+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Coming back from 2011, need help desperately!

Soulwalker

Default Coming back from 2011, need help desperately!

Hey im just back to the game. Havent played since 2011 and trying to figure out alot of things coming back. My spec is complete garbage (as you would expect after 8 years) and looking for some advice.

I'm lvl 60 and was using a 58/18/0 Defiler/Cabalist/Justicar spec which doesnt work at all it seems.. I really liked the whole death and decay aspect and was wondering if there is still anything along these lines that is viable for solo/dungeon/rifts type stuff while still doing good dmg. Dont plan on raiding anytime soon as I need to get max level, gear out, find a guild (mine apparently disbanded), learn the game, etc, etc, etc.... looooong list.

As it is now, I'm having a hard time taking on more than 1 creature back to back, half my macros are dead, healing seems nerfed, etc.. I'd like to stick to this kinda death and decay spec if possible, but willing to try something new if its going to increase my dps and surviability by leaps and bounds.

after such a long time away you will definitely be resetting all your souls and spending points from a clean sheet.
    have a look here..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ompendium.html
    for the solo spec guides
    there may be a couple to choose from, just try one and see if it works for you

Wellcome back! You can rejoice. Defiler-oracle-justicar is the most viable cleric healspec and strongest soft sup at the moment.Still you may want to level on shaman etc ...
    Inquisitor is decent having death>life mechanics, dots which heal you and some strong cd's aswell as cc and selfheal; 0 Justicar should always be a good option too keep you on track with low gear.
    -> Your best option atm is someone to group with you which makes you able to activate sidekick. That means you get a virtual level equal to the zones max level and virtual stats which resemble really good levelgear (in the case of 65 even T3 raiding stats) this mechanic allows you to quickly hop through the nightmare tide zone while not getting 'boosted' in the classical term. With sidekick active i recommend 61 shaman 10 druid 5 justicar as it is not so dependent on masteries, has a high default runspeed and kills stuff quick.

I disagree with the idea that defiler-oracle-justicar is the most viable heal spec. None of those souls are proper healing souls.
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Until you hit lv 66 your best bet would probably be to go with some sort of Druid or Shaman spec. Druid for the healer pet or shaman with some sort of healing off soul.

Once you hit 66 you'll have the legendary abilities and anything with the Faerie Healer or Salvation legendaries will turn you into the energizer bunny with plenty of self healing.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Master

Cleric is regarded as the defacto worse class in the game when it comes to competing. They are the best progression tank simply because of padded healing with an in battle rez. Nothing else makes it particularly good vs other tanks. I would suggest playing any other class than cleric not only because of this but also because, the container of souls is the least used of all the classes.Also, some of the worse gameplay. Three healing souls that no one wants to raid unless its the last option, last option support as well, and the least competitive dps in the game overall. Also, some of the most restricted gameplay when you choose to dps. Very limited freedom of movement in your best range spec, very dismal cleave in the range spec, very bad disconnect in your best melee dps spec, as well as terrible target switching in both melee and range spec.

The roles of healing and tanking are trivialized at the moment by hybrids and no specific need for a certain tank like it was back in the days. So cleric really have limited gameplay options in my opinion. I would suggest playing a class with much better versatility with majority of wanted and useful containers of souls. I find most people are enjoying warrior.. very good healers and dps. Rogue incredibly good range dps with cleave and best secondary support. Mage very good hybrid dps AE healers, best primary support and good range dps with AE in a very easy rotation. Then you have primalist who is the best DPS and arguably broken healers in PvP. The only thing I can say about cleric is it is just easy for that 1 min of the year. Good at leveling from 1-65 and then it mostly all disappears after that especially due to side kicking or mentoring which trivializes 65-70.. and 70 plus for cleric is a disaster at every gear score until you get your last eternal..then you remain the least wanted/ competitive in all the roles excluding trivialized tanking. Frankly, they are not worth your time to invest in.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-17-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Cleric is regarded as the defacto worse class in the game when it comes to competing. They are the best progression tank simply because of padded healing with an in battle rez. Nothing else makes it particularly good vs other tanks. I would suggest playing any other class than cleric not only because of this but also because, the container of souls is the least used of all the classes.Also, some of the worse gameplay. Three healing souls that no one wants to raid unless its the last option, last option support as well, and the least competitive dps in the game overall. Also, some of the most restricted gameplay when you choose to dps. Very limited freedom of movement in your best range spec, very dismal cleave in the range spec, very bad disconnect in your best melee dps spec, as well as terrible target switching in both melee and range spec.

The roles of healing and tanking are trivialized at the moment by hybrids and no specific need for a certain tank like it was back in the days. So cleric really have limited gameplay options in my opinion. I would suggest playing a class with much better versatility with majority of wanted and useful containers of souls. I find most people are enjoying warrior.. very good healers and dps. Rogue incredibly good range dps with cleave and best secondary support. Mage very good hybrid dps AE healers, best primary support and good range dps with AE in a very easy rotation. Then you have primalist who is the best DPS and arguably broken healers in PvP. The only thing I can say about cleric is it is just easy for that 1 min of the year. Good at leveling from 1-65 and then it mostly all disappears after that especially due to side kicking or mentoring which trivializes 65-70.. and 70 plus for cleric is a disaster at every gear score until you get your last eternal..then you remain the least wanted/ competitive in all the roles excluding trivialized tanking. Frankly, they are not worth your time to invest in.
    Aedynn is very knowledgeable about cleric but ignore these sorts of posts from him as they tend to come up every time someone asks cleric questions. As they're always "play another class" answers.

Cleric is the bottom of the rung as far as DPS. Although it's not so bad that you wouldn't get raid invites if you played them well.

Cleric has two very strong hybrid heal/support specs. Wardocle pushes higher THPS numbers than tactbard and Defihealer pushes the same THPS and brings more than twice the DPS.

Cleric is the most sought after tank.

Cleric has the only real raid viable offensive support hybrid that brings the defensive support buffs..

Warden is a fantastic group heal option and can push similar or better numbers to other classes save Chloromancer, which are stupidly broken good.

Are puri and sentinel mostly useless in the current meta...yes.
    Does cleric need some love as far as dps...yes.

I don't know of too many raid leads that would not bring a cleric player who were good players though.

Clerics are probably one of the strongest solo classes for open world and very flexible in what they can provide. But Aedynn is correct in that if all gear and skill is equal, cleric is the worst dps.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Cleric has two very strong hybrid heal/support specs. Wardocle pushes higher THPS numbers than tactbard and Defihealer pushes the same THPS and brings more than twice the DPS.
    THPS meaning total HPS that includes wasted Overhealing? That is not very important when it comes to being competitive. The part that matters is Effective healing per sec (EHPS) which means how much healing gets registered to damage individuals and how much you can eat into other healers output. Wadocle is by far the worse of the two at this both on paper and in practice. I can't see any such defihealer hybrid that can compete especially given the fact that mixing a defi with a healing soul would equate to a slow 1.5 sec GCD which is even worse EHPS than wardocle who is already worse than bard hybrids in that area.

Albeit I will give you some fuel to argue with others about that is a seemingly better argument. Wardocle offers better mitigation and damage reduction than the bard. Yet, also you can actually play bard with both ST and AE healing roles and be successful at both jobs making them a lot more versatile. Pretty much how we did all raids up until wardocle was used as a last resort when NB/SAB was around doing close to 2million+ dps ...It was popularized because it was better to make the rogue go dps rather than support heal. Wardocle is part of the good enough crowd which a lot of people who multiclass tend to accept these days which is understandable. Oracle/Defiler hybrid is what really sets them apart albeit no one has figured out a way to make bard work with dps and Hps.. which it can bring both to the table as well as the more important support buff options. Maybe since you like to make builds you can figure it out and post it.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-17-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Defihealer is a 1 sec gcd as it has Oracle. Here's a couple parses. The EHPS is quite nice.

https://prancingturtle.com//Encounte...ity&filter=all

Wardocle and tactbard offer the same mitigation but wardocle offers +15% healing which will boost other healers.

Typically that boost will be reflected in whatever other healer the wardocle is paired with and drive wardocle numbers EHPS down quite a bit, especially if it's a chloro. Whatever source the HPS comes from though, I don't see how it's a loss or hindrance to a raid.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-17-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    I disagree with the idea that defiler-oracle-justicar is the most viable heal spec. None of those souls are proper healing souls.
    Still you can soloaoeheal any encounter, as long as you have a target, on it.
    I reduced a wall of text here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Defiler-oracle-justicar is the most viable cleric healspec and strongest soft sup at the moment.
    Referring to Angii enjoying death and dot-themes on his Cleric. And it being a priority pick (for us)
    Last edited by Shas; 01-17-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Defihealer is a 1 sec gcd as it has Oracle. Here's a couple parses. The EHPS is quite nice.

Wardocle and tactbard offer the same mitigation but wardocle offers +15% healing which will boost other healers.

Typically that boost will be reflected in whatever other healer the wardocle is paired with and drive wardocle numbers EHPS down quite a bit, especially if it's a chloro. Whatever source the HPS comes from though, I don't see how it's a loss or hindrance to a raid.
    The 15% also applies to the wardocle last I checked not just your fellow other healers. It exasperates the problem because the benefit it grants is better to other healers than yourself due to the natural way wardocle plays with the low EHPS.Defihealer seems interesting but I wouldn't call it a healer because the damage to heal factor.. There is no non target healing. no rez etc. It seems good if you have a great chon who can dps very well while you do the cleanse bot mechanics. I still would regard it as niche on the surface for the other reasons. Just remember that your dps looks to be less than half that of a true defiler/oracle on that encounter so it is a 50% dps sacrifice to heal. Is it really worth it over picking up chlorochon and just having one job be taken care of by one experience chlorochon?
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-17-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Prophet of Telara

The Defihealer spec looks very promising. I didn't know the spec yet but from the parses point of view it seems to be quite efficient. Definitely a good spec if you want to set best times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    The Defihealer spec looks very promising. Does the spec include all major oracel support buffs?
    Yep. It's only missing the living energy equivalent.

@Fashmemory

You should note on that particular encounter there's about 30 seconds of blank time on my personal parse since we had an add hiding on the other side of the arena who never decided to come, extending the encounter way longer than it actually was, so my numbers are way worse than they should be.

Me personally I've run both DPS/Support oracle and now this one. The dps difference is about 250k between the two. My playstyles, my gear. I won't pretend I'm some top tier player though.

In most cases I'd think the raid would gain a bit more than with DPS Archon and Defihealer than having a chlorochon and DPS oracle.

The no healing without a target and lack of rez can be an issue depending on your raid makeup. It's a bit of a niche spec but for most encounters it can work fine as a secondary healer and add some dps. Especially if you have a cleric tank.

As far as the 15% and EHPS. I really don't think the source matters, I see it as a total net benefit.

A wardocle + Liberator wardocle usually looks a lot better EHPS wise. When a chloro is present wardocle looks bad and chloro looks godly. Both ways your raid is getting a truckload of healing. I don't think there are any real encounters where raid heals have a hard time keeping up in this expansion.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-17-2019 at 11:19 AM.

The main benefit of it is that the haling rather comes from the spec than the gear since there are little chances to boost Salvation through anything else than raw healing %. On decent gear it's a solid ~600k and 1.2mil hps while it ticks fast like a chloromancer with the benefit of it's enhanced 'seeker' mechanic automaticly focusing on the most endangered friendly. In addition to that with Righteous Mandate you have a cheap verson of Synthese.

Thanks and good job in making it at this point.

A wardocle + Liberator wardocle usually looks a lot better EHPS wise. When a chloro is present wardocle looks bad and chloro looks godly.
    You should try my Oc Lib with greatly enhanced tickrates. :v
    Last edited by Shas; 01-17-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You should try my Oc Lib with greatly enhanced tickrates. :v
    Thanks! I've been meaning to give your lib spec a whirl. From the looks of it, i can imagine it's godly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast