Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hewi
  • 1 Post By Boase
  • 1 Post By Hewi
  • 1 Post By Jotunn
  • 1 Post By Jotunn

Thread: Justicar armor buffs - bugged?

Default Justicar armor buffs - bugged?

Unless I'm missing something obvious (which is possible!), neither Inquisitor's armor buff (Armor of Treachery) nor Justicar's Mien of Leadership are granting the armor increases that the tooltips state.

With 61 points in justicar and 6 points in inquisitor (a few left unspent) and no buffs on, my armor stands at 517671.
    Mien of Leadership is +35% which should give me 698855, but gives 630174 (+21.73%)
    Armor of Treachery is +3% which should give me 533201, but gives 527315 (+1.86%)
    Together, I should have +38% for a total of 714386, but actually have 639817 (+23.59%).

Am I missing something here, or is this not being calculated / applied correctly?

EDIT: with only 16 points spent in justicar (to get MoL), MoL increases armor by 30.15% instead of 35%, and with an additional 6 points spent in inquisitor, AoT increases armor by 2.58%. So, it appears that something is borked with the scaling... somehow.
    Last edited by Hewi; 07-01-2017 at 07:08 AM. Reason: More stats
    NA#1 T-Rex. Coriolis (RIP) & Nefarious

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Zero buffs I'm at 799318

Armor of Trechery should put me at 823k but puts me at 814.2k

MoL should put me at 1.07mill it puts me at 973k

MoL + AoT should give 1.103mill it puts me at 987k

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Zero buffs I'm at 799318

Armor of Trechery should put me at 823k but puts me at 814.2k

MoL should put me at 1.07mill it puts me at 973k

MoL + AoT should give 1.103mill it puts me at 987k
    Identical increases to mine.. definitely not working as it should be methinks.
    Last edited by Hewi; 07-01-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Champion

Could it be additive with the soul gifts and other talents? Or affect the base armor value instead?

Edit: At least in the case of MoL it affects the base armor value as it is said in the discription. Meaning without the soul gifs and other bonuses attached. In that case the number comes up right.

Looking at your number's it all adds up nicely. Divide your armor value by 1.61 (soul gifts) and you will get your base armor value. This is the number that gets used in the calculations of the final numbers. Or in other words, multiply your % by 1.61 and you get the tooltip values out of it.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 07-01-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Soulwalker

Its the same on my primalist and mage, the armor % increase isnt correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Could it be additive with the soul gifts and other talents? Or affect the base armor value instead?

Edit: At least in the case of MoL it affects the base armor value as it is said in the discription. Meaning without the soul gifs and other bonuses attached. In that case the number comes up right.

Looking at your number's it all adds up nicely. Divide your armor value by 1.61 (soul gifts) and you will get your base armor value. This is the number that gets used in the calculations of the final numbers. Or in other words, multiply your % by 1.61 and you get the tooltip values out of it.
    It says armor rather than base, differently to base health though I assume it's effectively the same thing, armor value from gear alone. Could do with a tooltip change if that's the case. Nicely spotted, thanks.

Edit: Does feel like that tooltip needs changing if it's not going to go up by 35% though. Going high enough in justi to get MoL means you get an armor boost of sorts anyway, so it never appears to give you the value that it says.
    Last edited by Hewi; 07-06-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Champion

I guess it depends a bit on how you read it as it says "Increases Base Health, Armor and Resistances by 35%...", which could mean Base stands for all three. On the other hand tooltip wordings were never particularly great in Rift.

Also you can look at it this way. There are three major categories for buffs in rifts (not counting what masteries and legendaries brought):
    -Player Passive: counts soul gifts, talents and other passive buffs in a spec.
    -Player Active: counts all the active buffs you have to apply via skill, like MoL in this case.
    -Raid Active: counts all the buffs that you recieve from others in a party.

All the buffs inside each group are additive with each other, but between the groups the bonuses are multiplicative. And because you need to spend some soul points to get MoL buff, you will by default already fill up a part of the Passive buffs and thus comes the appearance of MoL not actually giving 35% armor bonus.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 07-06-2017 at 05:57 AM.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

+ Reply to Thread