• 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Aedynn
  • 1 Post By FateStayNight
  • 2 Post By Aedynn

Thread: State of cleric

Shadowlander

Default State of cleric

I've been MIA for about 10 months.When I left either Shaman or Inq were mostly equally viable for DPS, tanking and healing (I used Warden) were easy mode for Experts, and we were mostly meh for pvp. Anyone care to provide an update on the status of the class? I'm going to try to pick up where i left off on my planar armor / epic weapon (need 80/100 SFP experts).

Rift Disciple

clerics are in a decent spot right now...both shaman and inquis and even druid are viable for dps
    you can find guides for both shaman and druid on the forums....as for healing warden is in a good spot for a lot of stuff, sent is good for experts, puri is still raid viable(although its still mana hungry and kinda boring to play)

just check the cleric guide section out for some guides and dont let anyone tell you clerics suck and you should reroll.

Plane Touched

Druid is top dps spec in game atm given right conditions (no movement, no target swaps, requires melee I believe) and a lot of gear. All their healing souls do well in raid/experts. They make good tanks, because of the heals and battle rez. Oracle really is only used for one boss. So it's meh too. Overall, Clerics are in a good place and seem to be getting better. There are many Clerics who say Clerics are in a horrible place but these are the players who don't know how to play their class. Warriors are in the worst position atm, not for too long though. I think they are still meh in pvp, but I don't pvp so you can ignore this last opinion.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

61 oracle isnt even needed for the last boss....and the 2 oracle hybrids (oracle/warden and oracle/defiler) are really good specs the oracle/defiler one takes a bit of practice to get comfortable with tho

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bjourdo View Post
    I've been MIA for about 10 months.When I left either Shaman or Inq were mostly equally viable for DPS, tanking and healing (I used Warden) were easy mode for Experts, and we were mostly meh for pvp. Anyone care to provide an update on the status of the class? I'm going to try to pick up where i left off on my planar armor / epic weapon (need 80/100 SFP experts).
    If you enjoy fighting a target dummy 99% of the time then cleric is fine. If not reroll. I suggest primalist or rogue. They can do that +.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-24-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    If you enjoy fighting a target dummy 99% of the time then cleric is fine. If not reroll. I suggest primalist or rogue. They can do that +.
    please stop saying clerics are bad, because they aren't.....rogues are only doing the dmg they are doing because of how broken hellfire blades are. And primalists still need some more balancing. either you dont know how to play a cleric to its full potential or you play with some bad clerics. I personally dont have a problem doing over 1.2mill in raids, open world, or on the dummy, whether it be in inquis, shaman, or druid. sadly i can only get like 700k in my oracle/defiler hybrid spec on the dummy self buffed, but its a niche spec

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    please stop saying clerics are bad, because they aren't.....rogues are only doing the dmg they are doing because of how broken hellfire blades are. And primalists still need some more balancing. either you dont know how to play a cleric to its full potential or you play with some bad clerics. I personally dont have a problem doing over 1.2mill in raids, open world, or on the dummy, whether it be in inquis, shaman, or druid. sadly i can only get like 700k in my oracle/defiler hybrid spec on the dummy self buffed, but its a niche spec
    So in order for you to justify playing cleric you tell yourself the other classes are broken or OP for I don't know LAST 2.5 years. Plus, I never said cleric is bad. Other classes are better. I just say it how it is. You give excuse for it.

Edit.. not worth it.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-25-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Plane Walker

Cleric has a useless eternal proc. It really doesn't do much for the raids as there is a ton of overhealing already and bard hybrids can compete with full healers from cleric in raids.

Rogue eternal is % damage boost and they don't have to share it like in open world pve or dungeons and on dummy parse. It actually has effective dps unlike the cleric eternal HPS.

Cleric have 3 healing souls but Primalist and warrior are better healers(especially in PvP.)

Cleric have the most unplayable souls so most just play Shaman.

Runeshaper and Oracle at 61 are a joke and defiler is only good as a niche hybrid with oracle (which is also bugged because EoB not benefiting ER or AA@ 5 stacks so can't really get as good dps as other support archons who are doing about 1 million dps.)

Other bugslike can't combine runelord inscription with 1 sec gcd for ice and death ability from runicle and it won't reduce to .5 sec gcd so there is another runeoracle bug. They nerfed the hybrid (and for no reason because they didn't touch other hybrids like rogue and warrior.) No one now can figure out why since the other hybrids are doing tons of dps. This is a double standard.. I wonder why they deny cleric the proper 1 sec gcd or Ogcd utility in those souls which are 50% slower gcd and nerf all cleric support hybrids.

The druid takes almost 2 and half minutes to ramp up and except for a few fights which are not tank and spank in T2 and only if the raid allows melee is it worth using. If you go back and do old content (90% of the content being played for pve )bosses die so fast tha druid and its long ramp up become virtually useless. So they give cleric a broken spec when Raids have been follow a 5-6 sec. to burst for almost 7 years prior.

If it wasn't for Trion going back to raid drops Cleric would be obsolete in this expansion. You see regular TD?! They saw it would just force people to play the best class so when IROTP came out they revert to normal drops that have to roll or dkp so people will not stack OP classes like primalist and rogue.

Even warrior and mage are suffering because of not having natural 1 sec gcd btw. Rogue is great in PvP as well but if you want to do it all --dps tank and have second best support then Primalist is the best choice in pvp and pve.

Cleric is good for tanking in PvE, yes only PvE sadly they don't do good in PvP after they get nerfed so much. So cleric is in real bad position for pvp but most clerics left don't pvp that is why you have a problem. You see it all the time. "I don't PvP so I don't care." When in fact they should even if they don't. ATM cleric is good enough for end game raiding and you need top of the line gear to be competitive. In fact you can't compete even with some classes until you get fully upgraded eternal. And cleric is most dependent on eternal proc to fix the broken souls mana issues and dot/hot specs. If or when the eternal goes away Cleric will lose most of its functionality again.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-31-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Plane Touched

Your opinion on Cleric Vs Warrior healing is subjective. Warden is the better aoe healer in terms of raw hps and preemptive heals, it's probably the best in the game, in regards to pre-applying hots. Lib is better for shielding but can't put out the same amount of hps or overhealing a warden can. Warchanter is good mitigation and shielding, and some pure healing. Sent/Puri hybrids still do well.

And mage has 0.5s gcds in ele. That's why ele works and does the amount of dps it does.

And the dev's favorite class was the Rogue, so I assume that's why he favored it.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

I suggest you try it out yourself and look at the recent threads (activity on cleric section is limited, so it doesn't require much looking). Otherwise as predicted you'll get a range of views with typically the same couple of people slagging them off, and the rest saying they're decent. Hence you can't get a reliable answer. Or if you want to be the the most useful dpser out of your whole raid group whisper me and I'll give the right answers ;)

And yes, if you want to PvP, then don't choose cleric, unless you don't mind the handicap and like the challenge. There might be some PvP changes coming soon.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-25-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Walker

I believe 100% many don't know much about the potential of other classes in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAd6...ature=youtu.be Now go look how long it take druid to break 2.3million. People don't even know that 1.2 million was being achieved by other classes in LFR gear and still amazed at this from druid.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-25-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I believe 100% many don't know much about the potential of other classes in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAd6...ature=youtu.be Now go look how long it take druid to break 2.3million. People don't even know that 1.2 million was being achieved by other classes in LFR gear and still amazed at this from druid.
    Yes Cleric is the weakestest class ever in Rift, please buff.

Shadowlander

Thanks everyone for the responses, seems nothing much has changed in 8-10 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Please link a video of another class doing much better than cleric in ST, because I'm pretty sure 100% of us didn't state that primalist was balanced.

That kind of goes without saying.
    Last edited by Refuge; 02-02-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Walker

Here is perfect example:
    Back in SL they wanted so that rogue had all of its buffs on itself and the combo points were made to behave like this as well. This was a HUGE QoL issue with the class because it helped with target swap and burst.

What they did with cleric was inflate the problem and add in SEVERAL combo point like generating abilities in the form of stacks, debuffs and buffs (and RNG as well) that are on target and they applied everything they didn't like for the rogue class to cleric as a result ..

Cleric has been denied the proper revamps and QoL changes ever since SL where they loss their first class dev, or maybe second. And its been this way for years and years. Each revamp is filled with old style or new style thinking with old rehashed problems in a different costume.

If it was just some silly problem like getting ST dps similar ON A DUMMY to other classes it would be a very small issue to take up but cleric have huge problem which most can't even see.

I also believe one of the reasons cleric is the last to be worked on for issues going into each expansion since SL is because they don't have to come out straight. There are so many dedicated clerics in this game that stream and made youtube videos and players using 1 button shaman or ez mode tanking. So of course that helped to keep cleric alive even though they really are not worth playing over other classes.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-09-2018 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread