+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ikamuni

Thread: Druids - Out of Mana.

Default Druids - Out of Mana.

Back to RIFT after a long lay off. I have a question regarding Druids. Why do they consume Mana so fast? I find the soul unplayable because after a few encounters your mana is completely drained. I think I have played every other magic and energy using soul in the game and none operate this way. Is this by design?
    Rift mobile app still broken

"It isn't" ~ Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    Back to RIFT after a long lay off. I have a question regarding Druids. Why do they consume Mana so fast? I find the soul unplayable because after a few encounters your mana is completely drained. I think I have played every other magic and energy using soul in the game and none operate this way. Is this by design?
    You can put the skill Peace of the Forest in your macro to alleviate this. It is a 10-sec off GCD skill that restores 10% of your mana in exchange for 7% health.
    Cielune@Faeblight | Ikamuni@Faeblight | Zeruiah@Faeblight | Lucifuga@Faeblight | Lugina@Faeblight

Originally from Seastone.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Some of the caster roles consume more mana than others or don't have mana regen abilities as handily available as others.

For example, Elementalist from Mage starves after about 2-3 minutes. Chloro (if not specced into Frostkeeper mana regen on crit) starves after the same times. Necro takes a little longer, 3-4 minutes.

Shaman when AOE'ing starves after about 2 minutes. Justicar when not blocking starves after 2-3 minutes. Warden can starve after 20 seconds :P

So... either use your mana regen abilites (every class has something, some lose more DPS or HPS than others) or use mana potions/tonics/out of fight drinks.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    Cleric has the worse resource management in the game for many souls, unfortunately. There is other problems with the way mana regen abilities affect the cleric. For instance, you can throw the ability into a "spam" type macro but if you use it on the wrong macro it will consume stacks of FM which will cause a ton of damage loss. Puri, Runeshaper, and others are also contributing to clunky play that all feels like you are being penalized to play the class in the end. No other class has to deal with such a wide spread problem.. Some class specs are ideally built to circumvent any resource management problems in many of their go to specs making them more favorable in similar instances. It has been a complaint with this class for Puri, Pre Defiler changes, Runeshaper, Post Druid buff etc. so this "annoying playstyle" is probably intended for the class unfortunately as it is not just that one odd soul that is affected by it...
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread