+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What one thing would you change to make cleric dps more competitive?

Soulwalker

Default What one thing would you change to make cleric dps more competitive?

The mage classes forum posted this question, and given cleric is even less competitive I think this would make a great topic for us.

"What ability would you change to make the Cleric dps more competitive? To make it easier, you can only choose one ability."

My Idea:

Punishing strike - Punishing strike - cooldown 8 seconds for 10 seconds adds 20% more damage and healing and an additional 5% dmg if combined effort is known.

basically every dps spec is running punishing strike anyway adding 20% more damage would bring bring them in line with other classes pretty effectively without the need to rework numerous specs.

Fervent Strike
    Range: 35m
    Legendary Version
    "Non druid abilities deal 15% 50% more damage for 300 seconds. Bonus doubled on elemental damage."
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Rift Disciple

mage thread was a bit more specific telling only legendary abilities , se we only have few choice.

For my favorite spec in the entire game :

Fae Mimicry
    Self Buff
    3.5% Mana
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Causes the Cleric's next 5 single target damaging abilities to deal additional Life damage equal to 150% their initial damage. Does not affect damage over time effects or abilities from souls other than Druid. Lasts 15s. Causes your next 2 Cleric abilities to not trigger a cooldown. If cast with a target selected and within 30m, applies 5 stacks of Natural Force to the target in addition to its other effects. If the target have 5 stack of Natural Weakness when used you gain 20m range for all druid abilities lasting 30sec.

Default Support

Might be an unpopular opinion, but updating Battle Fury and Defend the Fallen from Oracle to Archon equivalent Flaring Power and Lava Field would nice (preserving the current protection and CD reset it already has).
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

TBH so many of the cleric souls need a lot of adjusting.

If I were to just mod one ability though I'd leave fervent strike alone.

Glacial Shield is the Legendary I'd modify.

Legendary Glacial Shield
    Cost: 6% of Mana
    Instant-no global cooldowns
    Duration: 30 seconds.

Deals 100% of your spell power back to attackers as ice damage when hit.
    Your elemental damage abilities have a 100% chance to apply this effect to the targeted enemy and all targets within 7 feet up to 7 when dealing damage. Cannot occur more than twice a second.

This would fix most of clerics cleave issues, add enough damage to bring it more in line with other classes, and fervent strike is maintained as is.

It also doesn't add yet another ability clerics need to maintain and monitor with Kalerts.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@VWolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

A priority:

- The german Fervent Strike says 15% / 30% in the tooltip (reality is 10%/ 20%) make it 15/ 30, that would be a nifty buff already.

- Make Radical Coalescence a 1 min cooldown (2 min now) it's 2019 and clerics have the only dps 2 min cd.

- Sanction ticks the Sanction Heretic base damage to nearby enemies when hit by BoR or BoJ
    That way you have a Corpse Explosion- like cleave with a skillbased timing on Sanction Heretic and Life and Death Concord

- Give Leggy Icy Blow one stack with 48% isntead of 2 with 24%, souds like a little but those 2 stacks are a nightmare on your preburst and disconnects. (Harbinger's Rending Slash got changed into one stack aswell)
    ALTERNATIVELY: Give furious Assault the buff as 25% passively and give Icy Blow a 30% bonus for Physical attacks so we finaly get back to the phys-nonphys- rotation.

- Give Life Surge a x% chance to reapply Eruption of Life when ticking.

B priority:

- Give legendary Rune of Smiting a extra hit for every stack of Smiting Force consumed and turn it into a viable Fury blast competitor. (atm legy Rune of Smiting only has more base dmg + 100%crit)

- Make Strike of the Maelstorm apply Frozen Wrath when one target has it. Instead of making the FW target spread it, which has range issues way to often.

- Give Healer's Blessing (Sentinel) a viable shield procc with 3 stacks that increases with Faiths Reward below 50%. Senti is a direct spamhealer like Chanter so the little shielding is crucial and what made it fall out of the business on 2.0

- Make the 15% bonus form Inscribe Fate last 30 seconds.

- Make Faith's Rewardet buff Wrathful Exuberance tick on 3 emenies.

- Make Wrathful Exuberance procc any healing as overhealing with 25% and Sentinel Healing with 75% BUT make any Sentinel Healing (but fullness Of Life) apply damage, not only the direct casts. This may balances well with Healer's Blessing and Faith's Rewardet focusing on shielding.
    Give it a spellpower based max cap/ tick to prevent Oc Pala oneshots.
    There is nothing wrong with a T2 Sentinel doing some damage in pve.

Sentinel doing decent dmg? But it's a healing spec 61 Physican can run HFB and Necrotic torrent with 2mil+ dps.

- Make legendary Crushing blow apply to any damage Ability, not only casts.

- Give Warden 1% damage done/ point spent instead of 0.5% and therefore Tidal Surge a more viable option.

- Make Oversaturation peroperly tick for every ally healed next to the target.

- Give Waterjet a 8 second Cooldown and make it reduce all cooldowns by 1.5 -2 seconds

C priority:

- legendary Rune of Impending Doom:
    Applied to a target it now proccs rune of Travail when hit (1sec igcd).
    This and the RSmultiproccs should bring RS back in line while making Rune of Impending Doom the focus burst instead of Rune of Smiting
    Whenever you think this sounds too strong, look back at Fury Blast, Rapid Fire Shot or Elemental Forces.
    It's a buy to play soul - cmon, make it good!

- Greater Rune of Agony
    old: 12439 damage to up to 8 enemies over 15 seconds
    new: ~4000 damage per second to up to 8 targets over 30 seconds; also applies 12% Runeshaper singletarget-damage to up to 3 enemies effected by the aoe (like Primalist Iffusion, but aoe).

- legendary Seal of Vulnerability also restores 2% mana when dealing damage

cheers
    Last edited by Shas; 05-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    | Hierosolyma@Zaviel | Azuren@Zaviel | Salem@Zaviel | Syenn@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    Fervent Strike
    Legendary Version
    "Non druid abilities deal 15% 50% more damage for 300 seconds. Bonus doubled on elemental damage."
    Changed my mind:

Fervent Strike
    Legendary Version
    "Non druid All abilities deal 15% 50% more damage for 300 seconds. Bonus doubled on elemental damage."
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

- Give Life Surge a x% chance to reapply Eruption of Life when ticking.

I said ONE thing ...

My original thought was make EOL a debuff that lasts 30 sec... reapplying EOL prolly consumes 1/4 of shaman gcds not applying it every 3-4 seconds would be a truckload more icy blow dmg, and a faster cd on massive blow.

I also thought of making defiler dots (except misery) work like frozen wraith that way you could stack them in your spam macro and not have to manage an extra 4-5+ buttons or make bond of pain work like the cabalist ability (can't remember the name) where you can have a 100% chance to apply all known defiler dots (except misery) when casting any defiler dots. An extra 4-5 MA/AA cast per 20 sec would be a pretty hefty defiler dps/hps boost

Soulwalker

Got to agree with Skiye and Shas, all the souls would need a bit of attention instead of just buffing something like Fervent Strike.

For dps souls in generel i would like to see changes that preserv the playstyle of the individual souls.

Masteries:

-Soul Stream should hit harder on itīs own and also hit multiple targets like the warri/rogue equivalent.

-Divine Favor should be changed to the same on-hit ability like rogue/warri have.

Inquisitor:

-Buff st channels to the point they are all worth being channeled even while RC isnīt up.

-Change RCīs cd to 1min.

-For cleave dmg u could add to LRC that 20-30% of the dmg that channels deal is also dealt to up to 3 or even 5 surrounding targets and/or atleast change Circle of Oblivion to an instant ability that lasts 30 secs.
    Soul Drain should be instant and hit up to 8 targets.

Shaman:

-Change legi Furious Assault and Icy Blow so they provide the same dmg buff to physical abilities.

-Let Glacial Strike benefit from the same cd-reduction as Massive Blow.

-Frozen Wrath should additionally provide a 10-15% dmg boost to all shaman non weapon enchantment abilities.

-add something like Grasping the horizon/Phantom Blades to the soul for disconects.

Druid:

-Natural Force stacks should build up on the cleric instead at the target and should be passively generated while out of combat, also they should last longer, like 30 secs or even a min so u wouldnīt suffer at target swaps that much, this also would lower the ramp up time at the beginning of encounters

- Legi Fae Mimicry should provide a passiv 15-20% dmg buff to all life abilities.

-Natureīs Edict should get atleast 20m range / Essence Strike or L Resounding Blow should additionally let u refresh EoL stacks with Tricksters Bolt so u could compensate atleast a bit on longer disconects.
    Last edited by Crysaris; 05-17-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Shadowlander

Punishing Strike shouldn't trigger a global CD. Other classes have a dps option as a 65 mastery without triggering GCD.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    mage thread was a bit more specific telling only legendary abilities , se we only have few choice.

For my favorite spec in the entire game :

Fae Mimicry
    Self Buff
    3.5% Mana
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Causes the Cleric's next 5 single target damaging abilities to deal additional Life damage equal to 150% their initial damage. Does not affect damage over time effects or abilities from souls other than Druid. Lasts 15s. Causes your next 2 Cleric abilities to not trigger a cooldown. If cast with a target selected and within 30m, applies 5 stacks of Natural Force to the target in addition to its other effects. If the target have 5 stack of Natural Weakness when used you gain 20m range for all druid abilities lasting 30sec.
    Never seen anyone say they liked druid in a long time.. especially since almost everyone disliked the changes made to it that I know.. (except when they were OP with drufiler and top dps on those few dummy bosses. Then like 2 people liked it,) The last round of changes actually made it worse...

It has slow 1.5 sec gcd(wouldn't be a problem if they were filled with macro able ogcd abilities for half the rotation to behave like the 1- 4 button smash specs of the other classes), longest build up of any soul I can think of, and has a sacrifice life to gain mana which is amplified by outside sources and can hit for far more than 10% at times. Since you have to spam it you contribute to killing yourself in PvP just like puri and defiler do.. And did they even fix the issue with the way druid hits in PvP? Like its physical attacks missed so much and had some horrible in-flight delay of abilities basically casting your second or third ability before your first hit.. something the other classes had addressed but not cleric. The suggestion just turns it to a range spec which starts off in melee or adds even more GCD to an already horrendous build up from range and although it will make it somewhat more playable it has far more issues with it.

I rather they focus on fixing a range spec like runeshaper or defiler to be greatly viable in ALL content since they are the newest souls of the class and they should be doing great in ALL content not ziltch outside the 0 point legendaries..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-18-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Never seen anyone say they liked druid in a long time.. especially since almost everyone disliked the changes made to it that I know.. (except when they were OP with drufiler and top dps on those few dummy bosses. Then like 2 people liked it,) The last round of changes actually made it worse...

It has slow 1.5 sec gcd(wouldn't be a problem if they were filled with macro able ogcd abilities for half the rotation to behave like the 1- 4 button smash specs of the other classes), longest build up of any soul I can think of, and has a sacrifice life to gain mana which is amplified by outside sources and can hit for far more than 10% at times. Since you have to spam it you contribute to killing yourself in PvP just like puri and defiler do.. And did they even fix the issue with the way druid hits in PvP? Like its physical attacks missed so much and had some horrible in-flight delay of abilities basically casting your second or third ability before your first hit.. something the other classes had addressed but not cleric. The suggestion just turns it to a range spec which starts off in melee or adds even more GCD to an already horrendous build up from range and although it will make it somewhat more playable it has far more issues with it.

I rather they focus on fixing a range spec like runeshaper or defiler to be greatly viable in ALL content since they are the newest souls of the class and they should be doing great in ALL content not ziltch outside the 0 point legendaries..
    The OP didn't tell it was change for PvP.
    I don't care about PvP myself , the change I propose is for PvE , which help the druid with disconnect and a bit more dps.
    Also defiler is viable as hybrid spec with oracle , it's not THAT bad compare to runeshaper which is useless i aggree with you on this.
    The best bet we can have is they will fix all souls , to make them more competitive for PvE and PvP.

Soulwalker

I would recruit a gameplay designer in my team of 2 (CM included).

Telaran

Inquisitor:

Change the mastery blessing of penitence to increase Fervent Strike's range to 35m instead of 20m.

Change radical coalescence cool down to 1 min.

Change bolt of retribution to a buff to bolt of judgement and bolt of depravity. Have the legendary version have a larger buff and also lay down spiritual deficiency when bolt of judgement or bolt of depravity land to reduce build up time. This would also allow the player to move as bolt of retribution is the only skill requiring a level 70 cleric to stand still.

Soulwalker

I agree with radical ....

For BoR though, why not just make BoR instant cast? that way you can stick BoR and BoD on the same key it will cast BoR twice pop BoD ogcd macro sanction and inscribe fate to the same key and reduce the main rotation down to a macro and a dot?

then RC and your channels to another key

would play rotation wise almost exactly the same on 3 buttons, without having to think about timers other than 1 dot and a 1m cd block, and be fully mobile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast