+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Orochan

Thread: Runeshaper- dear devs

Default Runeshaper- dear devs

Runeshaper is parsing so much lower than other souls it's unusable now (100-150k), except as an off soul. All it would take is either making it one less stack to proc rune of smiting or a damage increase of the main bolt, whos name escapes me for the moment (think pyro) . Any chance of making our paid souls viable again? It was so much fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    Runeshaper is parsing so much lower than other souls it's unusable now (100-150k), except as an off soul. All it would take is either making it one less stack to proc rune of smiting or a damage increase of the main bolt, whos name escapes me for the moment (think pyro) . Any chance of making our paid souls viable again? It was so much fun to play.
    I have no idea why so many people started a rumour about it still being viable with high crit power. That was a complete load of nonsense.

I can guarantee you this is at the bottom of their list. It's a paid soul yes, so you would think they would want to make it decent, but they already made it crucial as an off soul, so from their view, it doesn't require any immediate attention.
    Fwob - Zaviel

it's super clunky with it's 1.5 to 1sec GCD mechanic. Just make it perma 1sec GCD IMO.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    it's super clunky with it's 1.5 to 1sec GCD mechanic. Just make it perma 1sec GCD IMO.
    Not really. You have the buff at the start to set up your debuffs and then you nuke away from the remaining time. When it's over, you initiate Doom and keep on with it. When that is down, it's all up to you to either use channel or recast debuffs which all cover the time until Doom can be recasted.

Runeshaper still do quite good damage, but it all boils down to the rotation I guess. With 4.2 it also sounds like Fervent Strike is gonna be a good option to increase damage even more.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

Rift Disciple

cleric is actually missing some fast target switching ranged dps soul (having inquisitor 2/3 dots + fervent), and RS could eventually be suggested to become this, removing all the dots (so eventually only fervent remaining).

i'd also remove the "double stacks" mechanic, that feels very clunky and somehow intricate.. ok to have a soul based on cast time, it can fit what people can just imagine about a caster character, but why do i have to gain x stacks of that for reducing the cast time and then y stack of that for pumping the hit and then finally cast the hard hitting ability?

it could be much more simple to just have normal cast times and a very very big hitting ability that can be eg 6s cast time and proc and become instant, with a 30 sec CD "cast while moving", resulting in a viable soul to play in target switching but static encounters, like berhuast or the phoenix, please note that this would not mean a "piece of cake to play soul", because the real challenge would be try to find the right spots and places to stand still and casting, that you know in the middle of any fight could be not so easy - this is just an example btw, the soul could be improved and simplified in so many and "cheap" ways...

but remember: this is a paid soul, and we'd expect much more from it
    Last edited by Mystifal; 09-25-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    Lol... If you're only getting 100k-150k out of it you're playing it wrong. I agree it needs buffs in some form, but its DPS isn't as far off as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    Lol... If you're only getting 100k-150k out of it you're playing it wrong. I agree it needs buffs in some form, but its DPS isn't as far off as you think it is.
    Considering it has no cleave you'd have to assume that it's dps should be higher on ST to make up for lack of performance on most fights (introduced this expansion).

tbh I haven't touched RS in awhile but that's more because mechanically it just felt clunky and I didn't like the play-style rather than the dps being the thing that turned me away from it.

Well, I personally sustain higher DPS with Runeshaper than Inquistor. If RS doesn't scale as well as Inq with the eternal, then that's its own problem. The issue with RS is it suffers pretty badly on any target swapping and the fact that it actually uses mana doesn't really help it.
    Last edited by Xydru; 09-25-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    Well, I personally sustain higher DPS with Runeshaper than Inquistor. If RS doesn't scale as well as Inq with the eternal, then that's its own problem. The issue with RS is it suffers pretty badly on any target swapping and the fact that it actually uses mana doesn't really help it.
    and quoting myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    cleric is actually missing some fast target switching ranged dps soul

+ Reply to Thread