+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fia
  • 2 Post By Leocadia

Thread: Returning and need help please

Soulwalker

Default Returning and need help please

I have googled as well as searched through the Cleric forums and have accomplished nothing other than totally confusing myself....

I have just returned from just over a year break, once upon a time, I was a Shamicar spec, then this last time when forced into a break I was 61 Druid, 10 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor but I understand from what friends have told me & reading here that 4.1 broke that spec and is no longer a viable solo spec.

So after totally confusing myself by trying to find one, I am here asking for help please. I solo nearly all the time, unless happen to be at a rift or zone event, and am looking for a new spec that will allow me to solo without constantly dying to things I should not be. Pets are not a necessity to me, just was playing this one when I left....

thank you in advance for your time and assistance

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Talens View Post
    I have googled as well as searched through the Cleric forums and have accomplished nothing other than totally confusing myself....

I have just returned from just over a year break, once upon a time, I was a Shamicar spec, then this last time when forced into a break I was 61 Druid, 10 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor but I understand from what friends have told me & reading here that 4.1 broke that spec and is no longer a viable solo spec.

So after totally confusing myself by trying to find one, I am here asking for help please. I solo nearly all the time, unless happen to be at a rift or zone event, and am looking for a new spec that will allow me to solo without constantly dying to things I should not be. Pets are not a necessity to me, just was playing this one when I left....

thank you in advance for your time and assistance
    Go 61 Shaman and spec Legendary Fairy Healer once you hit 66, problem solved. (:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Champion

What Fia said. It's a very viable solo spec. You may want to keep druid around for the fae extraction if you just need a mob solo out of a pile and for sending in a pet as a decoy if all you need to do is run in & pick something up. Other than that, go with shammie with legendary faerie. Other offsoul doesn't matter too much for soloing and its a personal preference thing.

Not a single comment helped anything, I to just came back to rift, a lot has changed in 2 years. I'm mainly running my cleric with old builds, and like the OP, I can't make sense of anything being written about, what is "Defiler" and how is it gained? I came back to rift after playing it from launch years back, like most I left for the same reasons. If things can't be clearer then they are, there is zero reason to stay again...people need a lot of help understanding the gearing changes and builds best suited, running and all the other crap they added in that makes no sense to new or returning players. You want to totally kill a game, keep parsing out tid bits of half assed information. When I left 1st time I was pretty much raid geared, came back to find that gear was useless, seeing green world drops with better stats on it, working and RL doesn't give some of us a lot of time to spend figuring out wth were supposed to be doing... BTW I finally got my cleric to 62 last night, not sure which spec I went to keep myself alive longer then a few minutes but pretty sure it's an old one. I had to delete macro lines that didn't work any longer due to I guess they took THAT spell /hit out. Lucky for me I had a ton of plat so I could at least upgrade my main parts... my old guild is gone, left me in charge of the bank but I am pretty sure getting into a good guild would be helpful also. From what I can tell, there isn't a lot of player base left any way, my 2 cents about how the original post was commented to/on

Soulwalker

About a month ago I came back to a level 32 cleric that I hadn't played since shortly after launch. I just picked one of the pre-generated dps specs, which ends up being 61 shaman, 8 purifier, 7 justicar, and I had no problem figuring things out and leveling to 70, which was done solo questing 95% of the time. Both the primalist calling as well as all of the additional souls that have been added over time can be bought via the Ascended Essentials pack which is currently on sale. http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...s-pack-50-off/

Quote Originally Posted by Forgrimm View Post
    About a month ago I came back to a level 32 cleric that I hadn't played since shortly after launch. I just picked one of the pre-generated dps specs, which ends up being 61 shaman, 8 purifier, 7 justicar, and I had no problem figuring things out and leveling to 70, which was done solo questing 95% of the time. Both the primalist calling as well as all of the additional souls that have been added over time can be bought via the Ascended Essentials pack which is currently on sale. http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...s-pack-50-off/
    HUm, went to look at that link, even more confused then before... these are new souls, for a new tree? Sorry, but I've been gone really from game a good 4 to 5 years, even thou I came back for a short stint 2 years back, I think I'm going to need to find a good PVE guild to join back to, so at least across comms I can ask stupid questions and only be a nub to my guild mates!
    Let me ask you, so if I do purchase this pack, which , what is the best way to go? I know, cleric needs more then a single build, at least one for damage and another for healing, if your going to raid and such. Looks like I need to get to reading the forums on these as I plan to buy this add on come Friday. I'm sure I'll be even more lost afterwards...I seem to remember the game was much easier to contend with way back when..

ADD edit.. ok read a bit deeper so the new primalist wears leather armor? So what the hell do I do with all the upgraded chainmail I have? it seems that you will need to carry around 2 or 3 sets of armor.... good grief.
    Last edited by banecrushr; 06-27-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Plane Touched

Each class has their set of armor. Primalist and Rogue share the same armor pieces except for the fact that primalist uses two hander and rogues one handers. Each class, although can wear some of eachothers armor, should be wearing the armor for their class. Plate for warriors, cloth for mages, chain for clerics etc.

I find this class of all the classes has the least support from the players and even the developers. The game at the moment also strongly favors rogues and primalist and martial classes when it comes to game design, and RNG and mechanics. This is not some new issue either. It has been going on for more than year. When cleric does okay every other class QQs because they just expect cleric to be at the bottom forever. Trion left them their for way too long. At this moment, it may even be better to keep the class where it is at so other classes have something to say.. like at least they are not clerics..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-27-2017 at 09:40 AM.

OK... pulled head from arse and some of the old lingo hit me... primalist is a new CLASS! good lord took a wall to fall on me...ok, well I don't care to make a new class, I have a roque at L 30 and walking her up, now just need to get a build as I trashed all the ones I had copied back when... for now tho I am on my cleric, so I will learn from running it and then can play around with the others...appreciate your input, thanks

+ Reply to Thread