+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help request

Soulwalker

Default Help request

The Primalist class got balanced from week to week. I wish Trion did the same to our class. We had other fights to handle.

Two Months ago, we fight at the forum for upgrades and we got it. The current state is:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1502760314.png
    Picture: Nightblade St Damage VS Cleric ST Damage Shamen, Runenshaper

We perform like a rogue – how is one tier lower. But we enjoy the game and a lot us are able to beat stronger classes because the player behind the screen makes the difference. I am in a very good none-progress guild and we try different tactics in TD Normal and I feel that the class need a push to the cleave specs.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1502761022.jpg
    Picture: Nightblade Cleave VS Defiler Cleave

Defiler at least is so underrated. His cleave does 2/3 damage of a one tier lower rogue. I put the parser in the picture at 1st and 2nd position. 3rd place is a parser of the cabalist. At this point it is get more and more impossible to play. This hurts. I still upgrade but I have no chance. At this point I really need some help from the devs.

I also note that Furious Might give a Buff +15% Damage but if Fervent Strike aktive he only give ~10% Damage. It seems that other buff have the same problem.
    Last edited by Ora pro nobis; 08-20-2017 at 08:12 AM.

The cleave / aoe of cleric is ranged, the rogue one is melee. As it should be melee > range. But i agree the difference is quite big.

Oh and BTW, fervent strike already count as Elemental damage buff, so it already gets the 30% damage increase from Fervent Strike.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 08-14-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    The cleave / aoe of cleric is ranged, the rogue one is melee. As it should be melee > range. But i agree the difference is quite big.
    He does 10% more dps at 20m range than top Tier marksmen - right now with a melee spec.

But it doesnt matter at all because he didnt need help

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Oh and BTW, Fervent Strike already count as Elemental damage buff, so it already gets the 30% damage increase from Fervent Strike.
    I asked for an upgrade. Fervent Strike (+15% all types of damage) - Elemental damage (+15%) - Death Damage (+15%).
    Last edited by Ora pro nobis; 08-14-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

He does 10% more dps at 20m range than top Tier marksmen - right now with a melee spec.
    That has to do with the fact that marksman sucks. It's worse than any other classes ranged main spec.

I do not believe that buffing fervent strike is a good idea. That will make the druid spec mandatory (even more than it is now) which will result in :
    -Druid being never a viable spec
    -Less customization
    -Less diversity --> less fun overall.

Instead there could be some buff on the cabalist legendary, make the shaman legendary an option and tons of other stuffs. That will allow people to choose their legendaries and make their own build, one legendary could be a dot, another one a buff and the last one a OGCD ability to burst for example.

Since 4.0 the rogue is stuck with Ranger offsoul and it's really annoying as it brings nothing to the gameplay, and not taking it instantly makes your spec not competitive.

Be careful what buff you ask for, because you might end up having high damage, but playing a boring spec --> Nightblade alike.

Kinda off topic but i still wanted to mention :

It's pretty much the same idea with the Gaze of Omnox trinket. It's clearly the best trinket for DPS and it will affect the gameplay of raiders way too much. Since it's 10M range even ranged souls will have to go in melee now. The lack of other strong options due to a bad balance make the gameplay flat and unidirectional. Go melee even if you play ranged soul or get bad dps output.

I'm not a rocket science engineer , but it seems pretty obvious that when DPS get around 1M DPS in raid, a 20% buff for 15 seconds is pretty insane.
    To compete with it we have a 50k x 3 damage boost (melee) or 95k x 3 damage boost (range) every 1 minute and 30 seconds.
    To put it clearly into a comparison, on one side we have a 3million damage per proc and on the other side a 300k damage per proc.
    Yes you read it correctly, it is indeed 10 times stronger and the proc frequency is around 1.30 minute too.

On the same idea, next Eternal weapon upgrade, Warriors are going to laugh their ***** off when they will get 50% damage boost 10 seconds out of 20.

Please Trion, it will be much easier for you, and much more enjoyable for us to have less % damage boost and more flat numbers. It's simply impossible to balance % on one side and flat numbers on the other side while the base dps (gear) evolve.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 08-14-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Soulwalker

Balancing is a really hard work for the devs but the most player didnít see that. The devs got flamed, tarred and feathered for nearly everything they do. The good think is Ė is there problem not mine.

i work in the production and we had only problems with products that wont work. Thats the reason why i opened this thread. Thanks to god that we dont need to work on products who work much better as it should.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ora pro nobis View Post
    The Primalist class got balanced from week to week. I wish Trion did the same to our class.
    Primalist is not getting balanced, it getting nerfed in each patch. Be careful what you wish for.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

I know it is hard to balance a game. Their are making their task harder by using % damage increase which scale much faster and much better than flat damage. Which means even if they come to a perfect equilibrium between classes, if they release 1 new piece of gear the game will be greatly unbalanced again.

Also, primalist is still not balanced, nor rogue nightblade. If devs asked the players they could get valuable help to balance specs out instead of randomly nerfing the highest damage spell.
    For example to nerf nightblade, you should not nerf his cleave or versatility. That's what the spec is so supposed to have. Instead they should nerf a part of the burst and some of the st potential. Which will result in something like getting dark descent damage buff down to 20% from 65%. Or even removing dark descent bonus damage but give the aoe finisher one more target to hit.

That will make the spec good at cleave, and correct for single target with addphases.

Balance will not only affect classes strength comparing to each other. But allow the players willing to, to learn different specs and use the correct one for each encounter instead of taking the same spec on all bosses.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 08-15-2017 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread