haha)

Also, side note: I just found out everyone has access to this rift tomb ability? I had no idea. No wonder I was confused about which class had the ability to cast it. I guess I missed it because had filled out the planar attunement stuff long before I ever did any PvP.

Edit: Ok, nevermind about that last paragraph. I think that was just my mage friend.
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-15-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post

Cleric is the only class that has to deal with lengthy cast times that expose you to debilitates.
    I keep trying to trick people into using their interrupts on my Latent Blaze cast, but no one seems to be falling for it.
    >.< lol

+ Reply to Thread