+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE Damage?

Soulwalker

Default AOE Damage?

Cab used to be a must for experts. I have been looking around, and have not seen much in the lines of a true aoe build for clerics, recently(other than Shaman cleave).

Any thoughts or is there a guide/spec I have not ran across? I see some clerics hitting 3-4 million in the mass pulls on DRRs. Just curious as to what makes this happen. Decently geared with last Eternal, playing Shaman, unless I am on purge duty.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ompendium.html

maybe this has some answers for you?

Shaman's AoE is pretty good (remember to use the AOE DPS buff and keep up the two stacks of Icy Blow buff)

But another good - well, high DPS - option is Justicar. DPS gear + Mien of Honor + apply Censure once + Total Assurance + AoE hammer spam (with the legendary) = high DPS and healing (and a lot of threat). If you do this, stand on the real tank and put your Righteous Mandate on him beforehand.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 02-16-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Soulwalker

At 82k SP and 38.5% CP I am only doing around 1.5m using Shaman aoe.

Really wanted to ask if I am missing something obvious that is letting some clerics do that 3-4m on the TDNM trash and the aoe mini boss (forget her name D something?).

Sword of Telara

Take your best single target burst spec for experts aoe dps is overrated and is not needed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fixya View Post

Really wanted to ask if I am missing something obvious that is letting some clerics do that 3-4m on the TDNM trash and the aoe mini boss (forget her name D something?).
    I burst that high if I have my 1 minute CDs available & put up a few buffs, then just spam AoE.

Rift Disciple

for shaman aoe once you have fervent strike up and 2 stacks of icy blow, apply frozen wrath and then spread FW with stike of the maelstrom then spam avalanche strike until you need to reapply FW/icy/FS...strike of the maelstrom is only used to spread FW it is NOT your main aoe spam in shaman

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fixya View Post

Shaman can do that amount but if you have other cleave it will eat into those number, Shaman and the class in general fails in throughput. Cabalist is even worse because it has poor throughput and its still a mana hog even after you get the final eternal.

Whats the best AoE spec for around lvl32? I keep getting **** from sabs and mages for my not so great AoE dmg on shaman (on prime).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by XBlackstarX View Post
    Whats the best AoE spec for around lvl32? I keep getting **** from sabs and mages for my not so great AoE dmg on shaman (on prime).
    Shaman has sick aoe that scaled beyond Sab and MA especially at 5 targets however you will need to be at Lv44 to do it because it requires VotP which is a Lv44 root ability.

At that level you can try Defiler or Cab.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by XBlackstarX View Post
    FW spread is awkward so you have to position yourself good. Other than that shaman isn't technically an AoE soul, Cabalist is and because it is RNG(based on mobs dying in a domino effect at a specific time) it can't usually compete with those other straightforward AoE souls. They did try to nerf MA and Sab through the gifts so that can help bring them more in line on Prime but that mechanic, although cool design concept has been impractical ever since NT. It performs worse as other classes begin to outgear the content. You will begin to wonder why all your damage is overkill since mobs die at same time more often.

Basically you are out of a good soul that can deal some decent AoE on 5 or so targets until you level to near max. In more than that your AoE soul won't be too good. You can however tank and deal some good AoE damage as a tank in the end game(compared to other tanks.) Cleric is still a good DPS Tank. Possibly the only reason to play cleric is for tanking. It may be the only thing that distinguishes them that devs haven't ripped away and made better in other classes.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-24-2018 at 06:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread