+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bis Loot lists /stat weights

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You have talents that modify SP and Wisdom directly. And getting CP as a secondary on the best ones with like 60+ is really good if you ever come across such rare ones. Unfortunately the only classes that lucked out on itemization are the martial classes who have relatively low T4 fragments(which are like a dime a dozen) that are best in slot for that class. You will rarely come across a tier 1 of SP or Wis. Let alone T1 CP. If you played a rogue or primalist you technically have an easier time getting bis for that reason alone since they get dex and ap fragment rolls on T4 fragments. .. and also they are balanced higher in dps than clerics. Pretty daunting once you figure it all out...

http://imgur.com/H9XMEI6
    Ahhh please don't link that anymore. I did it in November just before 4.0 launched. On the thread I said this will be probably be out of date soon and it is.

For Mages Clerics and Warriors, long story short it's CP on every slot except Life. Life is main stat. So it's mages that luck out since they only have one death slot.

Am hearing that CP isn't as good for Rogues / Primalists but I haven't seen any of those weights or done them.myself yet.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Ahhh please don't link that anymore. I did it in November just before 4.0 launched. On the thread I said this will be probably be out of date soon and it is.

For Mages Clerics and Warriors, long story short it's CP on every slot except Life. Life is main stat. So it's mages that luck out since they only have one death slot.

Am hearing that CP isn't as good for Rogues / Primalists but I haven't seen any of those weights or done them.myself yet.
    I did a test with a friend who has 4K more SP than me and I have 4% more CP than him. He wins on the parses with shaman. So I think you are confusing yourself. The only CP you want is from death T1 and possibly fire T2. No CP from level 3 and above fragments as primary stat. In the case of Rift its ultra rare to get them so itemization team did something wrong. Stack SP.. primaries and get CP secondaries on every other frag. Nothing has been changed with the fragments. It will be but who knows what and when. With the way we are getting high stats on gear and picking up SP modifiers from talents you can very well end up with something like losing up to 6-7K SP for just 5% CP. And also its better for clerics since DPS is pretty bad anyway compared to other classes but their heals are stronger. Shaman is the only one that seems to benefit and if anything it just breaks even or is slightly better than that...

You are right in a sense because CP is more accessible to get for cleric but in theory you want them as secondaries that get boosted on the other fragments.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-03-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    The only thing I can say to this is that YES/NO.

I'm expecting clerics to hit the SC softcap in a relatively short amount of time in this expansion. That said, SC's value will tank and you'll probably 'regret' not having higher SP/CP instead.

Regret is relative though, cause one or two fragments being slightly sub-optimal won't make a huge difference overall.

EDIT:
    My reasoning is that fragments are relatively 'permanent' gear. This means that once you hit the SC softcap you'd have to replace gear pieces that have alot invested into them (but if you're saving good fragments/alternate fragments on alts then it really only boils down to plat).
    SC modifier on talents like MB and RoS still effect those abilities after the soft cap. I would say at the moment its ultra rare to get the best SP/Wis for cleric so stacking CP is just the only practical choice now..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-03-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I did a test with a friend who has 4K more SP than me and I have 4% more CP than him. He wins on the parses with shaman.
    I would fully expect someone with an extra 4k SP to do better than someone with an extra 900 CP. There's a big difference between those two, almost an order of 4 times.

I still stand by my previous statement. Kaylerich (now in Trinity) did the cleric weights and I trust him and his maths checks out.
    Last edited by Archyface; 06-03-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

Do you know how little CP adds to earth slot? Its not worth taking over wisdom..Sorry but I think this is wrong..

I did the test just to figure if its true or not..

Level 15 Earth CP = 282 CP
    Level 15 Earth Wis = 564 Wis

The kicker is if you get a Wis with a boosted CP secondary.. It could be close or more than full Level 15 CP.. But its so rare to find it. Long story short itemization is worse for this class, drop rate is pretty terrible for it as well, and the class balance puts them on the lowest point in dps spectrum. To much working against this class to pick. And plenty of guilds still sit out their clerics(because of all these problems they face with the devs.)

The sad part is clerics get the most returning player threads and for good reason.. Mostly because the class has a splash screen that says "pick me" I can tank, heal and dps... So in my opinion only this is why they are being flagged as "over represented." Those players don't really know whats coming to them if they pick it as an end game class though... PvE raiding and PvP specifically.. with massive hard counters to their burst through cleansing DF, interrupting channels, and purging sents. Either way good luck if you choose it. The cleric plight is long and harsh and body language on lives streams when these topics do come up which is super rare tells a lot. They tend to ignore it all together though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-03-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Do you know how little CP adds to earth slot? Its not worth taking over wisdom..Sorry but I think this is wrong..

I did the test just to figure if its true or not..

Level 15 Earth CP = 282 CP
    Level 15 Earth Wis = 564 Wis
    Ah yeah you're right about Earth sorry. I hadn't closely looked at clerics for a while. Same goes for warriors
    Last edited by Archyface; 06-03-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Shadowlander

I would fully expect someone with an extra 4k SP to do better than someone with an extra 900 CP. There's a big difference between those two, almost an order of 4 times.

I still stand by my previous statement. Kaylerich (now in Trinity) did the cleric weights and I trust him and his maths checks out.
    Ah. I wondered why four different people had sent me pm's about cleric stat weights since yesterday!
    I'd take 4000sp over 4% cp any day! 2000, even!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2