+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What one thing would you change to make cleric dps more competitive?

  1. #16
    Shield of Telara Skiye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    1 minute RC would go a long way to making inquisitor competitive. But i'd prefer a change that would allow more specs to be competitive.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@VWolfsbane

    I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

  2. #17
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    1 minute RC would go a long way to making inquisitor competitive. But i'd prefer a change that would allow more specs to be competitive.
    that was my thought with my original idea, give a mastery that boost nearly specs either through a big burst, or a smaller sustained buff like adding 20% dmg for 20 sec to punishing strike, or for 10 seconds punishing strike adds an additional 20% dmg as ethereal dmg can jump upto 3 additional targets... most cleric specs are critically lacking in cleave this would go a long way towards adding that dynamic dps and sustained dps clerics seem to lack, and as a percentage based boost would infinitely scale

  3. #18
    Shadowlander Dbatzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    1 minute RC would go a long way to making inquisitor competitive.
    In addition to this, making the channeled abilities spread all active DoTs on target to 8 additional enemies would be the most approachable changes the developer(s) can make for Inquisitor, I would hope. This is also in addition to the similar suggestions made by Crysaris and Shas for Inquisitor.
    Last edited by Dbatzz; 06-12-2019 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Grammar
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

    Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    It's only my opinion , but a spec with free cleave without loosing any ST dps shouldn't be on the game. Either do cleave or ST dps but not both or with at max 75% of the ST dps of a pure ST spec.
    Mage and firestorm everywhere , same for rogue and HFB, it's a bad design for a class.

  5. #20
    Shadowlander Dbatzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    It's only my opinion , but a spec with free cleave without loosing any ST dps shouldn't be on the game. Either do cleave or ST dps but not both or with at max 75% of the ST dps of a pure ST spec.
    Mage and firestorm everywhere , same for rogue and HFB, it's a bad design for a class.
    Even with warriors Fork for Stonespear and Rift Spear, big free cleave. But at that point, its a question of reducing other classes power or buffing one classes power right?
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

    Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    Even with warriors Fork for Stonespear and Rift Spear, big free cleave. But at that point, its a question of reducing other classes power or buffing one classes power right?
    It depends on class , but some need to get less power others more power , to balance everything ,it's not the easiest thing to do. But i agree, on that point it's a question of reducing or buffing classes power.

    For me , it's one of the top priority to do for gamigo , a new class balance to put everyone on the same dps if possible. There will always be 1 or 2 class a bit higher, but if us player can help them doing it , it will be easier for them and be maybe more equal among all class and specs.

  7. #22
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    It depends on class , but some need to get less power others more power , to balance everything ,it's not the easiest thing to do. But i agree, on that point it's a question of reducing or buffing classes power.

    For me , it's one of the top priority to do for gamigo , a new class balance to put everyone on the same dps if possible. There will always be 1 or 2 class a bit higher, but if us player can help them doing it , it will be easier for them and be maybe more equal among all class and specs.
    at this point i think true balance is impossible what makes this game so fun is how open the specs and abilities are the real issue is each class not having a true niche, and by not every class i mean cleric I love my cleric, i play my cleric it is my main, but it is completely obvious it is behind in every role even the ones it is amazing at.

    primalist tanks are pulling 550k aoe healing while main tanking, warriors are doing 1m st dps while OT'ing rogue and mage are doing similar in healing or dps in OT roles. My bos group has a 3rd alt sh*t geared mage pulling 700k effective healing on a 1 button spec. Yes my cleric can perform all these roles healing, tank, dps but not 2 of them at the same time and not the better part of a 1m effective healing period, I can't do 4m+ sustained aoe dps like a rogue. All of these are examples of classes creating must have niches.

    In pvp it is worse with primalist healers doing 2-3 times the healing of other classes, and warriors skipping around 2-shotting everything while their pocket healer follows them around making them immune to death, and killing anything that dares go for their healer again creating a niche.

    can anyone name one clearly superior to all else role a cleric performs? And I don't mean our support buffs are slightly better than rogue, Bara just solo tanked az and it still would have been a net gain for a primalist and a mage swap tanking with 8 non cleric dpsers while the tanks healed and provided buffs far bigger than the party buffs that a cleric can.

    To make the classes equal you would have to make them all largely carbon copies, they need to remove roles or at least hybridization from classes to encourage better class dynamics.

    There needs to be a built in reason to want to bring 2-3 of every class and that doesn't exist because every raid could run 10 of the same class and complete any content, coupled with the fact the classes are not balanced and you end up with winners and losers.

    I am not joining the no one should play cleric bandwagon i happen to enjoy playing cleric, but if we were being honest about where it stands why would anyone else want to bring us? we need 2-3 of the following roles

    a 1.7m st melee dps spec
    a 1.5m st ranged dps spec
    a 700k hps raid heal spec
    a 4m dps aoe spec
    a tank spec that can solo raid heal
    a tank spec that can pull 1m st dps
    a tank spec that buffs like a chon

    just to get back on equal footing with the other classes

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    i agree with you , that's why i said they should let player help them with class balance.

    Also our cleric is running a tank spec that do 250 to 300k hps as 2nd healer, 450k dps , bringing the support buff from oracel as well as the 5% cost reduce for rogues dds and the 5% magical debuff from defiler , no other class can do all those specific buff in the same spec. Same for Bara spec , only mage can do 2 tank at once with the necro pet (maybe rogue with ranger ? or cleric with druid ?) , that's some new things that work , we saw the vids , and it's cool to play differently here and there.

    To come back on the main topic here , one thing i could see to make cleric dps more competitive is to change Legendary Rune of Impending Doom to :

    Damage
    7.5% Mana
    Instant
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Deals XXX to XXX Fire damage after 8s. Leave a dot that deal 75% of the damage dealt by Rune of Impending Doom on the target for 12s. Each tick have a chance (25% ?) to reduced the cast time of your next Rune of Smithing by 3.5sec and make it not consume stacks of Smithing force. Rune of Impending Doom deals 60% additional damage for each Runestrike or Rune of Castigation that hits the target while Rune of Impending Doom is active. Rune of Impending Doom deals its damage early if cleansed. Any damage you deal while Rune of Impending Doom is on the target causes you to gain a stack of Smiting Force. Applies Runelord's Inscription to you on cast.

    I kinda like the playstyle of Runeshaper , it's not the easiest spec but not the more complicated one either. Could be cool to play it again while doing decent dps.

  9. #24
    Shield of Telara Skiye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    i agree with you , that's why i said they should let player help them with class balance.

    Also our cleric is running a tank spec that do 250 to 300k hps as 2nd healer, 450k dps , bringing the support buff from oracel as well as the 5% cost reduce for rogues dds and the 5% magical debuff from defiler , no other class can do all those specific buff in the same spec. Same for Bara spec , only mage can do 2 tank at once with the necro pet (maybe rogue with ranger ? or cleric with druid ?) , that's some new things that work , we saw the vids , and it's cool to play differently here and there.

    To come back on the main topic here , one thing i could see to make cleric dps more competitive is to change Legendary Rune of Impending Doom to :

    Damage
    7.5% Mana
    Instant
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Deals XXX to XXX Fire damage after 8s. Leave a dot that deal 75% of the damage dealt by Rune of Impending Doom on the target for 12s. Each tick have a chance (25% ?) to reduced the cast time of your next Rune of Smithing by 3.5sec and make it not consume stacks of Smithing force. Rune of Impending Doom deals 60% additional damage for each Runestrike or Rune of Castigation that hits the target while Rune of Impending Doom is active. Rune of Impending Doom deals its damage early if cleansed. Any damage you deal while Rune of Impending Doom is on the target causes you to gain a stack of Smiting Force. Applies Runelord's Inscription to you on cast.

    I kinda like the playstyle of Runeshaper , it's not the easiest spec but not the more complicated one either. Could be cool to play it again while doing decent dps.
    We tried the pig pet last monday, but unfortunately it can't grab agro off a tank unfortunately. Even with divert rage. I also did some initial checking on the druid tank pet. I envisioned using my Druidicar 2.0 spec, see my tank guide for details, with the tank pet with the hopes i could get a 900k+ dps solo tank spec for Azranel.

    I speced out the pet's damage and put points into the full GCD reduction talents to make it as effective as possible. Despite having 2 taunts it doesn't hold agro well at all. Every hammer of duty ripped threat right back onto me.

    The pet's HP is also pretty low, 350k range, unless you're wearing full tank gear. (Which pushes it into the 400k range) I think druid pets simply didn't get any scaling adjustments once SFP hit. They all fall well short of other pet souls as far as effectiveness. Plus petcast macros still don't work with druid pets...it's been years now...


    a 1.7m st melee dps spec
    a 1.5m st ranged dps spec
    a 700k hps raid heal spec
    a 4m dps aoe spec
    a tank spec that can solo raid heal
    a tank spec that can pull 1m st dps
    a tank spec that buffs like a chon
    1. Only rogues and primalists can reach this.
    2. Mages share this issue too
    3. This level of HPS is pretty much limited to chloros. TBH anything above 400k, which clerics can do is overkill.
    4. Clerics have 2 options, justicar dps hybrid or Shaman. Never seen a typhoon or stormcaller reach this but AoE specific builds are mostly useless anyway.
    5. Cleric tanks do have options here. Some with support buffs too.
    6. Already pulled off 900k. Cleric options are way more tankey here too. I'm hesitant to call a Bofo tank an actual tank. It's pretty much just a dps with a taunt. Threat is very iffy.
    7. Only chons can buff like a chon, but for oracle/bard defensive buffs clerics have lots of options here.

    That said I feel like with the complexity of play and poor target switching, Defiler, Inquisitor, Druid, and Runeshaper should do a hell of a lot more dps than they currently do. Cabalist also feels like the designer had some cool ideas but then had a brain fart and never finished whatever they had planned.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-13-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@VWolfsbane

    I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    We tried the pig pet last monday, but unfortunately it can't grab agro off a tank unfortunately. Even with divert rage. I also did some initial checking on the druid tank pet. I envisioned using my Druidicar 2.0 spec, see my tank guide for details, with the tank pet with the hopes i could get a 900k+ dps solo tank spec for Azranel.

    I speced out the pet's damage and put points into the full GCD reduction talents to make it as effective as possible. Despite having 2 taunts it doesn't hold agro well at all. Every hammer of duty ripped threat right back onto me.

    The pet's HP is also pretty low, 350k range, unless you're wearing full tank gear. (Which pushes it into the 400k range) I think druid pets simply didn't get any scaling adjustments once SFP hit. They all fall well short of other pet souls as far as effectiveness. Plus petcast macros still don't work with druid pets...it's been years now...




    1. Only rogues and primalists can reach this.
    2. Mages share this issue too
    3. This level of HPS is pretty much limited to chloros. TBH anything above 400k, which clerics can do is overkill.
    4. Clerics have 2 options, justicar dps hybrid or Shaman. Never seen a typhoon or stormcaller reach this but AoE specific builds are mostly useless anyway.
    5. Cleric tanks do have options here. Some with support buffs too.
    6. Already pulled off 900k. Cleric options are way more tankey here too. I'm hesitant to call a Bofo tank an actual tank. It's pretty much just a dps with a taunt. Threat is very iffy.
    7. Only chons can buff like a chon, but for oracle/bard defensive buffs clerics have lots of options here.
    Ah so sad for the druid and ranger pet , they aren't like necro one with 600k hp ... I guess necro is better for pet tanking then :/

    1. rogue is also 20m range with this spec , so it's more a mid range spec than a full melee. Prima is 100% melee with it i agree.
    2. I'm 99% sure we can see a mage doing 1.5m range dps with 58ele spec. I already saw some of the good mage on EU puling 1.7m dps on a 3 min fight on irotp , should hit 1.5 on azranel i think with better gear.
    3. Prima can do it too without too much effort , chloro is way higher than that of course and warrior can easily pull this too , but for some "normal" raid with 2 real tank , 400k is what you only need with 2 player than can heal ( 1 healer and 1 bard/oracle)
    4. typhoon can hold more than 4m i think with the real rotation and not a 1 button typhoon like i prefer playing for BOS trash. Berserker as prima can hit this too i tihnk , never bother with it. Cleric have as you said justiciar or shaman for this kind of aoe dps.
    5. As i said , the oracel/defiler/justiciar tank is really nice for raid healing and support buff and i tihnk only chloro tank can solo raid heal bosses.
    6. As skiye said , 900k is doable , maybe even more. Prima warrior and rogue are higher than that , but you don't really need this kind of dps for a tank currently. I prefer a tank that survive against one that can get one shot on a mistake.
    7. Same as skiye , only chon can do chon stuff so cleric won't be able to do the same.

  11. #26
    Telaran Ikamuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    Changed my mind:

    Fervent Strike
    Range: 35m
    Legendary Version
    "Non druid All abilities deal 15% 50% more damage for 300 seconds. Bonus doubled on elemental damage."
    This one only changes the range, bonus damage, and duration values so it should be ez pz to change.

    For example
    An inquisitor that does 1.2m DPS with the current fervent strike will prolly do about 1m DPS without it.
    So with my proposed change the DPS should boost from 1m to about 2m. This should be acceptable since inquisitor is virtually a no-cleave "turret" spec that has so many buttons to push to play effectively (unlike other 2 or 3 button DPS specs from other classes that do more with comparable equipment lel)
    Last edited by Ikamuni; 06-16-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

    Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts