+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Two new build ideas

Oof. PoR is like the most savage warden healing spell not reliant on being wasted as cd reduction you can time it to heal through a missile barrage in the group. Pretty much like a 4.x Wild Growth.>

Tidal surge + PoR is one of the most efficient and powerful direct heals in the game. In 60 and 65 able to fully top up 20 ppl.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-29-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Oof. PoR is like the most savage warden healing spell not reliant on being wasted as cd reduction you can time it to heal through a missile barrage in the group. Pretty much like a 4.x Wild Growth.>

Tidal surge + PoR is one of the most efficient and powerful direct heals in the game. In 60 and 65 able to fully top up 20 ppl.
    PoR is one of the more badass heals at a cleric's disposal, that's why I originally wanted it in the spec. But with so much going on it felt unnecessary to have the one time I raided with it. With the extra salvation recipient, every Geyser cast you use will heal 8 people at a time already. (6 Salvation, 2 Marked By Light)
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Master

Well, 61 warden is like 2 million+ overhealing so I don't think it will be better than that unless this healing is registering faster on the meter than 61 warden. If want to max 61 warden it is basically spamming healing effusion and keeping hots and buffs up while maintaining above 50 mana as much as possible with mana regen abilities from warden.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-29-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Spaming healing effusion. Isn't that what jenni does? Try to play warden with as little healing Effusion as possible. One stack Faith's reward is enough to bring Healinc Cataract into the rotation which you may even precast on stuff like charging ghosts etcpp.

The point is to exceed the 2mil@ 1.5 sec gcd with the same method as lgLib: Overclock the overhealing buff and get a shtload of autoticks. Lg Lib drastically increases healing taken, making even a water cycle crystalline ticking 2mil overheal. Oc lib + Steadfast soul + Overflowing Renewal + sharec excess = defiheal output (@5targets] alone. Try to plan your setups outside of what a single spec can do alone Very often Rift specs work into each other like a clockwork. (For example titanx: a Justicar/8 warden healing the group while 1-2 Riftblades Iwy!- heal the tank)
    Sure it's not bis but we are here to have a little fun .?

[did you know that Riftblade has a cooldown reducing the dmg taken from trash by 100% for 3 seconds?] o fkin p
    Last edited by Shas; 03-29-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Rift Master

Spaming healing effusion. Isn't that what jenni does? Try to play warden with as little healing Effusion as possible.
    I try to find one to show. It is super rare to find a person to play 61 warden.

I mean overhealing https://prancingturtle.com//Encounte...ity&filter=all

Even well over 2 million spamming HE. Good overhealing. Absolutely terrible EHPS.

LOLzer
    https://prancingturtle.com//Encounte...ity&filter=all
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-30-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I try to find one to show. It is super rare to find a person to play 61 warden.

I mean overhealing https://prancingturtle.com//Encounte...ity&filter=all

Even well over 2 million spamming HE. Good overhealing. Absolutely terrible EHPS.

LOLzer
    https://prancingturtle.com//Encounte...ity&filter=all
    Problem was they were playing warden wrong. Effusion is a terrible way to play warden. I had a top chloro healing alongside me and my hps was way higher.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-31-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Problem was they were playing warden wrong. Effusion is a terrible way to play warden. I had a top chloro healing alongside me and my hps was way higher.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all
    Yes, you can see he didn't have any of the + healing % talents. If you look at that parse and yours, you are still lower than him in THPS though. 2.1+ for you and 2.6+ for them. Imagine if they have healing talents maybe 3million.

Rift Disciple

Effusion might be bad but with how terrible warden CDs are(excluding Monsoon and PoR) there isnt much else to use to top ppl off during burst damage. Zehn has said this before but unless you are gunna clip Wave of Renewal it should NEVER be used as a full channel and Down Pour is just crap due to it making you stand in 1 spot due to the ground target AE and casting Healing Cataract is bad all on its own. So, sadly all you have left is to spam effusion and use the mana regen that gives a healing debuff but you dont really "feel" a difference with the mana regen up

Smile

Healing Effusion form Warden is what Deliverance is from Liberator. New people spam it, call the healspec weak and quit it.<

Healing Cataract is not bad at all. The cast time makes you able to doubletick by precasting before dmg and follow up with an instant. (+ cast time reduce ofc)

You can do the same with Wave of renewal. Rather than having it as a panic button, finish the channel before dmg comes in and use the wave comming back to heal while having a free gcd.

Downpour is one strong mofo. Use it with Tidal Surge. Sure you have to stand for a little but the quick distribution makes it worth it.

@Naught you didn't mention St hots and Ripple. Don't you use it?

Monsoon c.a 50sec cd lasting 20sec

Ripple 30 sec cd lasting 20sec

Orbs of the tide 30 sec cd lasting 3-30 secs

Downpour 1min cd lasting 6 secs

You see a pattern there? Different from Liberator and Chloromancer, Warden plays like a fortune teller, which makes him weaker and stronger at the same time. You know what kind of damage is comming and when (you better learn to tell ) and preload the right amount of hps (pretty much how Purifier plays).
    Hope you get an idea how much that differs from Infusion spam.
    You can use Healing Cataract every 3 gcd's- that leads you to a max hps rotation of:

[Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract - [Dot/ Hot refresh/ cd preload] - Geysir/Pool - Cataract

Keep in mind that when refreshing your aoe, sthots and whatever after another, will leave you with a massive hps gap. (Like the dot refresh on Defiheal)

You know the artists which spin multiple plates on sticks? that's 61 Warden.
    Two new build ideas-warden-footage.jpg
    'A 61 Warden learning to keep up Healing Spray, Healing Flood and Dangers of the Deep' 2019 (colorized)

have fun :P
    Last edited by Shas; 04-02-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

With burst damage HoTs can only do so much when they tick every 1.5 seconds and WoR may hit twice but ppl can STILL die through all that healing depending on the burst damage going out. And if people are spread out down pour (the crappest of all the warden CDs) its mostly worthless so i still say effusion is the best thing to use when burst healing is needed when playing warden regardless of the mana cost on that spell

When speaking about 'Burst damage' i wonder which szenarios you are thinking about. You can adapt your own little tricks for every single encounter - that's what made warden so strong. Atm the healmeta is a spamming one where it falls short so people think it's healing sucks^^.

When speaking about 'Burst damage' i wonder which szenarios you are thinking about. You can adapt your own little tricks for every single encounter - that's what made warden so strong. Atm the healmeta is a spamming one where it falls short so people think it's healing sucks^^.
    Warden wasn't really strong for a long time. I played since headstart. Warden pretty much died in HK 1.0. That is when everyone started to min/max and chloro was just the best to bring. Wild Growth + Living Energy + doing good dps as a healer for that time was too good to pass up for raids. In storm legion rogue and chloro double dipped in heals for most of the expansion which trivialized raiding. It was just insane and it destroyed warden viability for a long time in raids. In order for most cleric to enjoy warden they would go into CQ in premades lol and maybe Akylios. I would literally say warden wasn't used much for the last 6 years and was very niche spec. Old Defiler + Puri/Sent were their roles as healers for most of the time. To be honest they were not competitive DPS until the end of NT with drufiler, and inquifiler specs
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-02-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    One thing I am glad about the new dungeon it shows how they can make defihealer feel terrible as a healer. Bosses going immune to damage. Not having a res just for that one interrupt that kills someone etc. And the way they reduce damage in meter by just having long periods of no register dps.
    In the very first sentence of my guide when I released Defihealer to the masses is that it was situational. lol /sigh

Use Sentinel for dungeons, or better yet bring a Chantion to handle healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Warden wasn't really strong for a long time. I played since headstart. Warden pretty much died in HK 1.0. That is when everyone started to min/max and chloro was just the best to bring. Wild Growth + Living Energy + doing good dps as a healer for that time was too good to pass up for raids. In storm legion rogue and chloro double dipped in heals for most of the expansion which trivialized raiding. It was just insane and it destroyed warden viability for a long time in raids. In order for most cleric to enjoy warden they would go into CQ in premades lol and maybe Akylios. I would literally say warden wasn't used much for the last 6 years and was very niche spec. Old Defiler + Puri/Sent were their roles as healers for most of the time. To be honest they were not competitive DPS until the end of NT with drufiler, and inquifiler specs
    Let's not start this again please. Different guilds/ regions, different strats. Just because x guilds stacked chloro doesn't mean another spec is not suited for the same boss @ a different strat. Darksystem successfuly Warden- healed Lady justice on dungeon mage gear simply due to timing. when going with 3-4 heals on Pagura/ Arak/ Enigma for example, sure you want to squeeze out more dmg since the healing is ez af. Warden is designed for 20 people. the bis metaspecs are for 5-10 sore surely they shine bright ^^

(Chloro and physican dmg < Warden + dd)

Rift Master

Let's not start this again please. Different guilds/ regions, different strats. Just because x guilds stacked chloro doesn't mean another spec is not suited for the same boss @ a different strat. Darksystem successfuly Warden- healed Lady justice on dungeon mage gear simply due to timing. when going with 3-4 heals on Pagura/ Arak/ Enigma for example, sure you want to squeeze out more dmg since the healing is ez af. Warden is designed for 20 people. the bis metaspecs are for 5-10 sore surely they shine bright ^^

(Chloro and physican dmg < Warden + dd)
    It just depends on what type of person you are. Some people as yourself may just care to clear content and play casually every week. Others are more competitive. In fact, Rift was always a very competitive game so I assume like old veterans still feel it should be that way. For instance, World First, getting the best classes together to do achievements, getting the best time kills. Doing rapid assaults. It may be that to them casuals are the outlier. I personally don't care anymore about that stuff. I try to warn players if they want that stuff they should play another class though.

With cleric "deleted" so was most of the Trion devs. It makes a lot of sense when you think about. My experience with clerics and raids have always been they were the ones who were pushed out more than any other classes in our raids (we had 40 + raiders in NT, like 100+ in our guild raided in SL with maybe 150 separate raided in CQ in SL on two separate channels.) I know my stuff lol. We had a total of maybe 7 couples one of which one was always a cleric + either a warrior or rogue, who was pushed out in Prophecy of Ankhet. Mostly pushed out healer roles since they were puri/sent and defilers in last expansion. We also had 2 female tank clerics who took that job after phys/tact/ bard/Phys and bard/tact took over. But it was due to one of the leaders in guild getting mad at the clerics for pulling aggro that both quit. Each experience is different for different players.

Most of the time you will not hear about how great a class is on forums.. But you will always hear about QQ etc. Even rogue was never really complained about in any way except big threat to quit after they nerfed NB/SAB from players who get use to that spec for years.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-03-2019 at 02:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast