+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newly returning and lost with the game

Default Newly returning and lost with the game

As I said, I recently came back to rift, after the 2nd time leaving it. Old guild mates talked me into giving it a try about 2 years back, so I did, and then they all left in a matter of weeks to play swotor, leaving me solo, so I left the game once again. I came back hoping to reinvent the game, it's still loads of fun, but confusing as heck after not keeping up with all the changes.If anyone can point me, or simply advise me here on a good new build ( I am NOT subbed at this time) that I can solo level from 60, well 62 now, include this new legendary as I am sure I already screwed the pooch on that....also, I would like to join in some grp content, so keep in mind, I would like a solid DPS build, heal build for support and any information you could spare me on rotations macros and the like... I don't mind going and reading for m self, just point me in the right direction, perhaps your guild is needing a newbie almost member and you wouldn't mind a fledgling to tuck under a wing and get me back to blowing up raid bosses. lord I think we were still doing the green dragon raid when I left... thanks all

What calling are you?

You don't have to worry about legendary choices until levels 66-70, so you haven't messed up there if you're only 62! From level 61-65 you gain access to masteries, which you can change at any time out of combat, no need to change your Role/Soul Configuration for that.

If you are a mage (going by your sig), then I highly suggest taking the time to read through this spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154

This might not be the easiest thing to follow, but it contains all of the best Mage specs except for Main tank healing + tanking. For those, look over in the Mage Guides subforum - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s/mage-guides/
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    What calling are you?

You don't have to worry about legendary choices until levels 66-70, so you haven't messed up there if you're only 62! From level 61-65 you gain access to masteries, which you can change at any time out of combat, no need to change your Role/Soul Configuration for that.

If you are a mage (going by your sig), then I highly suggest taking the time to read through this spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154

This might not be the easiest thing to follow, but it contains all of the best Mage specs except for Main tank healing + tanking. For those, look over in the Mage Guides subforum - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...s/mage-guides/
    Ok, well I have a mage, at 60, another toon I made years back, played him when I came back the 2nd time, for now I want to play my cleric, I prefer the play style better...so yes my sig is out of sorts for now...

dbe
    General of Telara

I came back a couple of month ago after a long absence.

Inquisitor got me to 70, some people like Shaman but I don't like melee. You just can't pull a ton. It's also a good dungeon spec. Druid and Defiler were decent solo specs once but they've fallen by the wayside.

For dungeons Purifier is probably your best bet for healing, but for rifts and IAs sometimes Warden is better (more aoe focus).

For specifics on the specs check the guides section.

+ Reply to Thread