+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clarification on Mien of Leadership

Soulwalker

Question Clarification on Mien of Leadership

The tooltip says:

Reduces damage done, healing done, and absorption granted with non-justicar abilities by 40%. Increases incoming single target healing and absorbs cast by other players by 30%.
    If I were to spec into druid for the faerie healer for solo play, would that effect the faerie's healing? Specifically, I'm wondering if the faerie healer's skills count as druid skills.

I'm pretty sure pets don't count as other players, but just on the very slim chance I'm wrong, I put that section into the quote as well.

By the way, here's the build I'm considering: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#DkF0E/rkBliFglhkg/n
    Last edited by Shadow368; 04-07-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Doesn't matter. Regardless of it effecting heals from fairy or not (i'm fairly certain it doesn't) the fairy healer is so low on output that you'd benefit alot more by going for other heal outlets if you wanted higher healing.

Such as (if you have eternal weapon) going 6 points into warden for Geyser. If your goal is to get 3x interrupts + heals you're pretty much locked into that spec.

The Greater fairy healer is really just fluff heals and can't do any good unless you're talking about taking only a few mobs at a time in open world (and using the fairy healer for ST heals).

Soulwalker

I haven't been playing in awhile, so my character's only level 41 at the moment. I'm really just wondering if this is at least semi viable as a rugged survival spec for solo leveling. I know for a fact it's probably trash for PvP or Raid.

Though your input about warden is going into my "save for later" box, when I start making a role for more team oriented play.

Soulwalker

I really don't think there is a point in having enough justicar points to have mien of leadership for solo play. If you want beastly solo specs, try inq and/or sham/druid ^^ You will get better results.

You see the problem is that you're locking yourself out of potentially very good damage just by activating mien of leadership, and justicar abilities themselves don't feel like they do as much damage as Sham or Druid abilities would for example.

Also, picking up healing breath (0 points in sent) will net you better HPS if you cast it on cooldown than relying on the fairy. And that's not including the shields you get from druid and sham. ^^

52 points in justi will rarely ever yield good results in solo play. You don't need more than Doctrine of Bliss from Justi to solo properly (and then again you don't even need that), and the points you will invest elsewhere will have pretty much the same damage reduction effect as your points in justi (if you kill faster, you will take less damage in the end).

I solo with 61 sham/15 druid/0 sent and I am powering through solo content absolutely np and breaking the parsers when doing IA. I hope this helps. ;)
    Last edited by Feldspar; 04-18-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Feldspar, would it be possible to get a link to that Sham/Druid/Sent build?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow368 View Post
    Feldspar, would it be possible to get a link to that Sham/Druid/Sent build?
    I made the spec myself and do not really care to make a full guide about it. Just max sham and put 15 points into druid into the passives you think would fit the best.

Then, when building your macros for your spec, you generally want to put your selfbuff cooldowns first, like rage of the north and glacial shield, then move on to your damaging cooldowns, like massive blow, then move on to your spammable melee skills like Icy Blow, then move on to your spammable ranged skills, like Ekkehardt's Grasp. Put "dotlike" skills that have no cooldown like lightning hammer and eruption of life on separate macros.

Your main macro should look like: (it's a rough example based on memory)

#show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the north
    Cast Glacial Shield
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehardt's Grasp

This is just a rough example that you can rely on to understand the structure (my main macro is much longer at 69), then you have to adapt the macro to your current progression and unlocked skills. Experimenting is the best way to learn ^^

Also I've switched Sent for Inq, as I realized I did not need the additional healing from sent once I got enough gear from the most recent xpac.

I would suggest getting a DPS meter and experimenting with specs/macros yourself. Maybe you can find niche specs that you will really like playing. Also, having a DPS meter would allow you to test the impact of Mien of Leadership over other specs and things like that. If you have twice the damage reduction but deal 8 times less damage as a justi, it seems like a pretty clear clue that you're not on the right track.
    Last edited by Feldspar; 04-21-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Soulwalker

While I appreciate the effort of writing out macros, I wasn't really looking for a full guide, just an idea of which passives in druid you thought were the best. I assume you know about Magelo's Soul Tree calc, but if not it's really fast and easy to share different builds. This is the Sham/Druid/Sent build I'm planning for.

Wisdom increases spell power, but physical damage synergizes with Shaman, so I'm specifically wondering if one is better than the other in the long run.

After the first options, Carry a big stick is a good boost to Fervent Strike, but Mercurial boosts Fervent Strike plus more-or-less all of Shaman's skills. Not relying on pets, so Heed the Call is fairly useless and while Trickster's Bolt could be good, not enough to spend a point on.

Slumber is pretty useless, Boundless Growth increases damage over time for Eruption of Life, but Brutal Impact increases damage for Shaman also.

+ Reply to Thread