+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is Inq worth it?

Soulwalker

Question Is Inq worth it?

I prefer to play shaman, but I've heard that Inquisitor gets higher DPS? Is this true? And if so where would I even start, it looks like it has a very complicated rotation that wouldn't do well with target swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerraa View Post
    I prefer to play shaman, but I've heard that Inquisitor gets higher DPS? Is this true? And if so where would I even start, it looks like it has a very complicated rotation that wouldn't do well with target swap.
    It's needed if you want to dps in BoS as it's the range soul for clerics. Shaman can potentially push ahead of inq in single target fights (depending on the fight length) so there's nothing to worry about except if you want to raid BoS.

It's a fairly straightforward rotation but I guess nothing is more basic than 1 or 2 button macro ^^.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    It's needed if you want to dps in BoS as it's the range soul for clerics. Shaman can potentially push ahead of inq in single target fights (depending on the fight length) so there's nothing to worry about except if you want to raid BoS.

It's a fairly straightforward rotation but I guess nothing is more basic than 1 or 2 button macro ^^.
    I've been meleeing all of BoS with great result. Doing a lot more with Druid than I ever could with Inqusitor. It's definitely doable.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    I've been meleeing all of BoS with great result. Doing a lot more with Druid than I ever could with Inqusitor. It's definitely doable.
    would love to see how you melee the 2nd boss =/.....and inquisitor is at least 10+ buttons if played right

I mean maybe you knowing something I don't know, please share :P

I can see how druid would work on 2nd boss if you can actually stay in melee as there aren't any serious breaks except having to move out with time bomb.

Champion

I can see how druid would work on 2nd boss if you can actually stay in melee as there aren't any serious breaks except having to move out with time bomb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_JEt_Gm2M
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

He beats the primalist and rogue st damage on commander isiel
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...get&filter=all

Ascendant

Not possible, I thought Clerics is the worstest class in Rift ever according to this forum.

So which is it? Clerics is good or your rogues and primalists suck?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Not possible, I thought Clerics is the worstest class in Rift ever according to this forum.

All three of them do a pretty good job

Telaran

They just need to be tanked separately with the vindicator tank taunting the commander to remove the shield. Most groups keep both on one tank and that's fine - but that doesn't allow melee for the last 50%. There's still about 3-4 seconds of disconnect every 30 secs though but you can use that time to set up your next burst. We were going for the fastest kills so melee wasn't optional.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post

The primalist is the best one I know. We parse often. His burst is much higher and he can keep it for about 2 minutes before I can can catch up (and eventually outdps). Very rarely does this translate in a raid because of anti melee mechanics and him being fully ranged.

Clerics are in a great place atm. I guess it's just that druid is not all that popular because it's only truly useful with the eternal at it's final or penultimate stage.
    Last edited by Wynford; 01-13-2018 at 09:59 AM.

They just need to be tanked separately with the vindicator tank taunting the commander to remove the shield. Most groups keep both on one tank and that's fine - but that doesn't allow melee for the last 50%. There's still about 3-4 seconds of disconnect every 30 secs though but you can use that time to set up your next burst. We were going for the fastest kills so melee wasn't optional.
    Nice work there. It's a tactic we might consider so thanks for sharing.

In terms of druid on this boss, you are doing AoE, considering you peak on first phase for 2.2k. So I wonder how much single target you're actually doing. I mean surely shaman can pump as much AoE in first phase, you're doing 1 mill in second phase, so surely shaman can keep up with that too.

He does, but it's still on 1 mill, the rogues are in a similar boat, lots of AoE in first phase, dropping off in second phase.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-13-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Champion

In terms of druid on this boss, you are doing AoE, considering you peak on first phase for 2.2k. So I wonder how much single target you're actually doing. I mean surely shaman can pump as much AoE in first phase, you're doing 1 mill in second phase, so surely shaman can keep up with that too..
    His 2.2 m dps in the first phase is pure st damage without aoe.

I think the way for a fast kill is less AoE but more single target dps. Most Adds die in passive cleave from the rogues and warriors. A shaman with more cleave but less st dps would probably be less helpful. It is not important to kill adds quickly as long as your tanks don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I think the way for a quick kill is less AoE but more single target dps. Most Adds die in passive cleave from the rogues and warriors. A shaman with more cleave but less st dps would probably be less helpful.

This is very true but adds do carry farther into second phase and have caused some tank issues, they don't hit very hard but it is enough sometimes that combined with the other damage can kill your tank. Just needs to be managed better but you can definitely get through phase 1 faster with more st dps focus and it helps with p3 depending on your group build.

For me at least I pull more dps in melee st with 54nb, 61nb does more at range, and if done correctly I actually do more aoe dps in MM but taper off when adds are gone. I see alot that seem to have the best balance in MM on this fight but I'm just not as good at it usually.

Sorry for the rogue 2 cents I know it's a cleric question from OP. We have an awesome cleric and prim, both can pull ahead of our rogues in st fights, but I'm pretty sure our cleric is in melee when this happens.
    Misses MrWidoes 😔

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    His 2.2 m dps in the first phase is pure st damage without aoe.

I think the way for a fast kill is less AoE but more single target dps. Most Adds die in passive cleave from the rogues and warriors. A shaman with more cleave but less st dps would probably be less helpful. It is not important to kill adds quickly as long as your tanks don't die.
    Yes pretty much. Between the passive cleave from rogues and warchanter, they always go down before tank damage starts to reel in. They're for the most part irrelevant to the fight.
    Last edited by Wynford; 01-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Telaran

In terms of druid on this boss, you are doing AoE, considering you peak on first phase for 2.2k. So I wonder how much single target you're actually doing. I mean surely shaman can pump as much AoE in first phase, you're doing 1 mill in second phase, so surely shaman can keep up with that too.
    Druid has virtually no AoE (probably the worst in the game). It's 100% pure single target. Shaman can do 3M cleaving all the adds down but that would just be all fluff and you'd be sacrificing a ton of damage on the important target which just hurts the raid.

He does, but it's still on 1 mill, the rogues are in a similar boat, lots of AoE in first phase, dropping off in second phase.
    I think the damage shown on Commander Isiel takes into account the entire fights duration and not the time elapsed from her spawning. So it would show how much damage/dps was done to her in 5m43secs and not 4mins~ (the amount of time she was actually in combat)
    Last edited by Wynford; 01-13-2018 at 11:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast