+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Two new build ideas

Default Two new build ideas

I'm not posting Kalerts/Macros or full guides either of these yet. This is more for feedback and Ideas on how to further improve these builds before formally writing these up for general use.

First is a warden variant I've used a bit and had great success in Raid rifts and used it for the first time in BoS last Monday.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...lamN0/r8Y|_JP0

Legendaries: Bolt of Light, Banish, Waterjet, Healing Flood, Salvation

The good is You get two AoE cleanses, A single target cleanse, and a brez.

The bad is the 1.5 second GCD.

This works as a similar concept to Shas's Overclocked Liberator. You cast and maintain all your warden HoT's and cast all heals on yourself. This allows Shared Excess buff (on yourself) to spread overhealing received. For top-offs you'll use Healing Breath and Overflowing Renewal.

For heavy raid damage you have Pool of Restoration and Healing effusion. (Although Geyser should be good enough.)

Every heal and Geyser cast will proc Marked By the Light.

Your Geyser spam will proc Salvation.

Overflowing Renewal on self will give an extra HoT to spread on yourself and any self overheal will get extra run with Shared Excess and it's native overflow going to other players.

Healing Breath already hits other targets for 60% of the heal value, will proc Healer's Blessing, as well as leaving the Banish HoT. Behind on yourself for yet another HoT to spread.

The HPS is pretty good, considering Defihealer is the only other heal spec with high HPS numbers currently.

Here's a PT parse where I screwed up several times. I died once by a triple lightening spawn right on top of me as I ran a missile storm, which put me very behind having to re-establish all the HoT's as well as spend time getting my eternal weapon buff back due to low mana.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

With a good tactbard player healing with me I was averaging 460K HPS before I died. I think this build can do even better.

The other build I was thinking of was a Heal Tank Hybrid.

This tank variant I've yet to actually try at all.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...cEg/rt44a|PJ_0

Legendaries: Healing Flood, Rage Extraction, Miserly Affliction, Salvation, Even Justice

I'd first attempt to play this like Defihealer while maintaining Healing flood.

If I was feeling like a real masochist I'd consider going higher in warden for a point in Dangers of the Deep and try to maintain self HoT's (like the previous concept) as well as all the defiler HoT's for an even greater heal spread.

The good thing is all the defiler DoT's are in fact healing self heals, which should get some good overheal spread going in addition to Salvation and Healing Flood.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-27-2019 at 04:37 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    What do you guys think?
    This is some advanced bullsit :O

To the sentinel- warden hybrid. There was someone trying it after your post and the hps was . below dodgy. Might need a more advanced how-to :P

Shared xcess drasticly benefits from RB's / Tanks with chanter having a eternal boosted Stand Tall! on the target from shared Excess. Not for the healing but for the eternal bonus.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    This is some advanced bullsit :O

To the sentinel- warden hybrid. There was someone trying it after your post and the hps was . below dodgy. Might need a more advanced how-to :P
    Hah. Ok here's a better breakdown of the Sent/Warden.

Buffs: Marked By the Light, Healer's Blessing, Shared Excess

Macro all your HoT's and single target heals to cast @self. Have them up before combat starts. 3X Healing Flood, 4x Soothing Stream, Healing Spray

Keep up Bolt of Light

Your spam Button would be ..

#show geyser
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Divine Favor
    cast Ripple
    cast Geyser
    cast Pool of Restoration
    cast Healing Effusion

The last two are for when you're facing away from your target.

Top off macro

#show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast healing breath
    cast overflowing renewal

Group Heal Macro

#show Pool of Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast pool of restoration
    cast healing effusion

Maintain 100% HoT uptime on yourself. Spam your spam button. Keep up Bolt of Light.

Every Geyser cast will do 3 healing effects.
    Every ST Heal will do 3 healing effects (Direct ST heals doing 4)
    All will create overhealing on yourself that will spread though Shared Excess.

If you start to approach 50% mana use Open Water and hit your group heal button to refill. Cancel Open Water asap...do not leave it running.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-27-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

Do Eruption (40 puri) and shared excess stack up? Theoretically you can run both

Best you are suing a Tank or Riftblade to share your healing from. Both have a hige bonus in taken healing while even inexperienced Rb's running Steadfast Soul (which is gud)

Talking 40 pts: maybe Wrathful Exuberance (sentinel) and shared excess are fun. Exuberance was heavily underpoerforming last time i tried tho.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-27-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Do Eruption (40 puri) and shared excess stack up? Theoretically you can run both

Best you are suing a Tank or Riftblade to share your healing from. Both have a hige bonus in taken healing while even inexperienced Rb's running Steadfast Soul (which is gud)

Talking 40 pts: maybe Wrathful Exuberance (sentinel) and shared excess are fun. Exuberance was heavily underpoerforming last time i tried tho.
    Exuberance got a nerf a while back.

Both the pur and the warden overheal buffs stack. The puri one can only be placed on other players. I've tried a build in an IROTP a while back and it sort of worked. Not enough synergy between trees to make anything that would wow anyone though. And both battle rezes unfortunately share a cooldown.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-27-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Strongly suggest running any 'overhealing' related spec with a oc pala since it makes blue bards pull 2 mil overheal :P

How are you not considering cleanse duty on that fight? If your bard/tact is on cleanse duty I am positive they are not maximizing healing output. Not saying that you were not but when we have a legit 61 warden on that fight and an okay tact/bard doing the cleanse duty even the warden can look great. It does suck for cleric when they are placed in cleanse duty but if you have chloro dps spec then it is the most beneficial to have the wardocle or bard/tact on cleanse duty. Wardocle with overflowing renewal upkeep.. You can make it instant or near instant every 3-4 abilities is really good to increase overhealing numbers as well but not many people use it efficiently. Hint: It should be higher in a parse not one of the lowest ability.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-27-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    How are you not considering cleanse duty on that fight? If your bard/tact is on cleanse duty I am positive they are not maximizing healing output. Not saying that you were not but when we have a legit 61 warden on that fight and an okay tact/bard doing the cleanse duty even the warden can look great. It does suck for cleric when they are placed in cleanse duty but if you have chloro dps spec then it is the most beneficial to have the wardocle or bard/tact on cleanse duty. Wardocle with overflowing renewal upkeep.. You can make it instant or near instant every 3-4 abilities is really good to increase overhealing numbers as well but not many people use it efficiently. Hint: It should be higher in a parse not one of the lowest ability.
    This spec has 2 aoe and single target cleanses available. The first being a reduced GCD AoE one from sentinel, as well as a reduced GCD ST cleanse. That's why there's a point in Merciful Appeal.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-27-2019 at 04:23 PM.

This spec has 2 aoe and single target cleanses available. The first being a reduced GCD AoE one from sentinel, as well as a reduced GCD ST cleanse. That's why there's a point in Merciful Appeal.
    Yes, it has cleanses but were you the one using them or the tact/bard? This spec is supposedly better than a full warden but even warden can beat a tact/bard in healing if the tact/bard is designated cleanser by about the same amount. That is what I am asking because whoever gets stuck in cleanse duty, especially if it is a cleric will usually have very easy to beat register healing numbers.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-27-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Yes, it has cleanses but were you the one using them or the tact/bard? This spec is supposedly better than a full warden but even warden can beat a tact/bard in healing if the tact/bard is designated cleanser by about the same amount. That is what I am asking because whoever gets stuck in cleanse duty, especially if it is a cleric will usually have very easy to beat register healing numbers.
    Oh we both were. My guild never has bothered with assignments for that. Wasteful yes but meh. Beats missing one while the other healer is distracted by missile storm or something. But my numbers reflect doing the cleansing. You'll see Empowering Light there on the heal breakdown.

I also never boasted about this being better than anything else.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-27-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Rift Master

It looks good in just testing it. Haven't in raids. Maybe I would put a point into Reef Barrier. It sucks to be 1.5 sec. GCD but that isn't too bad since your proccing so many heals in a row per GCD.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-27-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Oh we both were. My guild never has bothered with assignments for that. Wasteful yes but meh. Beats missing one while the other healer is distracted by missile storm or something. But my numbers reflect doing the cleansing. You'll see Empowering Light there on the heal breakdown.

I'm just wondering if it is really better than 61 warden ... it looks like it may be.

It addresses the same problems which the lgLib works into- healing gaps.

For example: If a liberator has extraordinary care on a high active healing spot. It pulls impressive overheals and means that you use it and its shield frequenlty. also it means that a hot ticking once every 3seconds (!!) does the healing heavylifting. this is a rip on alot of bosses hwen handeled wrong. When overclocking shared excess Skiye can cleanse while the passives heal on people running for missiles or standing in tarjula fire without worrying too much syncing his gcd's to the damage, as a chloro/ defiler might has to.

The old 65 warden was able to ustilise the 65 Divine favour- which worked like what the primalist can still use, proccing op st heals on 3 targets of which one can also be buffed with shared excess. Brutal fun to play. BEst time ever. solo 20 mans like inquisitor, murdantix. Great time. Every Geysir procced Bonsun's Blessing, Geysir healing + Divine Favor and therefore Shared excess.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nbenannt55.JPG
    Not much whats left form 65. Hope this gives an idea of how present and potent shared excess used to be

Healing communion legendary can be used to regain mana which will free up points in warden and you will not have to manage your mana as frequently. You have to manage your faith reward stacks though.

Healing communion legendary can be used to regain mana which will free up points in warden and you will not have to manage your mana as frequently. You have to manage your faith reward stacks though.
    That's a good thought that I was considering a bit as well. I wish there was a way to get 3 legendaries in sentinel to add Banish and Communion in as well while keeping Bolt of Light. That would add an extra group HoT to the party.

I'm thinking that probably the most efficient build would be what I laid out, while removing the point from Pool of Restoration and adding it into Justicar for a 5th salvation recipient.

I'll see about trying this again in the near future and see how it does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast