+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory

Thread: Competitive ranged single target build

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default Competitive ranged single target build

    Hi I've been looking at specs inq, Defiler and runeshaper mainly looking for an alternative to shaman what does similar dps but they don't even come close? And have more going on? Am I missing something?

  2. #2
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Inquisitor is similar to shaman, so be sure to find a guide on this to ensure you've got the right spec/rotation.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-19-2018 at 04:04 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Inquisitor is the best ranged ST DPS. But if you want something that handles target switching well and can do some AoE cleave give this a shot.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ge-cleave.html
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-19-2018 at 04:10 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Thanks for replies I've tried that spec you linked but havnt tried it as a ranged spec was always melee... Could give it another whirl... Are there any up to date inq guides?

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I'm not sure if there's an in depth current one. I'll look over the one I wrote for my guild a year or so ago and post it later on today.

    It's up.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...nquisitor.html
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-19-2018 at 09:44 AM.

  6. #6
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    974

    Default

    The guide above is fine, except for fanaticism with Bolt of Depravity. Retribution hits harder than Depravity (Ret+Judgement > Depravity+DoT). Depravity only serves as a function to keep your retribution at 1 sec cast.

    Therefore build up stacks of concord (you will get a few more than you need to over time) then unleash a flurry of retributions in a row with fanaticism and stacks of fanatics faith. Hopefully you can get a channel of Aggressive Inquisition on your highest number of faith stacks too. Do not use fanaticism with Aggressive Inquisition except for your opening rotation.

    Scourge also benefits from faith stacks, so you may sometimes want to cast this before Sanction, but rarely this lines up in such a way.

    I don't use any macro's for Inquisitor, I find it more hassle than good as there's always scenarios where you may not want to do that specific scenario.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-20-2018 at 02:45 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    The guide above is fine, except for fanaticism with Bolt of Depravity. Retribution hits harder than Depravity (Ret+Judgement > Depravity+DoT). Depravity only serves as a function to keep your retribution at 1 sec cast.

    Therefore build up stacks of concord (you will get a few more than you need to over time) then unleash a flurry of retributions in a row with fanaticism and stacks of fanatics faith. Hopefully you can get a channel of Aggressive Inquisition on your highest number of faith stacks too. Do not use fanaticism with Aggressive Inquisition except for your opening rotation.

    Scourge also benefits from faith stacks, so you may sometimes want to cast this before Sanction, but rarely this lines up in such a way.

    I don't use any macro's for Inquisitor, I find it more hassle than good as there's always scenarios where you may not want to do that specific scenario.
    Interesting. I'll give your method a try at some point and see how it lines up with my usual parses.

    I'd never considerd BoD being inferior to BoJ. I'll give it a whirl and update my guide accordingly.

  8. #8
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Interesting. I'll give your method a try at some point and see how it lines up with my usual parses.

    I'd never considerd BoD being inferior to BoJ. I'll give it a whirl and update my guide accordingly.
    I think it would be hard to notice the differences in parsing, considering you crit so much anyway. Better to just see the raw damage differences in combat log.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  9. #9
    Telaran Hitme2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Is Vex used at all anymore in the inq rotation? I'm using a 61 inq/10 druid/5 sent build (don't have Runeshaper) and the "rotation" is super clunky with the addition of Fervent Strike, Bolt of Light and Punishing Strike, compared to what it used to be.
    Faja - Cleric - Faeblight

  10. #10
    Xly
    Xly is online now
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Sanction applies Vex as well.

  11. #11
    Telaran Hitme2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Sanction applies Vex as well.
    Ah, that's right, forgot about that mastery, thanks.
    Faja - Cleric - Faeblight

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitme2 View Post
    Is Vex used at all anymore in the inq rotation? I'm using a 61 inq/10 druid/5 sent build (don't have Runeshaper) and the "rotation" is super clunky with the addition of Fervent Strike, Bolt of Light and Punishing Strike, compared to what it used to be.
    Top players who use inquisitor usually are around 1.1-1.2+million ST. YMMV depending on gear. Its aoe and cleave potential is crap however and in the current meta it is better to bring another dps most of the time. There are other reasons for this because many other class souls perform better during high movement and in target switching scenarios.

    Some people are boasting they can sustain 1.4million+ with inquisitor which I have never personally seen it. Last I checked you lose around 100K dps for going with the fervent strike mastery over the inquisitor one. Not sure since I don't bother to test more than a few minutes these days due to the way planar fragments have ruined testing on PTS.( I don't want to spend 6 hours trying to get best in slot level 15 fragments on pts. Maybe it is a 1% thing with best in slot armor and fragments?)

    Some specs to suggest learning for cleric. Wardacle, shaman, inquisitor and justicar. Orafiler too but most leaders choose a raid heal support over a dps support. Druid dps is best for this class but it has niche playability and it seems like its being targeted for nerfs although it has very limited use for the passed year or so. I can suggest for the current meta the most useful role of a cleric is to tank, sadly.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-24-2018 at 01:02 AM.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Top players who use inquisitor usually are around 1.1-1.2+million ST. YMMV depending on gear...Some people are boasting they can sustain 1.4million+ with inquisitor which I have never personally seen it. Last I checked you lose around 100K dps for going with the fervent strike mastery over the inquisitor one...
    I agree with this. I'm 99% sure my rotation doesn't differ at all from top players. I've been playing inq long enough to fine tune it and considering I've gone to the extent of breaking down the damage parsers on prancing turtle and focusing in on the damage spikes, it's clear it's the same as mine.

    The well known top dpsers such as Bubbles only manage to parse that highly due to the lengths of fights + raid composition (raid buffs etc.) He's obviously a very good player and will perfect some niches, but he doesn't just miraculously create an extra 200k due to some special rotation he knows and we don't. Unfortunately I'm not in a top raiding guild, so I won't pull the same numbers.

    In TD NM and Phoenix it was possible to pull 1.3m (and even up to 1.5m on particular fights) as long as the fight was extremely short (records are under 1.30m). Remember gear was different at this time, so it would likely be even higher now with T2 upgraded gear and the right raiders (a 1 min fight for example). You can also parse highly when you skip phases or the fight ends perfectly after your 2 min spike. For example I've ended on General & Malonnan on 1.4m+ for these exact reasons.

    BoS 1st boss I'm pretty sure you can pull 1.3m+ on inq with T2 upgraded gear, but I haven't seen it on prancing turtle, seems druid is taking the top spots here. I don't believe I've pulled much more than 1.2m on this fight, but it seems to go on for aggggeeess when it comes to our guild or pugs, so it's no surprise; 1.2m is a clerics sustained dmg. Maybe with a fight just over 4 mins? Not sure. Record is currently just under 4 mins.

    BoS 2nd means you do have to choose the fervent strike mastery, which as flash says will affect your dps. There's a couple of breaks in this + Isi immuning to damage quite frequently makes parsing high on this very difficult. You'll be shadowed by Rogue AoE'ers on the main parse. If you look at the damage directly done to the two bosses you should be doing very well, and after all ST damage is incredibly important. Around 1.1m on Isi at a push with the right supports, in par or behind rogues (annoyingly they shouldn't be beating you at this stage, but ofc they do).

    BoS 3rd, again sacrificing the buff mastery, and lots and lots of disconnects. Your damage will suck on this fight. Better to go wardacle solo heal or orafiler (don't you love these made up words). I can still parse about 0.9m and probably with better timing could improve on this, but again expect to be completely shadowed by Rogues on this one. Don't forget you're useful for interrupts though, and possibly purges!


    We need another raid anyway to see if we can excel elsewhere. Some changes happening on PTS in regards to how the eternal affects some abilities, we'll see what happens after this. I think Clerics will get a slight buff soon considering the work they're doing to legendaries on PTS, but that might not be to inquisitor.
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  14. #14
    Soulwalker Ikamuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    17

    Default

    ^ in your damage numbers I assume you meant m instead of k coz I am an inquisitor myself and my burst goes up to 1.8m on BoS bosses and 1.2m sustained (2525 hit, T2 not upgraded)
    Cielune@Faeblight | Ikamuni@Faeblight | Zeruiah@Faeblight | Lucifuga@Faeblight | Lugina@Faeblight

    Originally from Seastone.

  15. #15
    General of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    ^ in your damage numbers I assume you meant m instead of k coz I am an inquisitor myself and my burst goes up to 1.8m on BoS bosses and 1.2m sustained (2525 hit, T2 not upgraded)
    indeed. I'm just a nub, thanks for spotting ^^
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts