+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neurotix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Clerics and Strength

Default Clerics and Strength

It used to be that Strength was not a Cleric value, but now some cleric items come with strength stats.

So do I need Strength now?

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    It used to be that Strength was not a Cleric value, but now some cleric items come with strength stats.

I can't see how it is. It's the RNG gone wild.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post

I am not aware of any item that contains both (for example) wisdom and strength. I would assume if you've found such an item it is a bug.

What you might be seeing is an item that clerics *can* wield, but is not actually a cleric item. Like clerics and warriors can both equip 2 hand weapons, but that does not mean a two handed weapon with strength on it is meant for clerics.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 08-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Strength is LITERALLY USELESS to Clerics. The "cleric item" - could you share its name? - is not a cleric item, by virtue of the fact that it has strength on it.

If a piece of chain armor has strength on it, that's a bug because strength is for warriors, and warriors wear plate, not chain.
    If a hammer has strength on it, that's weird, but not a bug, and still not a cleric item.
    If you are allowed to equip any item (armor or weapon) with strength on it, that does not make it a cleric item, and does not imply that you should equip it.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-22-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Strength is useless for Clerics

Sorry- you have been visited by RNGesus. You need Wisdom and crit or stamina based on what you spec'd. You have to keep "rolling" for pieces and or planar frags with wisdom or crit power. CP is hard to come by. Good luck.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Sorry- you have been visited by RNGesus.
    That is not the most useful conclusion when the OP neglected to give a single example.

This would most likely be a bug, but as no specific information was given, there is also little to be done here.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Default RNG is a thing.

Thank you for your response Tacitus. Perhaps there is not enough specificity in the OP. That said- in planar fragments alone the RNG is beyond frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread