+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Mystifal
  • 1 Post By fantasyy

Thread: QOL - Threat drop ability - cleric only calling missing it

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default QOL - Threat drop ability - cleric only calling missing it

    hi all, i'd like to bring the devs' attention - once more - upon a QOL aspect that is pretty singular and unbeliavable in the whole game
    cleric is the only calling in the game that does not have a threat drop ability!!!
    it's not a problem itself, but you always say that one of the most important things in the game is BALANCING
    well. this seems a little embarassing then, because mages, rogues, warriors, does have one, and it's very useful nowadays, expecially if something goes wrong in instances or open world, and you don't want to die - if u are a cleric you cannot

    this is unbalanced in terms of PLATINUM! as a cleric, you spend much more plats than any other calling in soul mending, because you cannot avoid to die, while other calling can do.

    please, i'd really like the devs to think about this really seriously in the next future

    for example, you could add the ability to druid or cabalist soul, or whatever, but please fix it

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    please, i'd really like the devs to think about this really seriously in the next future for example, you could add the ability to druid or cabalist soul, or whatever, but please fix it
    They were thinking about adding that to cabailist shadow breach, it never happened... and even if it did I don't see any viable role synergy to acquire it outside of cabalist since Cleric is pretty much a 61 or bust class now at least in progressive end game.. where you are wiping a lot. Other classes are the ones with the good features and have mechanics to swell their dps as they out gear content.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-14-2017 at 06:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    529

    Default

    +1 to this request. I don't like being the only class with an agro drop. I don't understand why this hasn't been added to the Cabbie stealth ability a long time ago. Seems like an oversight that was never corrected. No reason to not let us have it. Not like people will put that into their raiding builds but it's a nice QoL improvement for things like open world.

  4. #4
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,866

    Default

    what's Primalists'?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    what's Primalists'?
    berserker has one.

    No Witness.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Clerics should definitely get a threat dump and other callings should also get a corpse farming ability preferably mass aoe as well.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Gharn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Sounds like Clerics are doing some serious amount of dying. I mean...some deaths count when you do the SPE runs and that's it?

    Cabalist skill was supposed to do the same, but it had some issue if people did it too fast. Even if you ran to a place and then pressed it, the mobs would still nuke you, because the server still "registered" you as moving. The minor latency issue really...I've seen it happen to Harbingers too these days.
    I just never bothered to test it myself, since as mentioned it's only viable in SPEs and there are only few parts of the instances where Cabalist is handy.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    i'm sure the devs will read this. it's an unbeliavable situation that urgently needs a fix.

    btw, i think that some cabalist hybrids could be possible, in particular if they'll put the stealth in cabalist's shadow breach, i'm thinkg about a tank hybrid with 55pt justicar, 21 cabalist for maelstrom and shadow breach (dark passage comes free too, and more you have a purge!), and 0 druid for L faery. this seems very exciting to me!

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    i'm sure the devs will read this. it's an unbeliavable situation that urgently needs a fix.

    btw, i think that some cabalist hybrids could be possible, in particular if they'll put the stealth in cabalist's shadow breach, i'm thinkg about a tank hybrid with 55pt justicar, 21 cabalist for maelstrom and shadow breach (dark passage comes free too, and more you have a purge!), and 0 druid for L faery. this seems very exciting to me!
    Urgently needs a fix as in clerics needs a aggro dump? Or clerics is the only class in this game that can farm while dead or tag 1000 invasion while afking dead?

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    we're talking about a basic class mechanic that all other calling - but cleric - do have. that's it.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    we're talking about a basic class mechanic that all other calling - but cleric - do have. that's it.
    So you are talking about the aggro dump not the fact that clerics can do something that no other class, but cleric, could do... like farming while dead or having easy mode tagging on NMR or Onslaught while afk and/or dead at the same time.

    Gotcha.

    Oh and I have no problem using shadow breach so technically clerics do have an aggro "reset" just like all other classes (while other classes couldnt farm/tag/bot while dead and while afk legally tho).

    It's up to if you know how to properly utilize it. Oh if you cant pull it off, use it in conjunction with break free and after dark passage. ezpz.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-19-2017 at 12:33 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    we're talking about a basic class mechanic that all other calling - but cleric - do have. that's it.
    its not really basic...
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So you are talking about the aggro dump not the fact that clerics can do something that no other class, but cleric, could do... like farming while dead or having easy mode tagging on NMR or Onslaught while afk and/or dead at the same time.

    Gotcha.

    Oh and I have no problem using shadow breach so technically clerics do have an aggro "reset" just like all other classes (while other classes couldnt farm/tag/bot while dead and while afk legally tho).

    It's up to if you know how to properly utilize it. Oh if you cant pull it off, use it in conjunction with break free and after dark passage. ezpz.
    Any class with a pet can afk farm. As for doing while dead, even if bug, its a waste of time, and its pretty derp to bring up. With instant aggro drop abilities I can farm instances in less than 6 mins and get as much plat in that instance than you will make in 2 days while afk farming while dead. No legit player would care if they ever fixed it for that reason. And it was suppose to be fixed only for PvP which clerics are garbage in at the moment so they are using every means possible to try and win. Trion made cleric the most hard countered class in the game in PvP and already admitted the scaling problems with class.

    Clerics with 85Kish spell power, max crit and crit chance can barely sustain 1.1 or 1.2 million when they should be hitting 1.4-1.5 like other classes can do in that gear score.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts