+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Two new build ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    It just depends on what type of person you are. Some people as yourself may just care to clear content and play casually every week. Others are more competitive.
    Shas was part of the group that just successfully downed Azranel in under 3 minutes...
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-03-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

time to shine

Skiyes ideas and numbers worked great into the theorycrafting. I wish there were more groups around comming up with new stuff and getting somewhat of a 'raiding scene' going. Feel free to form a bis grp on Na and challange it. Still alot to improve.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Shas was part of the group that just successfully downed Azranel in under 3 minutes...
    You misinterpret. What I am saying is obviously the game was built with being competitive in mind. And obviously Shas raids with competitive people BUT telling others who chose best in slot or want a more balanced game for raid that THEY shouldn't care about the very things Shas and their group care about is kind of being hypocritical. Yes, if you are cleric you have a right to complain about the poor state for a very long time (as a competitive player.) It makes a lot of sense to me this was one of the biggest reasons they fell because of the amount of cleric getting replaced. I bought it up but I was shunned. Then I see most guild bringing 1 cleric to boost other damage. Maybe next time they just put ora/cab/justicar and it can be good enough heals for that fight with a chloro tank by the way.. Just try it and see. Or you can try Cab/defiler/justicar for tanking. And use the sigil debuff instead.. who knows. It is a whole lot of nonsense. Cleric have lots of builds but in the end we already know like sha shows they are not the most wanted in raids from a competitive purpose well not much classes are. It is basically one of every other except 2 mage and rest primalist/rogue. Maybe you just need only 0 justicar with chloro tank..

"I dream of living in a tropical paradise
    Cooling myself, drinking exotic teas with lemon and ice
    Surrounded by green foliage and pineapple palm trees
    The air is fresh and smells like a coconut breeze
    Hot summer days and deep blue ocean beaches
    Savoring colorful cocktails with mangos, limes, and peaches
    I would take off my sandals and allow the sand to sink between my toes
    Feeling the seas salty waves wash upon my feet, my spirit grows
    Island honeybees playfully dance around hibiscus flowers
    Tropical fish bathe to the sound of citrus showers
    My body becomes golden by the smiling orange mango sun
    as I collect necklace seashells along the shore until I’m done.
    Tap, tap… on my shoulder
    I suddenly feel colder
    reality has just hit
    next to my keyboard lays a pink slip
    my boss has found me at my desk daydreaming again
    just when
    it was getting so nice
    in my fantasy of a tropical paradise"

Just keep in mind the poem.. stop daydreaming too much. There is not much content anyway for people to enjoy.I don't think they have even considered to balance the classes. Nothing but we are looking into it from almost 4 months was the last answer I got from them.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-10-2019 at 02:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Here's the thing Aed, you sound like a broken record, yes cleric isn't as good as pick a class... there are plenty of people who started playing cleric, who are fully capable of doing BOS, who have no desire to spend months grinding out an alt to have that class be fully capable of doing BOS.

I come here to read how I can play the class i have better, not have to wade through you spamming every thread with rogues are better, this is cleric discussion, and here is a clue I dont and many others dont care if it takes us 4 minutes or more to down a boss, I am fine that we downed it. Why would I want to finish BOS in 25 minutes anyway so i can go back to lfg tdez?

I couldn't careless about prancing turtle, I couldn't careless about how a warr can do it, a rogue, a primalist or a mage, if everyone listened to you everyone would be playing a meta rogue build and how boring would that be? If you can't have fun playing cleric dont play, but stop crapping on everyone else, we are all here to have fun, and how you have fun doesn't mean we all have to all do what you want.

what exactly is your goal here get everyone to stop playing cleric?
    Last edited by beefy1212; 04-13-2019 at 01:40 AM.

What if i told you that Cleric is the absolute core backbone of every setup we came up in theory and practise, being able to tank, support, providing the nonphys etc saves up alot of slots for other classes. Imagine the Primalists being forced to use Conflagrate . Yikes.
    Also i'd rather bring a cleric than a mage since friends and i hold control in such high estate, that all this passive bs Firestorm cleave is just annoying and sometimes even counterproductive. Thanks for the flowers btw

as always: See it as a challange.

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I couldn't careless about pancing turtle,[...]
    Far in the distance, some programmer's heart just broke a little.
    Two new build ideas-turtle-not-angry-turtle-disappointed-you-tnm-9390573.jpg
    Last edited by Shas; 04-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Cleric is not competitive on a micro level like 1 v 1 with other classes, but because they allow the other classes to excel (which usually translates into a more fun experience for them) they are very much wanted in a macro level of competitiveness(10 v 10.) Like Defihealer really can make rogues feel far more enjoyable than they already are.

I don't know how rogue can be considered boring in anyway. They are possibly the most versatile class in the game and have incredible synergy.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-12-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Rogues can literaly chat while dpsing. It's amazing.

Let's jsut ignore that one post below.
    Last edited by Shas; 04-13-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I don't know how rogue can be considered boring in anyway. They are possibly the most versatile class in the game...
    You can't fathom how the literally easiest class to play could be boring... Rogues are what baddies play to feel better about themselves. I am not sure what is sadder advocating everyone play rogue, or being worried about being competitive on 2 year old content.

At this point to wow me why dont you not play meta, and post something impressive.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    You can't fathom how the literally easiest class to play could be boring... Rogues are what baddies play to feel better about themselves. I am not sure what is sadder advocating everyone play rogue, or being worried about being competitive on 2 year old content.

At this point to wow me why dont you not play meta, and post something impressive.
    You just don't get it. Why invest in a class that the devs intended for them to be crippled on purpose? It makes no sense. It is obvious they did with all the targeted nerfs along with the buffs to the other classes to counter to them. Rogue being OP is not the meta.. clerics being crippled IS the META. If you play cleric you play the meta. The other classes are not so bad.. well they have tons of potential compared to cleric... both in PvE and PvP. Cleric is not the most "balanced class" like everyone uses as an excuse. When every class is more balanced to each other in terms of "brokenness" cleric is the most imbalanced class because it is not "broken" enough.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-28-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Soulwalker

"Why invest in a class that the devs intended for them to be crippled on purpose?"

No, you don't get it it.

Cleric was the first class I played, I have no issues getting into groups, in fact usually I am a welcome sight... why you ask? I know what I am doing take direction well and am willing to play whatever role you need me too, and generally do it well enough that there are no complaints, can other classes do this, hell do it better? Sure. Crying I am at a disadvantage when nothing is going to be done serves me what purpose? To increase dissatisfaction with a class i enjoy playing and play well enough to get the job done?

Your sole purpose seems to be finding a reason why clerics shouldn't make the best of it 99% of the game cleric does just fine, and only 1% of the players playing content they do not do well are really concerned with it. I would love to see cleric get the minor boost they need to be competitive. Until it does I will keep doing the best i can

My raid loves my BOS tanking, They are fine with my defilicar group healing, I do struggle with DPS but it is also the role i am least interested in. When life gives you lemons you can choose to make the best of it and make lemonade or you can spend all day bitter about how much better orange juice is.

You sound like a spoiled child, mad the poor kid down the street has a toy you don't. You don't like the cleric don't play it I will continue to do what is fun for me, and not worry what toys others are having fun with.
    Last edited by beefy1212; 05-02-2019 at 08:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3