+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Clerics and Strength

Default Clerics and Strength

It used to be that Strength was not a Cleric value, but now some cleric items come with strength stats.

So do I need Strength now?

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    It used to be that Strength was not a Cleric value, but now some cleric items come with strength stats.

I can't see how it is. It's the RNG gone wild.

Plane Touched

I am not aware of any item that contains both (for example) wisdom and strength. I would assume if you've found such an item it is a bug.

What you might be seeing is an item that clerics *can* wield, but is not actually a cleric item. Like clerics and warriors can both equip 2 hand weapons, but that does not mean a two handed weapon with strength on it is meant for clerics.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 08-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Strength is LITERALLY USELESS to Clerics. The "cleric item" - could you share its name? - is not a cleric item, by virtue of the fact that it has strength on it.

If a piece of chain armor has strength on it, that's a bug because strength is for warriors, and warriors wear plate, not chain.
    If a hammer has strength on it, that's weird, but not a bug, and still not a cleric item.
    If you are allowed to equip any item (armor or weapon) with strength on it, that does not make it a cleric item, and does not imply that you should equip it.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-22-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Plane Touched

Default Strength is useless for Clerics

Sorry- you have been visited by RNGesus. You need Wisdom and crit or stamina based on what you spec'd. You have to keep "rolling" for pieces and or planar frags with wisdom or crit power. CP is hard to come by. Good luck.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Sorry- you have been visited by RNGesus.
    That is not the most useful conclusion when the OP neglected to give a single example.

This would most likely be a bug, but as no specific information was given, there is also little to be done here.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Plane Touched

Default RNG is a thing.

Thank you for your response Tacitus. Perhaps there is not enough specificity in the OP. That said- in planar fragments alone the RNG is beyond frustrating.

I had forgotten about this thread/post and just now found it so here goes.
    The item I received from who knows where as a reward was a two handed weapon that had strength stats and was stated as being for warriors/clerics/and something else... Can't remember.

My issue was how could it be rated for Clerics yet have Strength attributes.
    Seemed confusing and contradictory to me.

That led me on the path to inquire through forums to ask if Strength was now an applicable statistic for Clerics as a result of the recent regular upgrades.

Hopefully, this explains a bit..

Best regards....

usable by != recommended for

rift isn't a game where you can literally only equip items that are specified by your class.

Here i log into the Forums and see low and behold their actually is activity in the Cleric threads. Maybe someone will be talking about some new and exciting thing to make me feel like Cleric's are viable again? Sadly, I see this. Thank you all for getting my hopes up you are all Miracles

Grievance is a family-oriented online gaming community. The concepts of family, honor, and loyalty are hallmarks of Grievance and are expected to be upheld and respected by all members.

Still getting the occasional weapon the says rated for Cleric with stats of Strength which makes no sense to me....

Still getting the occasional weapon the says rated for Cleric with stats of Strength which makes no sense to me....
    Just because a Cleric CAN equip it, doesn't mean they should. What makes a Cleric item is having more wisdom than int, nothing else.

You still haven't shared an item name or screenshot.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 11-04-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Plane Touched

This game has many places that make no sense. Get use to it! To me it makes no sense that you even play cleric unless you want to tank and lead raids? Every other role is better in every other class and even the tanking of other classes is more fun and useful in PvP.

In this case you have always been able to equip some items to check out their appearances. And it made sense with the wardrobe system implementation to keep some classes able to use certain appearances of other classes. It is not totally done right but at least cleric can use most wardrobe options for weapons except for bows.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 11-05-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    This game has many places that make no sense. Get use to it! To me it makes no sense that you even play cleric unless you want to tank and lead raids? Every other role is better in every other class and even the tanking of other classes is more fun and useful in PvP.
    Sounds like you haven't played cleric recently in PvE / raids. cant argue much about the PvP part tho.
    Unusualbunny@gelidra
    [ Stack on 8 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post

In this case you have always been able to equip some items to check out their appearances. And it made sense with the wardrobe system implementation to keep some classes able to use certain appearances of other classes. It is not totally done right but at least cleric can use most wardrobe options for weapons except for bows.
    Cleric is in a much much better shape now than it was in 4.2, because of the eternal Changes especially.

Warden is top healing spec now.

Shaman and inq are both viable as hell.

Druid got buffed ridicoulusly much, almost as much you would Think its clerics new top dps spec (altho its debatable according to some clerics).

Warrior is the only class that has been crapped on, their only top dps now is a hybrid healing/aoe spec where the dps are procced by using your heals.......... and even then there seems to be some sort of bug where you do double the dps as well.

Clerics or no other class are in no position to complain about being underperforming than warriors.

Note: this is not troll/baiting, this is just facts from ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast