+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do we spec as inquisitor now?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    For 10 Druid, do you guys put 5 points into Guiding Hand or Mercurial? Thanks!
    Should put them into Guiding Hand since the other one will only work on abilities that are instant as the base cast time(i.e. no buffs or other abilities that make them instant) and channeled abilities are not classified as instant

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Well then it shouldn't be hard to figure out where to use it.

It's a 30 second C/D so either you use it only for AI, or you use it for AI and IMMEDIATELY when it's off c/d so that the next 30 seconds it's off C/D again for AI.

But then again AI is going to be off c/d slightly sooner than 1min. So using fanaticism on c/d will push AI back a gcd or two. So it's not rocket science, either use it on C/D or save it only for AI.
    So before we used it on the BOD right before AI to crit BODbod and go into stacks for AI. For min-max purposes I think a fanaticism before BOR actually is more dps now. So using it to crit BOR then use stacks for AI (after RC for double ticks) should be more dps. Im going to mess around with it a bit more this weekend when I have time. Because of the double ticks in RC legendary it may pay to hold it, use it on a BOJ rather than a BOD and only before RC is my thought.
    Last edited by Dragynkyn; 07-26-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Should put them into Guiding Hand since the other one will only work on abilities that are instant as the base cast time(i.e. no buffs or other abilities that make them instant) and channeled abilities are not classified as instant
    Thank you so much for the reply!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Does that mean that DoTs don't gain any damage from that talent also?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noxxxii View Post
    Does that mean that DoTs don't gain any damage from that talent also?
    dot's are instant at the base, so yes they will get that benefit

a friend of mine tested it and it was a dps loss for him. Granted there are alot more things at play that make things like this much more individual, especially fragments/ cp. I finally have my eternal grind weapon (i took a break and was behind a bit) and will have some time to test a few things this weekend.

For those asking about Eruption of Life, don't use with Inquisitor spec. The damage from this will not proc Legendary Sanction Heretic and is therefore a dps drop. Legendary SH will only proc 6 times in those 6 seconds, which Seal of Pain will do alone. I guess this is to avoid exploitation through crazy specs such as Inq/Cabalist/Defiler
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2