+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Clerics need to be worked on

Cleric dps just needs to be tweeked honestly and its more crit power dependent than most, especially in shaman which has a really high crit rate, so if your fragments arent the best you suffer more than most. That being said know your roles. Inq is highest dps if you dont have target swapping right now. Shaman if you do or have a ton of movement. Yes clerics are about 10% off in raids and 20 from rogues. I parsed a bit higher on pts with up coming changes, though not a ton. I think alot of it is fragments. And if you are only playing shaman you may want to try inq. My inq dummy parse is currently higher than my shaman.
    Last edited by Dragynkyn; 07-11-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Plane Touched

Maybe the answer to the eternal weapon buff is for it to trigger at >75% mana and then last for 5-10s (would need parsing tyo work out a sensible figure). This would give a bit more leaway to recharge mana as needed and mean when we open up our buff isn't loss while we are still debuffing. This would give better uptime. (if needed for balance scale back the size of the buff)
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunrar View Post
    Maybe the answer to the eternal weapon buff is for it to trigger at >75% mana and then last for 5-10s (would need parsing tyo work out a sensible figure). This would give a bit more leaway to recharge mana as needed and mean when we open up our buff isn't loss while we are still debuffing. This would give better uptime. (if needed for balance scale back the size of the buff)
    Personally the buff is a mess. It allows for some extra damage on bursts in the start, but after that it's pointless. Even with your idea, the problem pops up when you're healing or using mana hungry roles. Anything intense will easily spend your mana and you will rarely have the buff active. Only Warden (haven't messed much with Sentinel yet) have a good mana regain that doesn't screw up your healing. Puri is stuck with the "sacrifice" spell and you're completely locked out of doing any healing while doing so, since it's not OGCD.

The buff either have to be changed to be much stronger, so it allows a rotation to be "broken" because we have to use mana regain abilities, or it should be weaker and semi permanent like a pulse all the way down to 25%.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

This is one of those times where you need a dev or a CM to just say "we're looking into it, we know it's not perfect", it hurts me to just have to say that, but they still don't get it unfortunately.

For now, you've just got to assume nothing is getting fixed or changed until it randomly appears on PTS. Doesn't take a genius to realise this assumption is the last thing you want to portray, but that seems like the direction they want to take.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

It's not just healers and dps clerics that this is affecting, its affecting tanking as well, most of the time. When tanking multiple targets I can block, its not a problem thanks to the Commitment passive...though when tanking a single target, esp something like a raid boss, it becomes quite apparent. Maybe its just me, but since it was actually upgraded into eternal quality, it seems like I'm blowing through mana even faster when tanking. Yeah, Purpose restores 10% mana per melee hit, and that sounds good, until you take a moment to think about those abilities are costing mana to use, to get that 10% back. And once you're above 75% again, you're back to dealing with double mana costs again, while trying to restore mana. HoF doesn't proc Purpose to restore mana, and to the best of my knowledge neither do Precept of Refuge or DoA.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but there has to be one beyond what's currently in place that maintains balance as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2