+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aedynn

Thread: returning level 60 cleric, would love some help with non raid builds

Rift Disciple

Default returning level 60 cleric, would love some help with non raid builds

Hey guys, haven't looked at my cleric in like 5 years though I was a raider back then. Everything seems foreign to me now. I'm sure the same builds/macros are no longer useful. I just logged in and bought the soul packs so I think I have all of them. Not interested in raiding at the moment, need to relearn everything first. But could anyone give me links to good solo/dungeon builds for dps/heal/tank for the cleric please? Keep in mind I'm level 60 at the moment if that matters.

I really appreciate any help guys, thanks a lot

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by THE Wulfgar View Post
    Hey guys, haven't looked at my cleric in like 5 years though I was a raider back then. Everything seems foreign to me now. I'm sure the same builds/macros are no longer useful. I just logged in and bought the soul packs so I think I have all of them. Not interested in raiding at the moment, need to relearn everything first. But could anyone give me links to good solo/dungeon builds for dps/heal/tank for the cleric please? Keep in mind I'm level 60 at the moment if that matters.

I really appreciate any help guys, thanks a lot
    They have the worse soul pack souls. They have barely been updated for 4.0 as well and many of the well known Clerics who promoted and supported the cleric community with guides and videos left the game.

I would say move to another class. The last class dev was a fan of rogue and primalist so those are still viable in this expansion.Warrior is good too although they have a spec that can really do it all and they have tempest for the other cases. I would stay away from Mages and Clerics. The last class dev was such a big fan of the rogue meta he tried to even turn Mage into a bow wielding class with its new soul.

I hope one day Rift will be great to play again as a cleric but right now they even get replaced as healers from warrior and rogues because those classes have incredible and unmatched throughput healing. Basically they can passively heal better than you can ever manually heal and most of the cleric class is all about manual.

They also have some really bad design choices. Defiler can kill itself in raids, Druid takes forever to ramp its damage, they added excessive preloading to shaman so it performs even worse in PvP. The reason why they did this was because of shamans incredible poor scaling. They have to add 100+% in just damage modifying abilities to get it viable. It could have made more sense if for every point they put in shaman it increased damage by 2.5% instead of 1. Albeit, Shaman is still fun to play and it still does well in raids.

All the payed souls are mostly useless outside of 0 point legendary abilities. Oracle is the absolute worse support in the game that even a non support is better support like chantion or healing necro. Runeshaper and Defiler are mostly dead at 61 points.

Mostly you will just play shaman(they revisited shaman like 10 times since NT to make it barely viable) for the expansion. Inquisitor doesn't have the cleave to compete with other specs and they added more abilities to an already convoluted rotation so even though it has lots of utility it can't really be used without making your dps drop significantly. It is still barely viable though. Tempest and MM with hellfire blades played right should top charts over inquisitor even in ST and they + ele, lock still blow them away in cleave. Cleric has the poorest range viable soul of the bunch because of lack of competitive ST with cleave.

Not sure about cabalist but they are just used for crowd control mostly. It is the AoE soul for cleric and it gets decimated by Sab from rogues.

The best tanks in this expansion in my opinion are Mage Tank and Rogue Tank with amazing cooldowns but most still regard cleric as having the best tank which I don't agree with at all. They were nerfed in this expansion and now they only have in battle rez. They only have access to one aoe pull too so they are poor as an add tank and other tanks dislike them because of obsessive aggro pulling.

Rogue seems to have the most viable souls while the other classes have either one trick ponies or barely viable souls.

In my opinion look for a class with a natural 1 sec. global cool down like rogue. Rogue kind of double benefits from having 50% faster reactionary time stacked with passive hots and dots which turns into massive registered hps and dps that can get out of line and this has been happening for 2 years now so it probably won't change.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-04-2018 at 01:31 PM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ompendium.html

maybe this has some answers for you?

+ Reply to Thread