+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.3 Eternal Changes, Noticeable Change?

Default 4.3 Eternal Changes, Noticeable Change?

Just done a bit of a parsing and don't notice much difference in my dps as an inquisitor though the changes affected my flat damage and dots.

I'm no number cruncher, but I thought I would have noticed something substantial from a 10000 to 20000 jump, which now affects the other half of my abilities.

Kinda lost with this flat damage malarkey.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Just done a bit of a parsing and don't notice much difference in my dps as an inquisitor though the changes affected my flat damage and dots.

I'm no number cruncher, but I thought I would have noticed something substantial from a 10000 to 20000 jump, which now affects the other half of my abilities.

Kinda lost with this flat damage malarkey.
    For Inqusitor? No - not much. For Shaman and Druid, it's significantly increased their dps. Unfortunately, t2 doesn't favor either of the latter.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-25-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

So flat damage always benefits shaman and druid a lot more? That would explain why shamans on last eternal tier are doing decent dps. Do you know particularly why this is?

Could you also clarify why t2 doesn't do shamans and druids any good? I can't think of anything except stats simply scaling up. Thanks.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-26-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

As I understand it could be how certain buffs/debuffs interact with flat values. Shaman's Frozen Wrath debuff doubles the damage of VotWS - including the value received by the weapon buff (which effectively increases it's damage by 300+%). Shaman also has tons of procs firing off all the time which take full advantage of the weapon (EoL/IoB).

A druids Resounding Blow buffs all life damage by 100% - this includes the flat values from the weapon.

As for T2, druid suffers the most. Shaman could still work with its excellent cleave and almost lossless target switching and a good player can circumvent some of the melee unfriendly mechanics.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Rift Chaser

I haven't had a chance to test yet since I've been mostly tanking lately, but I've been wondering if anyone has seen a DPS increase with Inquisitor by swapping inscribe fate for legendary bolt of light or the Oracle legendary.

Had anyone had a chance to play around with these yet?

The procs should see a bump with the eternal, and not having to refresh inscribe fate should allow an extra 4 BoR's in the rotation per minute.
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-29-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    As I understand it could be how certain buffs/debuffs interact with flat values. Shaman's Frozen Wrath debuff doubles the damage of VotWS - including the value received by the weapon buff (which effectively increases it's damage by 300+%). Shaman also has tons of procs firing off all the time which take full advantage of the weapon (EoL/IoB).

A druids Resounding Blow buffs all life damage by 100% - this includes the flat values from the weapon.

As for T2, druid suffers the most. Shaman could still work with its excellent cleave and almost lossless target switching and a good player can circumvent some of the melee unfriendly mechanics.
    I see, thanks for the update. In terms of T2 I see you meant mechanics instead of any stat changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I haven't had a chance to test yet since I've been mostly tanking lately, but I've been wondering if anyone has seen a DPS increase with Inquisitor by swapping inscribe fate for legendary bolt of light or the Oracle legendary.
    It seems like you're not using rune of pain with legendary sanction heretic? Otherwise this statement would hold no meaning.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-30-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

I see, thanks for the update. In terms of T2 I see you meant mechanics instead of any stat changes.

It seems like you're not using rune of pain with legendary sanction heretic? Otherwise this statement would hold no meaning.
    You could proc sanction with wasting insignia since you'd lose the ability to cast seal of pain.

That said I did give this a whirl. I normally parse around 950k with the standard Inquisitor build. I was about 880k with IoB after a 5 minute parse.

You could proc sanction with wasting insignia since you'd lose the ability to cast seal of pain.

That said I did give this a whirl. I normally parse around 950k with the standard Inquisitor build. I was about 880k with IoB after a 5 minute parse.
    Well firstly the Oracle Legendary only increases healing, not damage, this seems quite obvious or have I overlooked something?

Secondly Wasting Insignia only procs every 1.5secs unlike seal of pain which procs every 1 sec, so you'll only get 4 explosions instead of 6, a big dps loss.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Well firstly the Oracle Legendary only increases healing, not damage, this seems quite obvious or have I overlooked something?

Secondly Wasting Insignia only procs every 1.5secs unlike seal of pain which procs every 1 sec, so you'll only get 4 explosions instead of 6, a big dps loss.
    You'd take legendary Insignia of blood not wasting insignia as your legendary.

Anyway, I already tested it and the damage is significantly less even with the eternal change.

You'd take legendary Insignia of blood not wasting insignia as your legendary.

Anyway, I already tested it and the damage is significantly less even with the eternal change.
    Well if you meant that then ye, a loss in 15% for a poor DoT will of course be substantially less
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Well if you meant that then ye, a loss in 15% for a poor DoT will of course be substantially less
    The point from the start was to trade a few ticks of sanction and 15% damage for IoB and a couple BoJ's /BoD per minute.

The eternal change altered shaman a great deal. My question was could Inquisitor be similarly modified.

The DoT has little to do with it other than a way to proc sanction.

+ Reply to Thread