• 1 Post By Gharn

Thread: new druid changes on PTS

Rift Disciple

Default new druid changes on PTS

hi guys did anyone try the new changes?
    what do you think?
    the DPS seems pretty OP atm...

Rift Disciple

Strong as an offsoul with L Fervent Strike, though 61 Druid isn't as powerful as Inq or Shaman just yet.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBoyheat View Post
    Strong as an offsoul with L Fervent Strike, though 61 Druid isn't as powerful as Inq or Shaman just yet.
    LFS didn't even make it to PTS the way you think. Yes, I really mean before they reverted the change. Don't rely on he said she said. LIF was still better dps gains over it.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-02-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Fervent / inscribe fate is the way Im parsing and its a small dps increase since it doesn't have to be hit every 15 seconds. Icy blow increase is disappointing too since we only have one other elemental spell that wasn't covered by it. (jolt) It does put my parse a bit more on par with inq. FS doesn't give the other 30% it states. (i parssed it with inq and had a dps loss.) Im currently playing with fervent/ inscribe fate though and haven't compaired it to bol.
    I need to jump back on pts to see if it was 15 or still 10. if its still 10 (you can see it in the actual buff) my guess is that bol/ if will still be the best, unless keeping bol and if up ends up being more of a loss.

so its back to 10% however you can easily make up the difference in the druid tree and it lasts a minute so its more over bolt of light. my advice 10 druid 5 rune, all in damage increase. at lower levels wisdom or sp made a bigger difference. I have 53408 sp and it only adds 10k dps. Damage increase on 5-600k is better imo.

Telaran

if the change to LFS is staying as is then 10 runeshaper/5 druid will be the 2 off souls with those points for inquisitor and 10 druid/5 runeshaper will be best for shaman......and shaman should out dps inquisitor if my parses are right by a good bit. nonetheless LFS is a must have for all dps specs if it stays like this, which i believe it should

Current change to LFS
    Last edited by Naught; 07-11-2017 at 10:53 AM.

My parses are pretty close on inq and sham, and yes, thats how mine is now even. 10 druid, 5 rs. Which is better in raid will be largely fight dependent- target swapping, movement, stack/ spread dependent etc. Shaman also should work better with the eternal Id imagine as its not as mana hungry.

Telaran

So I went back and checked teh LFS buff on PTS and it says 10% but the tooltip says 15% anyone know which one its supposed to be??? I am guessing what the tooltip value says it is but a confirmation would be nice imo

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    So I went back and checked teh LFS buff on PTS and it says 10% but the tooltip says 15% anyone know which one its supposed to be??? I am guessing what the tooltip value says it is but a confirmation would be nice imo
    Nothing really changed that much in my opinion. The skill level of the cleric being used for theoretical top dps is much higher than the other classes if they are referring to the same raiders as being the best players in the game using their best specs. I got flamed over this when I bought it up about a certain high end raider. Now the same players are like well its x class and they are always OP on Discord. That has been the jist of balance for 2 years. The class testers of the other classes usually underperform and skew results. Want the evidence check out how cleric came out for every raid in NT and PoA. Underperforming.. So for the last 2 years the class dev has been basically using B class players to balance vs an A class top gear player. Cleric needs an additional 7-10% dps adjustment upwards so that they can actually perform the same as B level players and beat B level players with A level performance. Some classes need balanced downwards so they are not OP by same amount. Adding less than 3% difference to barely competitive souls or buffing uncompetitive souls up but keeping them not competitive won't change much.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-12-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Rift Chaser

@Aedynn

So far, I thought class balancing is done mainly in spreadsheets with perfectly executed rotations, so the skill level from a tester should not have too much influence. If a player finds a different better way than provided by the Devs this leads to problems and of course mistakes in the formulas.
    Last edited by Bamul; 07-12-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Champion

I don't like this buff because the legendary fairy healer is already obligatory.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    I don't like this buff because the legendary fairy healer is already obligatory.
    The problem with the buff is that it adds to more design flaws of the class.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-12-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Ehh...what? Legendary Fairy Healer is only an option for relaxed solo roles, laidback Justicar roles and "somewhat useful" for pvp. In pure PVE it's just useless and thus you want the strike instead.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Ehh...what? Legendary Fairy Healer is only an option for relaxed solo roles, laidback Justicar roles and "somewhat useful" for pvp. In pure PVE it's just useless and thus you want the strike instead.
    Obviously, I'm looking at it from a PVP viewpoint. As a Cleric it's required.

Obviously, I'm looking at it from a PVP viewpoint. As a Cleric it's required.
    That's why I called it "somewhat useful". It's a gimped heal that only shines if you're chipped at in PvP, but if the assist train looks at you (or anyone unloading burst), you're screwed and dead and the healing ticks won't matter a thing.

There's a better chance at killing someone back by having your damage increased and hope no one looks at you while doing so, or a friendly healer is nearby.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread