+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid help!

Soulwalker

Default Druid help!

so ive been playing druid since i made my character and now im about level 43 and im wondering if there are any guides or builds i can follow. ive found a few but theyre all from like 2013 and most of the builds and guides i see on the forums are about paid souls and shaman. so can someone link me a skill build with macros and stuff . also people are saying druid is bad now is that true?
    Last edited by bemagnificentt; 10-16-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Druid is bad for DPS but good for survivability. It can take some time to kill things, but you're pretty durable. This isn't as good as it used to be due to changes about 4.1, but it should be fine for your purposes. (BTW you might do better with Shaman and a druid offsoul. IDK that build though.)

http://riftraids.weebly.com/survival-druid.html

For skills you don't have yet be sure to comment them out like so:

//cast fae mimicry

Here's the build:

Pet Usage:
    Since you took Faerie Healer as a legendary you don't need your healer pet to keep you alive. Use your Greater Satyr Destroyer for extra DPS. (Ignore this until you can take legendaries)

Buffs:
    Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    Armor of Devotion (More DPS) OR Armor of Treachery (More survivability)
    Don't use Conduit of Nature

Spam Macro:
    #show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fae Mimicry
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Nature's Censure
    cast Shield of Oak
    ​cast Peace of the Forest (Optional. You keep from being mana starved automatically at the cost of possibly murdering yourself.)

AoE Macro
    #show Wild Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    yell Lol, I only have one AoE spell, but I made a macro for it anyway because the guide said so! I'm such a noob!
    cast Wild Strike

Situational Spells:
    Interrupts: Notion Theft, Grim Silence (Also stuns on a long cooldown)
    Cleanse: Hidden Path
    Pull: Fae Extraction (As long as the mobs aren't chained together you can use this to pulling individual mobs out of packs without aggroing the others.)
    Teleport: Fae Step Teleport
    Sleep: Slumber (10 second sleep)
    Damage Reduction: Strength of the fae
    Mana Regen: Peace of the Forest
    Crowd Control Removal: Break Free
    ​Purge: Purge. It does it twice

Rotation:
    Hit your spam macro until everything is dead except you.
    If you run out of mana (this does happen) either hit Peace of the Forest or change your Faith's Freedom out for Meditation on the next pull.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Telaran

That is an extreme over-simplification for the rotation as it changes drastically past level 44 on any fight that will last longer than 15sec...

There are a number of good hybrid options for druid, including going 48/28justicar, 44/32shaman and others.

Keeping a 61 druid in mind though, and adding to the previous post... All that works until you're 44+ points in. Then it changes around a bit depending on the length of the encounter having to juggle between using Nature's Censure, and Nature's Edict. At 48+ points, this juggling becomes even more important due to Crushing Force doubling Edict's bonus damage. You also need to always have Eruption of Life on your target (which i fail to see why that wasn't mentioned in there anywhere...) - Simply use it at the onset of the fight, and then above macro will make sure it's always on the target until it's dead.

If 1 on 1 fights are still proving too difficult and you need more heals, again sticking with the previous posted build, swap out the Satyr Destroyer for the Fairy Seer (their abilities proc Salvation, and the one ability hits about 8 times in a row...) or the greater fairy healer. Alternatively/Also you can exchange Fervent Strike for Strike of Judgement (this procs greater heals from Salvation and also becomes a dps gain once you have access to legendaries)

... As an aside, Vengeance of the Winter Storm is a shaman buff; which is not a part of the build in that link at all

https://imgur.com/QZ8W3pO

Macro 1 :
    Spoiler!

Macro 2 :
    Spoiler!

Get your Eruption of Life / Crushing Force / Nature's Edict on target (5stacks)
    ALWAYS apply Crushing Force BEFORE Nature's Edict

Then spam macro 1, when essence strike is avaible use Resounding Blow then macro 2 (if Fae Mimicry is ready you will use your macro 2 three times in a row then Resounding Blow again -> Back to macro 1)

This spec is quite easy to play, works only on pure ST fight, no target swap or disconnect.
    I get really good results with this spec, this is my highest dps spec on cleric. Better than Sham or Inqui. Currently 800k+ dummy 72 on live and above 1M dps on PTS.
    (Weapon IROTP phase / 4700 CritPower / 33k wisdom / 67k Spell power in Druid spec shown above for reference)/

Ascendant

61 Druid is incredibly good on PTS, but you won't get the result with simplified 1/2 button spam.

Your finesse during fae mimicry block dictates if your Druid is below 61 shaman or demolishing nightblade straight up in pure single target.

Also note that fae mimicry also further double dips the Momnx Claw, and unlike Inquisitor you get 2 fae mimicry burn blocks during 1 lava field (on top of flaring power), basically means Druid scales like crazy in raid.

Edit: the scaling is emphasized once you reach eternal 7 and are CP capped.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 10-17-2017 at 02:24 PM.

61 Druid is incredibly good on PTS, but you won't get the result with simplified 1/2 button spam.
    Definitly agree with that one, the spec is composed of "only" 2 macro and 4-5 off macro spells and is still one of the complicated spec to play at the moment. It's all about the timing.
    For the people that can't play optimal shaman / inqui, this spec isn't an easy way for good dps. Stay on 1 button shammy.

Telaran

Druid help!-druid-pts.jpg

Druid is the best pure ST DPS for clerics atm and in 4.3 (PTS) it will get even better as stated above.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-18-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Attachment 32203

Druid is the best pure ST DPS for clerics atm and in 4.3 (PTS) it will get even better as stated above.
    Still the issue is that it only outperforms sham in certain circumstances and can take a significant hit to dps on any target swap.

That and it takes alot more effort than sham to play to that level (not that I see that as a terribly bad thing).

But yeah, druid being a spec that has incredible damage scaling (from tooltip values) gets a huge bonus from eternal weapon on all abilities (and EoL especially).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Attachment 32203

Mediocre at best. They are not doing 2million like other classes can.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Mediocre at best. They are not doing 2million like other classes can.
    Yea I am sure all the rogues and primalist are doing over 2 million dps over 3 minutes self buffed on dummies.

Currently, people able to parse 1.5M on dummy selfbuffed without eternal can be really happy already... I doubt much people can achiev 2M

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    There are a number of good hybrid options for druid, ....., 44/32shaman and others.
    Can you post the spec, what skillpoints to select, please? Looking for a good spec for leveling and open world.
    My Cleric is atm level 50.

Edit:
    I'm also looking for a heal/support build for open world content, rifts, IAs.
    Last edited by Echidna; 01-18-2018 at 09:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread