+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do we spec as inquisitor now?

Default How do we spec as inquisitor now?

How are clerics speccing for inquisitor now? Have we noticed a significant buff with fervent strike due to elemental damage being 30%?

Am I to melee range buff it or sacrifice the inquisitor buffs for a 20m radius??
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

sac the buffs and take the range on fervent strike

If you can get a melee hit in, use the inquisitor 5% crit buff. if you need to be ranged get ranged fervent, this will probably be the most used variant.
    Last edited by FierceDeityy; 07-20-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    3/3 TF 10/11 HK 4/4 HM IGP 8/9 HM MoM

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeityy View Post
    If you can get a melee hit in, use the inquisitor 5% crit buff. if you need to be ranged get ranged fervent, this will probably be the most used variant.
    If you can get in melee then you should be using shaman

Is shaman parsing higher then after patch? I know it did pre-patch, just about with blue weapon, but I read somewhere the 30% additional buff on elemental damage benefits inquisitor more.

Also, what is better; 5% increased damage or 10% increased spell power?

I'm almost think of investing 10 in druid and 5 in runeshaper rather than the other way round. Has anyone considered therefore if 5 in sentinel is better than 5 I'm runeshaper? As in, does the 30 duration have a significant enough impact on the 20 second duration to compensate for the decreased ability damage (and lack of 1% from soul)
    Fwob - Zaviel

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Is shaman parsing higher then after patch? I know it did pre-patch, just about with blue weapon, but I read somewhere the 30% additional buff on elemental damage benefits inquisitor more.

Also, what is better; 5% increased damage or 10% increased spell power?

I'm almost think of investing 10 in druid and 5 in runeshaper rather than the other way round. Has anyone considered therefore if 5 in sentinel is better than 5 I'm runeshaper? As in, does the 30 duration have a significant enough impact on the 20 second duration to compensate for the decreased ability damage (and lack of 1% from soul)
    Shaman is parsing higher then before the update because of the other buffs. But my old build, without legendary fervent strike keeps parsing higher then my new build with LFS. It seems like it's a DPS loss, or I'm doing something wrong.

Soulwalker

I'm personally going for 61 Inq, 10 Druid, 5 Runeshaper.
    Regarding Runeshaper vs. Sentinel, I actually use Seal of Pain, so that rules out Sentinel. As to why I'm using Seal of Pain, I've dropped Legendary Perseverance for Legendary Sanction, and Seal of Pain is what triggers it. This means less mobility, but a noticeable dps increase.

As for the Fervent Strike, I swap the masteries depending on what the fights are or what my mood is. I'll generally go with range 20 mastery, however if I'm willing and able to get into melee range once a minute, I'll swap it back to stacking armors mastery for the dps gain.

Overal I'm happy with how Inq is at the moment, we got a decent number of options, and the dps keeps up reasonably well with shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevash View Post
    I'm personally going for 61 Inq, 10 Druid, 5 Runeshaper.
    Regarding Runeshaper vs. Sentinel, I actually use Seal of Pain, so that rules out Sentinel. As to why I'm using Seal of Pain, I've dropped Legendary Perseverance for Legendary Sanction, and Seal of Pain is what triggers it. This means less mobility, but a noticeable dps increase.

As for the Fervent Strike, I swap the masteries depending on what the fights are or what my mood is. I'll generally go with range 20 mastery, however if I'm willing and able to get into melee range once a minute, I'll swap it back to stacking armors mastery for the dps gain.

Overal I'm happy with how Inq is at the moment, we got a decent number of options, and the dps keeps up reasonably well with shaman.

I can't believe dropping perseverance gives a dps gain, but I'll certainly try it out! Must be weird then how bolt of depravity does less than your bolt of retribution, but you still need to cast it to keep it to 1 sec. Thanks for the info!

Edit: God dam I love you Tevash, has this always been the case?! I remember so many saying it didn't cause more.
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-23-2017 at 02:14 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I can't believe dropping perseverance gives a dps gain, but I'll certainly try it out! Must be weird then how bolt of depravity does less than your bolt of retribution, but you still need to cast it to keep it to 1 sec. Thanks for the info!

Edit: God dam I love you Tevash, has this always been the case?! I remember so many saying it didn't cause more.
    Always been the case. But no one really talked about it. Using EoL just during burst with shaman can also bring up its dps..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-24-2017 at 05:58 AM.

This somewhat opens up a whole new ball game for me when related to the opener and when to use fanaticism and Zealotry. I'm finding this part quite hard to test.

Am I right to think every tic of Aggressive Inquisition benefits from the 3 stacks of zealotry? But only 1 tic with fanaticism? (It doesn't seem to be affected by the 3 stacks of zealotry if you use it with fanaticism, correct me if I'm wrong). This suggests to me, use fanaticism with retribution, then cast Inquisition on 3 stacks, then 2 more retributions to fully benefit from a fanaticism. (I'm guessing before it should have been fanaticism with instant bolt of depravity, then to inquisition, which I wasn't doing, oops).

The only other skill that seems to benefit from Zealotry/Fanaticism is Scourge, correct me if I'm wrong, but each tick does benefit from 3 stacks of Zealotry, though I can't see it being viable to rebuff after Fanaticism considering Sanction and Seal would be a waste with it (and you want to do all 3 together).
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-25-2017 at 03:56 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Im still trying to figure out where to use fanaticism too. Its the only part of the rotation I don't feel I have min-maxed

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    Im still trying to figure out where to use fanaticism too. Its the only part of the rotation I don't feel I have min-maxed
    Fanaticism->Abilty that consumes it->AI

You have to use it on the ability prior to using AI.

LOL obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    LOL obviously.
    Well then it shouldn't be hard to figure out where to use it.

It's a 30 second C/D so either you use it only for AI, or you use it for AI and IMMEDIATELY when it's off c/d so that the next 30 seconds it's off C/D again for AI.

But then again AI is going to be off c/d slightly sooner than 1min. So using fanaticism on c/d will push AI back a gcd or two. So it's not rocket science, either use it on C/D or save it only for AI.

Soulwalker

For 10 Druid, do you guys put 5 points into Guiding Hand or Mercurial? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast