+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor DPS Masteries

Default Inquisitor DPS Masteries

Looking for best suggestion for Masteries setting on level 70 DPS Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    Looking for best suggestion for Masteries setting on level 70 DPS Cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unusualbunny
    Ranged single target damage dealing spec. Currently the best ranged damage dealing spec for Clerics that also applies a 5% magic damage increase for the entire raid.
    61 Inquisitor | 10 Runeshaper | 5 Druid

Legendaries:
    Saction Heretic
    Bolt of Retribution
    Radical Coalescence
    Fervent Strike
    Inscribe Fate
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...lkBh0/!9k|TuXw

Masteries are at the bottom of the Magelo Soul Tree
    Last edited by Maltie; 11-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Sure would hate to lose Soul Stream, which would happen with the suggested masteries.

Telaran

You asked for DPS... Soul stream is a dps loss. - Whatever your reason for wanting it, remember you can change masteries at any time that you are not in combat.

Telaran

I recently re-spec'd from Inquis/Runeshaper/Sentinel to Inq/RS/Druid. I find getting into melee for Fervent Strike the biggest issue.

Is it worth it to swap out Benevolent Presence (62) for Blessing of Pentinence (62) to get the ranged Fervent Strike?

Also, I used to have Bolt of Light as an instance cast in my macros for when I was moving. Is there a good replacement for BoL now?

I'm still getting the hang of playing the spec.

Telaran

The ranged FS mastery is a bit of a dps loss yes; but it's not the end of the world either. I believe you shouldn't notice more than a ~10% drop in difference from good rotations. - If trying to juggle the melee bit + rotation is too difficult, then that could prove to be a bigger loss for you over time than just keeping it ranged. Vary a bit from player to player and fight to fight. But the overall dmg difference isn't huge.

Use Bolt of Judgement. As long as you don't have BoJ as legendary (and ya shouldn't...), then it's still instant cast. BoR's legendary casts BoJ with it, but it doesn't block BoJ being used normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    You asked for DPS... Soul stream is a dps loss. - Whatever your reason for wanting it, remember you can change masteries at any time that you are not in combat.
    The dps increase from punishing strike is not widely noticable, plus it doesn't fit nicely into rotations. You're more likely to get a wider standard deviation from rng than from using this ability.

Therefore if you like using soulstream then that's ok.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread