+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: dear trion, how to improve cleric (damage)

Soulwalker

Default dear trion, how to improve cleric (damage)

Hi all, i'll write some point to improve on cleric to make it better. (by the way i'm french, so sorry for my mistakes)

SHAMAN :
    shaman is really strong but far away from some spec. the gameplay is actualy really stupid, your dps is based on a buff, life surge and insigna of blood (lol). to make the shaman better, you should increase the damage of some attacks:
    -massive blow
    -glacial strike
    -jolt
    -lighting hammer (a lot)

and reduce a bit the eternal bonus on the vengeance of the winter storm. So the shaman could have more dps and be competitive with primalist and NB with a nice gameplay.

INQUISITOR:

inquisitor is really a joke... he is too far away from shaman or other ranged spec like Marksman. here, we just need a buff on some spell :
    -increase the damage of nysir rebuke by 20% and reduce his cast time to 2sec.
    -increase the passive bonus of legendary radical union to 70%
    -increase soul drain damage, this ability isn't that bad for a little aoe but a bit too weak. i know, inquisitor insn't made for aoe spec but a aoe spell sometimes could be pretty cool.
    -add damage bonus on normal perseverence (15%) and increase the legenday one to 35%.
    That's all. i don't want inquisitor to be OP, just more competitive with other ranged spec.

RUNESHAPER:

here it is... runeshaper need a HUGE buff to be as competitive as inquisitor.
    -switch rune of soul binding to fire damage, increase his damage by 20% and reduce his cast time to 2,5 sec.
    -reduce the CD of runelord's inscription to 1min and add 50% more damage (more or less) for 15sec because this spell is actualy a BIG JOKE.
    -increase the damage of rune of impernding souls and rune strike by 50%
    -adds a ability to rune of power : the 3 next rune of castigation do 15% more damage
    -and add mana cost reduction (15%) to runic lantern.

Defiler:
    the funniest spec and the worst too. here it's simple, change stupid things !
    - remove damage reduction of unstable transformation and add +20% damage instead !!!
    - increase every dot damage by 30%
    -reduce bond of pain CD to 30sec and add +50% passive damage for rage DoT.
    - increase damage bonus of furious might to 30%
    -add a passive on pain transmission who increase the damage of the next explosive rage by 100%

Druid
    he already got a good nerf

Cabalist
    -increase the damage of every DoT by 50%
    -reduce overall mana cost by 20%
    -increase the damage of disintegration by 300%
    -give a spread to dark water and add 5% DoT damage per stacks to the cabalist (only)
    -allow movement in shadow breach and add a refresh of dark passage + make it usable in battle

Thanks for reading ! i hope you like this idea, tbh, some proposition of buff are OP or too low.
    this thread is a condensed feeling of many clerics. I wrote it taking into account their opinions!
    Last edited by pyriann; 05-18-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Inquisitor is far behind shaman? It's about 150k behind at most on a dummy (1.2k), and that's if you're playing shaman realllyy well. It's no more than a 100k difference with the shaman 1 button macro, which is what a range soul should be compared to a melee one.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-19-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I would also like to add you'll never see balance to abilities on Live. This is the sad impact of Prime. They share the same build, so if they change it on one, it changes the other.

The only thing therefore they can change is legendary scaling and weapon scaling unless they apply a overlapping scaling modifier on top (which they had intended to use on Prime, but haven't heard of it since then). Welcome to Trion balance.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-20-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

yeah, that's why i'll quit this game i think.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    yeah, that's why i'll quit this game i think.
    Other classes are more oversimplified on their design because they have less restriction to their playstyle and are more forgiving when you compare design with matching identities of cleric.

Cleric is probably the most restricted from a design stand point when you consider the rotations, the disconnect issues, the mobility issues, the target switch issues and management of abilities and resources at the same time. Lacking of passive cleave etc. The list goes on. They are possibly the least rewarding class to play as even if you perfect your rotation in practical use you still sit below other oversimplified classes.

If you are a cleric you will probably be forced into doing purges, cleanses, and interrupts as well because the other classes "perform so well in practical use" in their oversimplified specs compare to you and lack some of these things in their best specs.

Also, one of the things I think raid devs did wrong in this expansion was force 2 tanks into 10 player raids like with BoS. It was usually 2 tanks for 20 player raids and only on some occasions or 1 tank for 10 man raid for most occasions. Take for instance BoS you usually have 2 tanks for the first 2 bosses and 1 for the last boss. If you look at the new meta, this is requiring 2 tanks per 10 player raid which is doubled the amount of tanks needed per raid. Instead of 2 tanks for 20 players on ocassions, it is now 4 tanks per 20 players!

They didn't get rid of tank gear as they promised as well. They added preserver/hero gear and 11 tanking fragments which made it more difficult to gear for another role. This change to meta can be added to the list of things that were sort of game breaking for this expansion as gearing for tanking is also very expensive compared to what it use to be but also they made the role much more a requirement to raid. It is very difficult to keep players engaged in a game when the least popular role is being doubled in necessity.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-24-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Telaran

INQUISITOR:
    Change the legendary Bolt of Retribution to instant cast(could be done via spirtual scrutiny much like how it makes boj instant) and also bump the damage up(not sure on % here). This is more inline with the instant / moving inquisitor build and the inq does need a stronger bolt.

Change radical coalescence to give a 15-20% damage buff on top of the 50% dot buff much like fervent strike does in Druid(also move that 15% dps bump in Druid up in the soul tree). It's silly having inq's take this melee skill to keep dps up / close to other single target DPS ranged specs.
    This should get inq to line right up and at the same time fix two play style deviations.
    Last edited by JamesDSneed; 07-10-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Telaran

weird part is that cleric dps is pretty OP these days, so i don't understand the post.
    healing is also fine, maybe it can be a little better but it's not bad.
    support is the same issue as with the rogue, so why worry if there is OP mage support and after patch Beastmaster is one of the better with huge dsp

so in the end learn to play cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post
    weird part is that cleric dps is pretty OP these days, so i don't understand the post.
    support is the same issue as with the rogue, so why worry if there is OP mage support and after patch Beastmaster is one of the better with huge dsp

Not sure if you were responding to me or the OP. I have played cleric since 2011 pre-release, not going to name my toon here. If you noticed my post it would be a very slight bump in dps on inq but change the playstyle so its more fitting for inq(fun). Also those changes are much better for solo and PvP due to the mobility and not taking melee skills on the max dps builds.

What is dsp?

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Op? LOL! That statement is complete bs and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post

Cleric is by far, not OP. Clerics do need a buff.

Shamans:
    Shaman needs some type of PROPER snare(lol snowbank) and an actual debilitate. Nothing for us in this department AT ALL. They could also use an ability similar to 'Grasping the Horizon'. This alone would bump shaman up.

Core abilities such as Massive Blow, is not really all that MASSIVE. Needs to be the star of the show again and be bumped.

Jolt could be bumped as well. Along with the base dps of the Vengance of the Winter Storm

Lastly, the base % of abilities like Cold Blooded 4/8% up to 5/10% and Brutalize from 15% up to 25%.
    This class definitely needs some changes. Be honest here this class is not OP at all.

Inquisitor:
    This class is also NOT op. Tbh, I really don't know what to add or change.
    Dot abilities could be bumped up to help compensate. Boj and Bor could be bumped and Aggressive Inquisition's CD time could be dropped to 45. You could also allow clerics to cast the buff Shroud of Agony along with all the others if taking the mastery Benevolent Presence.

Cleric heal specs:
    LEL! What heal specs. I do not want to even write anything. For shame Trion.

Defiler and Runeshaper :
    LOL as well.

Class balance will and has always been an issue in Rift. However, not every class is supposed to be the same. In saying that we do need to have other viable specs though. This disparity has led to so many people quitting this game, and it is really sad to see.

Plane Walker

The problem is they keep nerfing clerics without people realizing it. Druid seems to have been hit with a huge nerf as well which also effected dru/cab spec. Shaman was hit with a less minor nerf. Druid was a niche specs so I don't feel it impacted the clerics too much but they did just delete two semi viable or niche specs from the class. They have nerfed all the classes in the last few month on live. Primalist and Mage were hit early, now cleric and rogue.. And warrior actually took the biggest nerf even though they got buffed because nothing can replace the dps of chantions as healers. They didn't really consider that for about a year we were clearing content with these specs and now they want to nerf without adjusting content so it will drive people to quit the game even faster.

Also, they didn't really change much about the classes. You still have rogue and primalist at the the top and about 20%-30% ahead of other classes in BoS.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-12-2018 at 08:04 AM.

There is no DPS change to Shaman. The only thing they changed now was the Eternal weapon buff when mentored.

No idea on Druid. I find 1.5s GCD classes to be boring.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    There is no DPS change to Shaman. The only thing they changed now was the Eternal weapon buff when mentored.

No idea on Druid. I find 1.5s GCD classes to be boring.
    From what I can understand the Eternal Weapon buff no longer effects some abilities like vengeance. If that is true then yes it would be an overall nerf to the soul. I wouldn't have really good knowledge about the dps of shaman but Druid was so much better and that definitely got hit with a heavy nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    From what I can understand the Eternal Weapon buff no longer effects some abilities like vengeance. If that is true then yes it would be an overall nerf to the soul. I wouldn't have really good knowledge about the dps of shaman but Druid was so much better and that definitely got hit with a heavy nerf bat.
    I haven't seen a noticable change to shaman DPS. So they may have only nerfed rogue weapon enchants.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I haven't seen a noticable change to shaman DPS. So they may have only nerfed rogue weapon enchants.
    Nope. It is apparent too. Care to post a parse with the percentage break down of your abilities post 4.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Nope. It is apparent too. Care to post a parse with the percentage break down of your abilities post 4.5?
    On my phone right now but I'll post one later on.

https://i.imgur.com/5Wh8HXH.png

No food or non shaman buffs. Did have a power stone on but I usually do since i mostly raid log on this character. I don't play shaman a ton so I didn't do a great job of keeping life surge up either.

At most i'm noticing a 100k-150k dps loss. Not that noticeable. Seen way bigger drops on rogue, primalist, druid, and warrior.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-15-2018 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast