+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By FateStayNight
  • 1 Post By Aedynn
  • 1 Post By Dragynkyn

Thread: Cleric vs Mage in 4.1

Soulwalker

Default Cleric vs Mage in 4.1

So I recently came back thanks to the free xpac weekend and got my mage to 70 because everyone told me clerics were garbage in 4.1. Because i had a few soulbound exp pots, i decided to lvl my cleric a bit and so far @ lvl 67 im finding DPS to be very competitive (shaman and inq). Do they just fall off @ endgame or what?

Champion

It falls off in PVP. And not just DPS, Cleric is very fragile.

Dps-wise, cleric is pretty far behind compared to mage. Especially on ROTP since Harb is extremely powerful on add phases. (The dual target CD)

Shadowlander

Clerics got hardly nerfed in 4.1. Just Shamen and Inquisitor got little buffs last days. If somebody ask me for a ranking - i would say

Primalist >> Rouge > Mage > Warrior and Cleric
    Last edited by Sing; 05-29-2017 at 12:41 AM.

I believe the overlord hits pretty hard for warrior, and their Eternal weapon proc is quite good.
    I would say that Rogue Mage and Warrior a pretty much equal, with rogue a bit better on melee, and Mage a bit better on range.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sing View Post

This is actually very very wrong.
    There's no way that Warriors are last/4th in dps.
    Stop playing 61 tempest using legendary skyfall in pure single target fights.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sing View Post
    Clerics got hardly nerfed in 4.1. Just Shamen and Inquisitor got little buffs last days. If somebody ask me for a ranking - i would say

They are doing things you can't understand or even attempt to understand. Next tier of gear is suppose to be a massive upgrade from the current tier. It is planned in a way where they can screw up balance but still have you grind out the gear to be barely competitive. For instance, for cleric they can be 25% higher than their last tier but it will fall like where primalist now is in the current tier. This makes you have to work incredibly hard to compete with other classes. Right now picking cleric is just a terrible idea. if you pick another class you don't even need to do some eternal weapons tiers and still blow clerics out the water in DPS who have leveled their weapons further. It is sad but the truth at this very moment. Overlord and Tempest are good examples but primalist is best. You can actually compete and over take clerics who worked through 25 level of wicket and 100 Experts with just the basic eternal weapon from that class. The balancing is absolutely mental. That is why for every 1 person that says go play whatever class you want there are triple players who say don't pick this class for this expansion. You put 2-3 months in grind and someone who spent a couple days to get the eternal will blow you out or compete with you at the very least in DPS with basic weapon.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-30-2017 at 01:45 AM.

The overall destruction of the class is what made me, a player for years, and most of the other serious clerics quit. I have come back briefly, but am honestly looking at other games. The only reason I came back was its still alright in pvp. Not great, but it bursts well. Idk maybe will be reason to get my rogue or mage up, but when you love a class, and it is so badly handicapped in the expansion, it really puts a bad taste in your mouth. From a game long cleric- dont roll cleric, at least until it is fixed.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    The overall destruction of the class is what made me, a player for years, and most of the other serious clerics quit. I have come back briefly, but am honestly looking at other games. The only reason I came back was its still alright in pvp. Not great, but it bursts well. Idk maybe will be reason to get my rogue or mage up, but when you love a class, and it is so badly handicapped in the expansion, it really puts a bad taste in your mouth. From a game long cleric- dont roll cleric, at least until it is fixed.
    This ^^

I only login to check mail and minions now. My patron has expired last month. Not renewing it. I'll see what 4.2 will bring.One thing for sure: I'm not re-rolling. Yeah, re-rolling another game currently.

Soulwalker

So i got my mage to 70 (cleric was my main since release) .. Realized harb was the only spec i liked playing and how i hated the playstyle of a lot of the other specs (although the dps was nice) and ended up going primalist since the new souls will be out soon. My primalist is now 70 with 'entry level' gear and im amazed how in PVP i can basically kill anyone regardless of their gear or spec in about 5 secs if i have my cd's up.
    Overall im just 'satisfied; with primalist playstyle currently .. theres literally only about 3 specs i use (1 heal, 2 dps) and if for sure has its caveats, but its ok. Fingers crossed the new souls will be fun to play.
    Cleric is, by far, my favorite from a playstyle standpoint. Its a shame they arent where they should be.
    Even if they do 'fix' them ... the amount of time you need to invest to get one character maxed out means that even if they do fix cleric, im not going to waste months of my life trying to catch up gear wise to where i will be on my primalist.

I stuck it out with my cleric in NTE and had mostly t2/t3 gear but it infuriated me when other classes with lesser gear would match (or beat) my performance.

Sadness ...
    Last edited by timidrage; 06-16-2017 at 09:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread