Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By pyriann
  • 1 Post By Kreezhem
  • 3 Post By Ora pro nobis
  • 3 Post By Ora pro nobis

Thread: defiler 4.2

Soulwalker

Default defiler 4.2

i love playing defiler (cleric soul). but it need to be buffed (like runeshaper). it's a very fun soul and usefull because it's a mobile range spec. or maybe i'm bad with it and i can do the same damage as inquisitor or shaman. (if i made mistake in my message sorry but i'm not really good for speal english)

It's not really good as full soul right now. But you there is an hybrid oracle / defiler doing pretty good. I'd say it's the best 41points support spec as dps. If for whatever reason you don't have a bard with you

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    i love playing defiler (cleric soul). but it need to be buffed (like runeshaper). it's a very fun soul and usefull because it's a mobile range spec. or maybe i'm bad with it and i can do the same damage as inquisitor or shaman. (if i made mistake in my message sorry but i'm not really good for speal english)
    My words. Defiler is a very good spec. but his damagetable is to low. Keynes nerfed Defiler from 4.0. to 4.1. but nobody know why. On the other side he buffed Rogue Hellfire Blades in 4.1. and now Nightblades did nearly the double damage with cleve.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Soulwalker

Actualy i use the 38 defiler 38 inquisitor 0 druid one. 4.0/4.1 defiler was too much powerfull. It was possible to do 500k at spe in st even if it was a bit difficult to play. I think the "finisher" must take a +10-20% and bond of pain must have a 30 sec cd instead of 1 min. I think i can do 780k on practice dummy if i don't fail. (I have a full t1 gear and no vp trincket).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    Actualy i use the 38 defiler 38 inquisitor 0 druid one. 4.0/4.1 defiler was too much powerfull. It was possible to do 500k at spe in st even if it was a bit difficult to play. I think the "finisher" must take a +10-20% and bond of pain must have a 30 sec cd instead of 1 min. I think i can do 780k on practice dummy if i don't fail. (I have a full t1 gear and no vp trincket).
    Legendary "Bolt of Judgment" procs at this time on 3 Targets nearly every 1.5 to 3 sec with Defiler. Thats why he did at least so much damage. But at the current state Defiler is broken.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Soulwalker

Bolt of judgment have a cd of 6sec now. I speak for st. The problems
    with defiler are the legendary points. Two healing legendary for a dps is too much... why not change healing bonus for damage bonus ?
    Last edited by pyriann; 09-06-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Cleric isn't in a bad spot right now. Devs have more important concern on nerfing rogue cleave / prima dps and boosting mage / war dps

Rift Disciple

hi all. i have just tried the "new" defiler and noticed a very strange thing - after about 1 minute dummy parse, my cleric dies, killed by the miserly affliction i think. i apply all the dots but siphon vitality seems not able to regain enough life to survive next miserly.
    is this happening to anyone else? or am i missing something?

btw, hitting all these dots is funny but makes me crazy, i'd really like to see a dot refresh ability like the mages' warlock

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    or am i missing something?:
    Casting your Greed spells consumes HP. You need to make sure that you have points in Husk of Indifference, Cardial Conversion, and possibly Scarred Heart.

Note that Miserly procs like crazy, basically pushing you straight to 4-5 greed stacks each gcd used for it; so taking Legendary AA for the 30% HP heal isn't a terrible idea either, scenario depending. You basically get to just jump back and fourth between the two: MA>AA>MA>AA. (long as all the other dots are up, naturally).

Rift Disciple

taking legendary AA instead of rage extraction solved the problem

still parsing quite low anyway, and target switching is simply terrible.
    have i ever said that i'm missing warlock's Salvage Corruption / Deathly Pall ???

Rift Disciple

They should have just kept it as a Heals/AoE DPS soul. If they wanted to do away with the links, that's fine. It used to be quite fun to play in its old incarnation.

+ Reply to Thread